Expired Hot Deals

[Merged] Wind BTS $29 UNLIMITED Talk/Text/Data (Dec. 14- Jan. 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2013 6:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
HKPolice wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:33 pm
What about for existing customers switching to the new $40 or $29 plans? If we bring in a new phone while keeping the current number, does the discount still apply?
What you'll need to do is port out (say to prepay somewhere... i believe petro canada is the cheapest) then port back in (you might need to use a different name, not sure on Wind's record keeping) but the number won't be an issue then. You'll lose out a bit on monthly charges but it'll likely still be cheaper than the $25 fee to change plans from wind and you should qualify for all the promos.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 8:47 pm
Can i get the credit using my galaxy nexus phone which isnt connected to any plan, any provider?

Thanks
You can get $50 service credit. Service credit CANNOT be used for monthly fees, only can be used on add-on fees such as roaming.
Jan 17, 2009
64 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
GVRtrader wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 9:27 pm
You can get $50 service credit. Service credit CANNOT be used for monthly fees, only can be used on add-on fees such as roaming.
Since you're bringing your own phone, you can get a $50 service credit that CAN be used towards monthly fees. The discount is called "Bring Your Own Phone" and it's only available if you choose Pay After. Any plan.
Aug 6, 2012
89 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to buy it from Mobilicity for $499 and bring it to Wind? Not really want to get into the WindTab...
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1118 posts
17 upvotes
does this plan include:

-unlimited long distance in canada?
-unlimited text/picture messaging?
-caller id ?

all of the above in addition to unlimited local calling, data is included with the Mobilicity BTS plan.
Aug 19, 2011
11 posts
Coquitlam
Is there anyone who got mail for Facebook promotion??
Sep 8, 2005
47 posts
8 upvotes
Made up my mind to switch to Wind today at Metro. Was using Mobi BTS and its data connection was bad (always below 750 kbps) and unstable.
With Wind, now I am getting 1K-3Kbps and signal is stronger than Mobi.
Used at Metro, South Burnaby, New West downtown, and Richmond No.9 Walmart. So far I am quite satisified.

By the way, I can get connection pretty quick after restarting my handset. With Mobi, I had to wait for a long long time or I set the network operator manually.
Jan 17, 2009
64 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
xGambitx wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:23 pm
does this plan include:

-caller id ?

all of the above in addition to unlimited local calling, data is included with the Mobilicity BTS plan.
Picture messaging not included. Each picture message you send will cost $0.20. Receiving is free.
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Has
xGambitx wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:23 pm
does this plan include:

-caller id ?

Nope And Nope

It Only HaS Local Calling, CaNadian Msging And Data With Call Controls.
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
HKPolice wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:33 pm
What about for existing customers switching to the new $40 or $29 plans? If we bring in a new phone while keeping the current number, does the discount still apply?
Nope.Only One TIme New Customer.You Can Always Port Out/Port In. ;-)
Jun 15, 2004
581 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if the BYOP $50 credit applies to the $29 BTS plan? On their boxing day page(LINK), under terms and conditions, it says the credit only applies to the Unlimited Wish plans ($25/40).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
1933 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
CheapDude wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:12 am
Does anyone know if the BYOP $50 credit applies to the $29 BTS plan? On their boxing day page(LINK), under terms and conditions, it says the credit only applies to the Unlimited Wish plans ($25/40).
yes it applies.
× < >