None
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Mrbj wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:25 pm
For some reason I read Ornars post as

"We have rebooted Off Topic for a fresh start! We are going to lighten up on the rules in Off Topic"

And I thought...hell yes...some positive change!!!! but the next sentence forced me to go back and correct my error... :cry:

Yeah sure RFD, you can play our emotions around - we are addicted to you - are you know it. [you can charge a cr@ck-he@d anything for his next pot, he gotta have regadless of the price (that's why intro to drugs is always free)]

I think OT (or part of it) should be totally un-moderated. Good luck.
My user name is oranr. I don't think it's too hard to get it right. It's pretty disrespectful to do that, It will not be tolerated anymore.

I appreciate your point of OT being un-moderated. We discussed going that way but it was overruled as we didn't think it fit the site
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Mar 31, 2010
724 posts
102 upvotes
Cowgary
RIP Off Topic.
Banned
Feb 26, 2012
231 posts
6 upvotes
NORTH YORK
oranr wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:35 pm
I know everyone thinks Off Topic will be totally different but it won't be that different. We will be clamping down on certain areas that we found didn't provide quality content and weren't good for the community.

It won't be a Police state as some have mentioned. Hardly the case, we will be enforcing the rules which some users have taken advantage of and trying to stop some of the bad trends that have popped up, basically racism and stereotyping. This type of behaviour isn't acceptable in real life and it won't be accepted on this site.

Please remember that using a race, ethnicity or religion to describe someone or their habits/behaviour is not allowed. This is one of the major changes I want to get across. There is absolutely no need for it.
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.
just to play devils advocate..
It seems to be getting harder.. distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us, or the ones we make for ourselves.
I don't know. Maybe that's part of the plan, to make me think I'm crazy....... it's working.

and before you know it, crazy becomes normal..
Banned
Feb 26, 2012
231 posts
6 upvotes
NORTH YORK

LMAO i cant believe you just did that

EDIT: other forums have this auto-merge thing for double posts.. thatd do good here
It seems to be getting harder.. distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us, or the ones we make for ourselves.
I don't know. Maybe that's part of the plan, to make me think I'm crazy....... it's working.

and before you know it, crazy becomes normal..
Apr 30, 2012
195 posts
5 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
LOL @ Blockwork bringing up the canadian charter of rights, on a privately owned forum, hosted at a U.S. Data Center, no less...

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3137 posts
338 upvotes
CALGARY
oranr wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:39 pm
My user name is oranr. I don't think it's too hard to get it right. It's pretty disrespectful to do that, It will not be tolerated anymore.

I appreciate your point of OT being un-moderated. We discussed going that way but it was overruled as we didn't think it fit the site

Thanks oranr for pointing out my mistake regarding your user name - I've added your name to my browser's dictionary....but really I'm not off by that much and my spelling error didn't result a disrespectful word or phrase. With all the due respect I feel your post being too harsh and threatening. :confused:

Signing off....good luck with all the changes.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Blockwork wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:45 pm

Of course.
1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.
It's kind of silly to invoke the Charter on a matter like the Off-topic wipe. But the fact is those freedoms aren't exactly limitless. I'm pretty sure that if given the chance, the website could argue that the limits put into place are not unreasonable.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I guess I need to tone it down a bit going forward. :rolleyes:

A fresh, new diggler start. I like cute bunny rabbits. Birds singing and rainbows make me very happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2809 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
oranr wrote:
Relax, its not a real name, its just your username.
Mrbj wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:51 pm
Thanks oranr for pointing out my mistake regarding your user name - I've added your name to my browser's dictionary....but really I'm not off by that much and my spelling error didn't result a disrespectful word or phrase. With all the due respect I feel your post being too harsh and threatening. :confused:

Signing off....good luck with all the changes.
Blockwork wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
988 upvotes
N/A
it's the way of the world. RIP RFD.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
115 upvotes
Sudbury
Mrbj wrote:
May 29th, 2012 1:51 pm
....but really I'm not off by that much and my spelling error didn't result a disrespectful word or phrase. With all the due respect I feel your post being too harsh and threatening. :confused:
I concur

Respecting Each Other
You are not allowed to attack, harass, taunt, incite, be rude, be disrespectful to any user.
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
hdave wrote:
May 29th, 2012 2:07 pm
Relax, its not a real name, its just your username.
Actually, it is my real name!
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
988 upvotes
N/A
oranr wrote:

wow
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
gei wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:20 pm
Am I the only one who thought off topic was just fine the way it was?

A little intense debating, political conversation, etc etc, is actually fun.

The new rules are only going to water everything down and make it boring

I'm sure you can find A LOT of other sites on the internet where you can to get your " intense debating, political conversation " fix - it just won't be on RFD anymore. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!