Expired Hot Deals

[Merged] Wind BTS $29 UNLIMITED Talk/Text/Data (Dec. 14- Jan. 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2013 6:20 pm
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
ceraf wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:26 am
Thinking of porting over from Petro-Can prepaid. If I sign up on Wind, do I have to port my old number right away, or can I do it later on?
It's a bit messy to port in after but it's doable. I don't recommend it though.
Jul 26, 2007
884 posts
62 upvotes
'berta
nuwan32 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:14 am
no its free. tell me if this doesnt help:

and use this to find out which conditions u want to forward:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding
so as far as i can tell:
you dial *68[freephoneline phone #] to set up the forwarding to the FPL#, and i just dial any one of those voicemail box numbers to access my vm?
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:28 am
No call forwarding?
Call control is included (caller ID, missed call alerts, call waiting, call hold, call forwarding and conference calling)
Jun 3, 2007
120 posts
51 upvotes
What are the pros and cons of pay before (prepaid, no credit check) or pay after (billed monthly)?
Thanks for the help
envayed wrote:
The plans are available on a monthly basis; you can have it on pay before (prepaid, no credit check) or pay after (billed monthly).
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14291 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
My mobilicity plan is technically way better in terms of value but Wind is better with data speeds.

It's hard to say especially when wind can screw you with overage and roaming. It's happened to me before.
Also you can't just do anything you want like you would at Mobilicity. Make a mistake and your going to have to pay for it unlike Mobilicity where your locked in to only pay what you agreed to.

I'll stay with Mobilicity. Their rates are straightforward and they meet all my needs since I usually buy my phones outright.

Things that are holding me back:
  • No subsidies if you choose pay before
  • Horrible LD rates compared to Mobilicity
  • Only local calling vs province wide
  • 25c roaming vs Mobilicity's 20c/roaming
  • No data capping or limits if you choose pay after
Feb 1, 2006
102 posts
5 upvotes
walterk wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:32 am
What are the pros and cons of pay before (prepaid, no credit check) or pay after (billed monthly)?
Thanks for the help
+1
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1121 posts
128 upvotes
Belle River
ceraf wrote:
Thinking of porting over from Petro-Can prepaid. If I sign up on Wind, do I have to port my old number right away, or can I do it later on?
For the promo a few days ago, I was going to do that but the store staff noticed in the fine print that porting would void the promo. Now this isn't really a promo but rather just a limited time available plan, but still it's a good idea to make sure.
Mar 19, 2010
303 posts
37 upvotes
walterk wrote:
Thanks for the help
I think Pay after is only good if you KNOW you're gonna stick with Wind for 3 years. After 3 years, whatever you have remaining on your tab gets removed.
If you plan on just testing it out, i'd suggest going with pay before. If you sign up with pay before, you have to pay for the sim card ($25). I signed up with wind pre paid a month ago and i got a $25 credit to my account to offset the sim card cost (not instantly, took exactly a month for mine to come in). Not sure if they still offer that.
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
walterk wrote:
Thanks for the help
pay before - you're in total control ie. once you pay for the cost of the monthly plan, there's no chance of overages unless you topped up with extra $$. Drawback (to some): You pay for phones upfront.

Pay after- there's a chance of overage (ie. maybe long distance calls etc.) but you also get the benefit of taking advantage of subsidized handsets should you ever need to. They subsidize phone based on a tab system. With the tab...you get $X discount on the phone, 10% of your bill goes towards paying off that tab and if you leave before the tab is paid off, you pay what's remaining; WIND has a pay-off promise in that they'll wipe the tab clean after 3 years).

Keep in mind, you do not HAVE to take the tab when going on pay after. I've been on pay after without the tab - so I'm not tied to WIND. But the day may come when I'll like to take advantage of it. People who initially sign up on Pay Before and want to switch to Pay after must change their plan if their plan is no longer available.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11327 posts
751 upvotes
Mississauga
Any converage near 407/Mavis in Mississauga?
HEATware |

[shortened link removed]
Jan 20, 2011
244 posts
29 upvotes
are you allowed to tether unlimited data on this wind plan?
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:35 am
  • No subsidies if you choose pay before
  • Horrible LD rates compared to Mobilicity
  • Only local calling vs province wide
  • 25c roaming vs Mobilicity's 20c/roaming
  • No data capping or limits if you choose pay after
just an fyi...
It's 20c to roam with WIND Mobile.

Can you clarify your last point?
Oct 10, 2008
193 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
underjeep wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:44 am
are you allowed to tether unlimited data on this wind plan?
you are allowed to tether.

WIND has a fair usage policy -- it's a soft cap of 5GB. Depending on network demands, they MAY throttle you if you pass the 5 GB.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14291 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
envayed wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:45 am
just an fyi...
It's 20c to roam with WIND Mobile.

Can you clarify your last point?
I guess they changed it. My point was that mobilicity limits you to only use the amount of data your account can allow from your wallet vs wind allowing you to use the data but then bill you later.
× < >