Travel

[Merged] Where to get cheap passport photos downtown Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2015 5:53 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 18, 2006
405 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto

[Merged] Where to get cheap passport photos downtown Toronto?

I'm near King & Yonge, what's a good place to get cheap passport photos - it's $20 at Blacks :S
57 replies
Oct 21, 2008
45 posts
Toronto
I've been to Shopper's Drug Mart and it turned out really well. I had it taken at Real Canadian Superstore once and it was crap. Both were the same price.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3730 posts
222 upvotes
shoppers. no question.
Aug 13, 2009
3 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Dude, just go to Chinatown (Spadina one), there is a passport photo place on:
- the East side of Spadina, close to the LCBO, close to Dundas

Its $6.99 everyday, nice old Chinese man, located upstairs, takes your photo and cuts it, stamps it etc. for you

Just look UP - for the greenish "Passport Photo, $6.99 sign" that sticks out (among all the other signs) as you walk along Spadina towards Dundas, on the East side of the street
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
If I were you I would have gone to the customer service desk after the first time and got a refund vs. arguing with her...

For those around a Costco (I know not downtown) that is a good option too... But, I think it is about a 30 minute wait to get your photo done. I don't know if they do that because they want you to shop in the store, if it actually takes 30 minutes....
Feb 19, 2008
1 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
Thanks Karen_o18.

The old man is very nice. The store is located 2nd floor on 327B spadina ave.

karen_o18 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2011 10:05 am
Dude, just go to Chinatown (Spadina one), there is a passport photo place on:
- the East side of Spadina, close to the LCBO, close to Dundas

Its $6.99 everyday, nice old Chinese man, located upstairs, takes your photo and cuts it, stamps it etc. for you

Just look UP - for the greenish "Passport Photo, $6.99 sign" that sticks out (among all the other signs) as you walk along Spadina towards Dundas, on the East side of the street
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2089 posts
134 upvotes
jenishkottaram wrote:
Jul 5th, 2011 8:19 pm
Hello Friends,

This is the worst experience I even got in my entire life , I went to the Loblaws - Yonge St to take photo(passport size) for my visa. There is an old lady there she is the 'PHOTOGRAPHER', I don't know even if she know the basics of photography, she took photos according to his will. If you go there and say you want a photo of a particular specification(even I showed her a copy of my photo of desired specification ), she won't even allow you to speak and she said she knows the specification of all 192 counties visa photo . She took my photo 3 times all three photos were rejected by embassy and last she said your head is small and she don't know how to take photo.

At first I went there on Saturday to take photo and she take the photo 2 times and they rejected by the embassy and again I went there on Monday. I reached the shop at around 5.30 and she put me on hold for one hour & she says she is busy(she is just walking here and there) and I demanded I want to meet the store manager then she said there is no manager in this shop. Luckily at that time another lady came she also have the same issue , our PHOTOGRAPHER again says the same thing that lady's head also is small and she can't take photo. Last we(me & other lady) demanded we want to meet the store manager and at last the manager came and they refunded our money.
But guys I took a day off to take photo and submit the visa application , I lost my time and also my visa is delaying. So guys PLEASE PLEASE don't go to that shop, the worst photographer in the entire world. If you want to take photo please go to any professional photographer and save your time and money.

Thanks for the story! :razz: :D "Your head's too small. So is yours!"
Jul 26, 2010
16 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for this great thread/topic and those who shared those links...it's nice to know where to avail affordable prices when it's time to renew expired passports.
Apr 19, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
After reading this post, I went right over to get my photos done. Service was prompt, professional, and extremely friendly. Would recommend to anyone!

desert wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2011 2:34 pm
Thanks Karen_o18.

The old man is very nice. The store is located 2nd floor on 327B spadina ave.
May 15, 2012
1 posts
Toronto, Ontario
NewtoTO wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 11:29 am
After reading this post, I went right over to get my photos done. Service was prompt, professional, and extremely friendly. Would recommend to anyone!

Would you know if his photo cutter is adjustable?? I have my own photo specifications (not passport size; for PR card)..
× < >