Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
mockingjay404 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 9:57 am
so glad that the mods are actualy enforcing the new rules and locking threads and handing out bans to some of the trolly problem casuers :) WAY TO GO!

and lol @ zz00ter for starting a thread with "politics" in the title the day after politics is banned... ha ha ha...

+1

I suspect that for every member who is p***ed and whining and bellyaching about the new changes / stricter rules...there are 20 members who couldn't be happier with the changes and think they're long, long overdue ! :)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2886 posts
74 upvotes
East York
poedua wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:13 pm
+1

I suspect that for every member who is p***d and whining and bellyaching about the new changes / stricter rules...there are 20 members who couldn't be happier with the changes and think they're long, long overdue ! :)

+1000000000000 for the amount of people complaining how many hundreds ( thousands ? ) haven't? If they felt something wasn't right they've had their chance to voice their opinion.....
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1326 upvotes
Drew87 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:15 pm
+1000000000000 for the amount of people complaining how many hundreds ( thousands ? ) haven't? If they felt something wasn't right they've had their chance to voice their opinion.....

And I suspect those that thought something wasn't right DID voice their opinion...which is one reason why political & religious threads are no longer allowed. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2886 posts
74 upvotes
East York
poedua wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:19 pm
And I suspect those that thought something wasn't right DID voice their opinion...which is why political & religious threads are no longer allowed. ;)

Yeah, I agree - I don't understand why people complain as much as they do....It's the internet, you're going to have trolls, you're going to have people that you don't get along or agree with. RFD does have an IGNORE feature, I have several members on ignore because their points of view and posts irritate me....

I've never complained about them and I've never replied to them, If more people did that the mods would have an easier time managing RFD and topics and forums wouldn't need to be purged/closed.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9986 posts
603 upvotes
Mississauga
Drew87 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:24 pm
Yeah, I agree - I don't understand why people complain as much as they do....It's the internet, you're going to have trolls, you're going to have people that you don't get along or agree with. RFD does have an IGNORE feature, I have several members on ignore because their points of view and posts irritate me....

I've never complained about them and I've never replied to them, If more people did that the mods would have an easier time managing RFD and topics and forums wouldn't need to be purged/closed.

You've been doing an awful lot of complaining in this thread...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
Poor babies can't post their racial slurs. You'll always have 4chan.
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
987 upvotes
N/A
poedua wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:19 pm
And I suspect those that thought something wasn't right DID voice their opinion...which is one reason why political & religious threads are no longer allowed. ;)

i don't quite understand why that highschool gay club thread was locked.
other than the fact that the issue was raised within the catholic school system, it was not a religious thread. by the same token, that foot being send to the PC party thread should be closed too, because it took place on a political party's grounds.

well, my guess is that someone reported the gay thread but no one has reported the foot thread, since mods can't go over everything in the forum, or oranr just felt like stomping his foot and closed the gay thread.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2886 posts
74 upvotes
East York
Tijuana wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:33 pm
You've been doing an awful lot of complaining in this thread...

LOL - yeah, ok, my observations of this site is complaining? ok then....It's funny how you haven't posted once in this thread and then when you do it's with a comment that is meant to cause drama
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9986 posts
603 upvotes
Mississauga
ippon wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:37 pm
i don't quite understand why that highschool gay club thread was locked.
other than the fact that the issue was raised within the catholic school system, it was not a religious thread. by the same token, that foot being send to the PC party thread should be closed too, because it took place on a political party's grounds.
Was just going to say that. If indeed it was politically motivated then it is a political thread.
Drew87 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:42 pm
LOL - yeah, ok, my observations of this site is complaining? ok then....It's funny how you haven't posted once in this thread and then when you do it's with a comment that is meant to cause drama

You kept posting on and on trying to argue with people who didn't like the new rules. They obviously offended you enough to warrant you in posting. So yes, you were complaining.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2886 posts
74 upvotes
East York
Tijuana wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:46 pm
Was just going to say that. If indeed it was politically motivated then it is a political thread.

You kept posting on and on trying to argue with people who didn't like the new rules. They obviously offended you enough to warrant you in posting in a poedua-like fashion. So yes, you were complaining.

Again, posting observations of behaviour I've seen over and over again is complaining? Wow, you're view point is weird...

And you really don't know what my view point is towards the new rules....Who said I like them?

If it were up to me trolls would be permanently banned after being modded more then 3 times and topics would never be closed and forums would never be purged.....Don't act like you know what I'm thinking...Please....

anyways, as I said before, I'm not one to argue so I'm done :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9986 posts
603 upvotes
Mississauga
Drew87 wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:52 pm
Again, posting observations of behaviour I've seen over and over again is complaining? Wow, you're view point is weird...

And you really don't know what my view point is towards the new rules....Who said I like them?

If it were up to me trolls would be permanently banned after being modded more then 3 times and topics would never be closed and forums would never be purged.....Don't act like you know what I'm thinking...Please....

anyways, as I said before, I'm not one to argue so I'm done :)

You just argued with me... You can't say "I don't argue" but then argue and then leave. What you just did was effectively troll me. You planted your opinion and argument and then ran away cowardly. This is the problem with the forums right here. You get people who want to make controversial comments and then run away and not be accountable for them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
Tijuana wrote:
May 30th, 2012 3:58 pm
You planted your opinion and argument and then ran away cowardly.

Hold on, is he running away or staying in the thread and arguing with everyone?

You seem upset or at least confused, Tijuana.
vero95 wrote:
vero95 wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9986 posts
603 upvotes
Mississauga
flashy_mcflash wrote:
May 30th, 2012 4:08 pm
Hold on, is he running away or staying in the thread and arguing with everyone?

You seem upset or at least confused, Tijuana.

He said he is not one to argue and is "done". Done, I'm assuming, unless I am misinformed, means that he will not longer "argue" or "contest" my argument that he is complaining.

my "argument" is that this is why OT has gone downhill. You'd have controversial comments being made and then no one would be held accountable for them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
Tijuana wrote:
May 30th, 2012 4:13 pm
my "argument" is that this is why OT has gone downhill. You'd have controversial comments being made and then no one would be held accountable for them.

But people were held accountable. There's a gaggle of temp. bans that show this. If you think THAT is why OT has gone downhill and not the patent nonsense that was being posted in the first place, well, I don't know what to say.
vero95 wrote:
vero95 wrote:
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback, comments and opinions. There has been some great discussion and definitely some great insight.

As always thank you for taking the time to reply. It was greatly appreciated.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD