Expired Hot Deals

[Merged] Wind BTS $29 UNLIMITED Talk/Text/Data (Dec. 14- Jan. 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2013 6:20 pm
Jan 20, 2008
730 posts
179 upvotes
Ill be making the switch tomorrow, very disappointment with MOBI coverage. I am currently on the BTS plan from MOBI.
Oct 8, 2011
53 posts
19 upvotes
I want to switch over because i love Wind's Tab system but I have become addicted to Mobilicity's 30 minute N.A. roaming feature
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
2896 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
This is hot IMO,I still have 6 months($23.45 per month) contract left with telus and still waiting for my nexus 4,what should I do,sign this one on Dec 31?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2561 posts
508 upvotes
LONDON
Can I switch from another Wind plan to this one?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4103 posts
339 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Sweet, thanks OP! I've been waiting for this promo since they offered the unlimited wish $25/40 plans.
Dec 14, 2011
45 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
penguin010 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:58 pm
what is unlimited local calling? Say you're in Hamilton, is local considered the hamilton region, or is local including all of Wind's unlimited areas?

*** currently a mobilicity customer. satisfied with my plan right now, but the versatility/extended coverage would be worth the switch.
Unlimited local calling is your unlimited local area/zone only. Unlimited Nation-wide/Canada-wide is all of Wind's Unlimited network area.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1121 posts
128 upvotes
Belle River
MikeMC12 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 12:14 am
Can I switch from another Wind plan to this one?
I signed up with their $100 promo a couple weeks ago, then 7 days later I went and switched to the $150 promo. Afaik, they have some kind of a 14 day policy for returns/cancellation, but outside of that 14 days they might have a fee or something.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
1903 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
sitpot wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 pm
I'm with Mobilicity BTS atm as well, I might look into this once I finish my finals. I hate having any kind of interaction with these type of companies, though. I don't look forward to having to cancel with mobilicity and then do research to make sure I'm doing everything right with wind.

I like the idea of taking advantage of a windtab but by now the SGS3 is practically obsolete so it isn't really an ideal time. Plus they don't sell any nexus 4's, which would make it a no-brainer for me. Still, my Nexus S has been really wonky lately with self-freezes and restarts and the like, and I don't feel like putting a lot of effort into trying new custom ROMs for it when I'm not even sure if it's a problem with the ROM or the hardware.

im in the exact same situation as you. you DO NOT NEED to call in to mobi or cancel your plan. once your port your number, your mobi account automatically deactivates. DO NOT cancel your old account before, it must be ACTIVE if you want to port over your number. wind will ask you for your mobilicity account #, so log in and get that first. and i suggest you get a galaxy nexus from kijiji or something. solid phone, best ive ever owned and dirt cheap nowadays.

ALSO remember, if you get the better together savings with 2 other friends or family members you only have to pay $24/month. cheaper than mobi bts, and WAY better speeds/coverage.
ALSO im not 100% sure but i think u can get a $50 credit for pay before.
hystavito wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:57 pm
Heh, they keep getting better. I signed up for the $100 credit, then days later switched to $150 credit pay before, and now this deal might be even better for me. Need to see the fine print, but it looks like key differences for most people between this and the $40 plan are no US/Can long distance and no voicemail, yes? It'll be hilarious if I go into the store again to switch :) .

Hmm, with the $6.25 discount, I'm paying about $33.75 for 2 years, but with no tab option. This is tempting me to just cancel my Nexus order (who knows when that will come) and get on this plan with a free for maybe $100 phone, I'll prob end up with Wind for the full 3 years to pay off the tab anyway.

EDIT: I wonder if this can be used with Better Together Savings.
like i said, it can.
Clement wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:32 pm
which site shows the best coverage maps for wind vs mobilicity? really considering jumping ship now that this offer has resurfaced.
basically, wind has 3x more towers than mobi.

http://www.loxcel.com/celltower
fingwerk wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:37 pm
Does this BTS include regular voicemail? This is kinda similar to the $29 Super Smart plan.
no voicemail, but possible to get using call forwarding and freephoneline.ca same as i do now with mobi bts.
palmer wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 pm
is there a link to any info on this plan and what it has to offer?
wont be posted until tomorrow.
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
penguin010 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:58 pm
what is unlimited local calling? Say you're in Hamilton, is local considered the hamilton region, or is local including all of Wind's unlimited areas?

*** currently a mobilicity customer. satisfied with my plan right now, but the versatility/extended coverage would be worth the switch.
WIND Mobile has extended local calling. This is the area for Toronto:
http://www.windmobile.ca/en/PublishingI ... apsweb.jpg

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/Unli ... -east.aspx

Hamilton would be considered a local call. The entire yellow area is Wind's "expanded" local calling area. You have a lot of flexibility.
Jul 26, 2007
886 posts
62 upvotes
'berta
nuwan32 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 12:31 am
no voicemail, but possible to get using call forwarding and freephoneline.ca same as i do now with mobi bts.
can you give more details on how to set this up? did you buy the $50 sip key or do you just use the desktop program?
Jan 21, 2006
573 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
No dice my speeds and coverage is fine with mobi, plus I have unlimited province wide calling and data $25. This is only local calling and since they outsourced their call centers customer service is brutal.
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
How magnificent Is Messi? There is no answer It’s like counting the bubbles in a bottle of Champagne
Destroying Aresenal and Manchester united is what he does best.... :p
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
1903 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Clement wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 12:53 am
can you give more details on how to set this up? did you buy the $50 sip key or do you just use the desktop program?
no its free. tell me if this doesnt help:
nodyarg wrote:
Mar 8th, 2012 4:14 pm
To those who are interested in this plan but wont sign up without voicemail:
- You can get a free phone number and a customizable answering machine from http://www.freephoneline.ca/ (if you cant get a toronto number you can use thornhill, richmond hill, etc to avoid forwarding to a long distance number)
- Then set your phone to forward your unanswered, busy, and unavailable incoming calls to your freephoneline number.
- Then set your voicemail access number to the corresponding number on this list http://www.freephoneline.ca/vmAccessNumbers
- Also make sure to set your freephoneline to only ring once before going to voicemail, you can do this by logging into your account on their website and going to your settings
- You now have $25 BTS + Voicemail! When people call your regular phone number and you dont answer, it will forward them to your voicemail on your freephoneline number, and you can check your voicemail from your cell phone the same way you always would.

I believe they also provide the option to automatically transcribe your voicemails and email them to you in text form.

EDIT: I can help with specifics on how to do this using an android phone.
and use this to find out which conditions u want to forward:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2344 posts
153 upvotes
Never used Wind.. can I get this plan on month to month plan? or contract only?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4103 posts
339 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Thinking of porting over from Petro-Can prepaid. If I sign up on Wind, do I have to port my old number right away, or can I do it later on?
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
mepatrick wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:24 am
Never used Wind.. can I get this plan on month to month plan? or contract only?
The plans are available on a monthly basis; you can have it on pay before (prepaid, no credit check) or pay after (billed monthly).
× < >