Expired Hot Deals

[Merged] Wind BTS $29 UNLIMITED Talk/Text/Data (Dec. 14- Jan. 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2013 6:20 pm
Aug 18, 2004
65 posts
2 upvotes
Will my Galaxy Nexus from Mobilicity work on the Wind network? I'm in Toronto and I don't see 4G (it says H on my bars) - I'm not sure I've been getting fast speeds with Mobilicity. Also anyone know if I have money in my Mobilicty wallet, if I can get it back?

I really wish this included voicemail. Can I pay an additional fee for it?

Does this include global text?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1062 posts
159 upvotes
ceraf wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:26 am
Thinking of porting over from Petro-Can prepaid. If I sign up on Wind, do I have to port my old number right away, or can I do it later on?
I did the same thing during their black friday promo. I had to port right away, but I'm not sure if that's because it was a one day sale. I'm not sure how much research you've done into porting from petro-can, but you'll need the IMEI number of the original device you bought from petro-can to complete the port. It also takes a while for the port to complete, took me 4 days (including sat and sun) before my number was ported.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2005
2034 posts
67 upvotes
caput wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 7:28 am
Will my Galaxy Nexus from Mobilicity work on the Wind network? I'm in Toronto and I don't see 4G (it says H on my bars) - I'm not sure I've been getting fast speeds with Mobilicity. Also anyone know if I have money in my Mobilicty wallet, if I can get it back?

Does this include global text?
The B2S plan in September does not include global text, so if this is the same plan, my guess would be no to global texting. I'm quite missing that actually when I switched from Super Smart plan.
Feb 2, 2009
278 posts
71 upvotes
rui wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 12:10 am
This is hot IMO,I still have 6 months($23.45 per month) contract left with telus and still waiting for my nexus 4,what should I do,sign this one on Dec 31?
If you sign up, you throw away $120-$140. Is what you gain worth the $120-$140? How soon after you sign up is this worth it? 8 months, a year? Note that this Back to School (BTS) plan will probably be back in August.

I hope this helps :)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2209 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 6:41 am
Yes, you PM me, and I'll pay your tax on top-ups....forever....but only for one RFD member. Newbies need not apply.

And with Wind prepaid (really called "pay before"), you can take a payment holiday for periods of time, without losing your account, nor number, and not have to pay for that payment holiday. With Mobi you do have to pay, even when it wasn't working....This alone makes Wind the better choice for saving money. Unless you never, ever, go on vacation....
can2000 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 7:21 am
Can you do Pay As you Go tops-up? TIA
Absolutely. However, Wind's system is much more convenient to credit card users.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3077 posts
468 upvotes
GTA
caput wrote:
Will my Galaxy Nexus from Mobilicity work on the Wind network?
Yes
caput wrote:
I'm in Toronto and I don't see 4G (it says H on my bars) - I'm not sure I've been getting fast speeds with Mobilicity.
Best way to check what you're connecting at is via Settings > About Phone > Status > Mobile Network Type.

IIRC, HSDPA:8 should be the highest it goes without the Premium data addon ($20/month)
caput wrote:
Also anyone know if I have money in my Mobilicty wallet, if I can get it back?
No
caput wrote:
$5/month
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3000 posts
479 upvotes
GTA
Wish this deal had LD been aching to switch from mobilicity f&f $32 to wind for a long time. Tired of network drops and garbage 3g. Is it hard to setup the freephoneline voicemail?
Aug 6, 2012
157 posts
25 upvotes
TORONTO
Clement wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:32 pm
which site shows the best coverage maps for wind vs mobilicity? really considering jumping ship now that this offer has resurfaced.
http://coveragemapper.com/windmap.php

Shows real coverage from users, and you can overlay the Advertised Coverage. Also includes tower information so you can guess at upcoming support. The mobilicity version is: http://coveragemapper.com/mobilicitymap.php or you can use the generic: http://coveragemapper.com/map.php?mccmnc=302490 and flip between WIND Mobile and Mobilicity with a dropdown.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2843 posts
59 upvotes
Kanata
Where are the details of the plan? I can't find it on their website. Does it include VM and CID?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4201 posts
374 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Bulwark wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 7:53 am
I did the same thing during their black friday promo. I had to port right away, but I'm not sure if that's because it was a one day sale. I'm not sure how much research you've done into porting from petro-can, but you'll need the IMEI number of the original device you bought from petro-can to complete the port. It also takes a while for the port to complete, took me 4 days (including sat and sun) before my number was ported.
Thanks for the info! I had no idea I would need the old IMEI. Good thing I still have that phone =P
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1952 posts
1042 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
They have a $40 plan which has EVERYTHING including Canada/US talk, global text and vm. What I am confused about from previous posts is about their Unlimited Canada/US talk. If I am in a Wind zone and call a US or Canada number outside of the various Wind zones, do I get dinged for long distance? Secondly, if I am NOT in a Wind zone and I make calls or browse the internet, do I get charged? Thirdly, if I prepay for my service, someone said there are no overage charges? Does this mean I can go out of zone and do what I want and there will be no charges? Sounds too good to be true............Please help clarify the above..........TYIA
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 9:24 am
They have a $40 plan which has EVERYTHING including Canada/US talk, global text and vm. What I am confused about from previous posts is about their Unlimited Canada/US talk. If I am in a Wind zone and call a US or Canada number outside of the various Wind zones, do I get dinged for long distance? Secondly, if I am NOT in a Wind zone and I make calls or browse the internet, do I get charged? Thirdly, if I prepay for my service, someone said there are no overage charges? Does this mean I can go out of zone and do what I want and there will be no charges? Sounds too good to be true............Please help clarify the above..........TYIA
It's only included if calling/receiving from within your wind zone, everything outside of your wind zone there will be additional charges.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1507 posts
265 upvotes
caput wrote:
I have money in my Mobilicty wallet, if I can get it back?
hmmm.. maybe use it to pay your bills since you can't get it back.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
2965 posts
280 upvotes
Hamilton
envayed wrote:
Dec 14th, 2012 1:41 am
pay before - you're in total control ie. once you pay for the cost of the monthly plan, there's no chance of overages unless you topped up with extra $$. Drawback (to some): You pay for phones upfront.

Pay after- there's a chance of overage (ie. maybe long distance calls etc.) but you also get the benefit of taking advantage of subsidized handsets should you ever need to. They subsidize phone based on a tab system. With the tab...you get $X discount on the phone, 10% of your bill goes towards paying off that tab and if you leave before the tab is paid off, you pay what's remaining; WIND has a pay-off promise in that they'll wipe the tab clean after 3 years).

Keep in mind, you do not HAVE to take the tab when going on pay after. I've been on pay after without the tab - so I'm not tied to WIND. But the day may come when I'll like to take advantage of it. People who initially sign up on Pay Before and want to switch to Pay after must change their plan if their plan is no longer available.
^^^

No, you can switch to pay after and keep the promotional plan that you got at the time you signed up even if it's not available any longer.
I did it with Irresistible35 2 weeks ago. ( went to payafter from pay before )