Expired Hot Deals

[Merged] Wind BTS $29 UNLIMITED Talk/Text/Data (Dec. 14- Jan. 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2013 6:20 pm
Nov 14, 2004
702 posts
61 upvotes
Theoneandonly wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 2:42 pm
Are you sure it is saying you have no messages or no new messages? Does the message show up when you login via the web?
The webpage says I have no messages either

But I am getting voicemail messages in my email inbox - go figure.

Edit: Just figured it out I had my "Voicemail to email" set to Forward and I guess that option skips your voicemail inbox altogether
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2008
1028 posts
77 upvotes
Etobicoke
hugewallet wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:03 pm
does this unlimited data work on ipads?
NO,
Wind network will not support any Apple Device.
The only place you're going to find a helping hand, is at he end of your own wrist. Joe Mondello
Mar 26, 2006
178 posts
13 upvotes
I am in Ottawa area (barrhaven to be precise). I see the coverage map. I need to make sure that it works in Cornwall (long distance apply). How is the signal compared to other big guys (Telus/Bell/Rogers)? I do not quite understand what this home/away coverage mean? If I am in Barrhaven calling central Ottawa is roaming?
Jul 24, 2006
287 posts
5 upvotes
London
Anyone get their android phone setup so they can hold 1 and get taken to the freephoneline voicemail prompt with their number already pre-entered?
I tried a , (soft pause) and a ; (hard pause) in the voicemail setup but neither would be accepted.
E.g. +12261234567,12269876543
Apr 2, 2010
78 posts
1 upvote
Perhaps this has been answered; is this plan in store only?

I assume Back to School isn't the same one.
Nov 14, 2004
702 posts
61 upvotes
MWM wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:34 pm
Anyone get their android phone setup so they can hold 1 and get taken to the freephoneline voicemail prompt with their number already pre-entered?
I tried a , (soft pause) and a ; (hard pause) in the voicemail setup but neither would be accepted.
E.g. +12261234567,12269876543
I set it up as a contact and it was working but for some reason it's not working anymore

Never could get the actual voicemail under phone settings to do anything other than dial the local voicemail number
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1458 posts
250 upvotes
Got off the phone with Wind, to confirm the $50 BYOP was applied correctly to bill instead of add-ons. Lo and behold it was put on for add-ons even though I'm on Pay After. CSR fixed it so she says (I hoped)...

Also as for FB code.. I gave the code to her and she put in an action for it to be applied, will take about three days so I'll have to call back and check again.

EDIT: called mobi and am getting refund check :) pays for the sim card, hehe
Jul 24, 2006
287 posts
5 upvotes
London
redflagged2006 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 6:01 pm
Got off the phone with Wind, to confirm the $50 BYOP was applied correctly to bill instead of add-ons. Lo and behold it was put on for add-ons even though I'm on Pay After. CSR fixed it so she says (I hoped)...

Also as for FB code.. I gave the code to her and she put in an action for it to be applied, will take about three days so I'll have to call back and check again.
Where can you verify the credit(s)? I was told I had the BYOP phone credit put on at store when I activated but i'd like to verify it.
Sep 8, 2005
47 posts
8 upvotes
Trying to get the voicemail from freephoneline.ca
In fact, I got it all setup and was able to receive the voicemail in my gmail account.
However, the voicemail shows in my gmail inbox but it was not pushed to my phone until I manually 'sync' it.
Typically, my mail shows up on my phone pretty quick but this is not the case with the voicemail email.
Any idea? Thanks in advance.

[Resolved] voicemail was blocked by company firewall. Once I disabled WIFI then I received the voicemail right away.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1458 posts
250 upvotes
MWM wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 6:18 pm
Where can you verify the credit(s)? I was told I had the BYOP phone credit put on at store when I activated but i'd like to verify it.
It's not online.. I called CS and asked where the $50 was applied.. at first she said add-ins and features then I told her it should be on bill adjustment and she agreed as part of boxing week.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1351 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
snafu101 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 6:37 am
On another rfder's advice with more signal with S2X I use the Note UVLG3 xda link , that being said I did not try any prior to it so can't really compare
Thank you so much! My S2X would not work on Wind until I flashed that radio!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
I think the wish plan was better
Oct 3, 2006
52 posts
11 upvotes
For those in Vancouver, I just came back from the Wind dealer ("Celltronic Ltd.) in Crystal Mall, Burnaby. I had received a $30 promo coupon in the mail from them earlier this month that said it could be used for accessories.

So yesterday I went to ask the dealer if a SIM card counts, and he said he could make an exception for this time. I had arrived just when he was closing so I had to go back today to set it up. To my surprise, today he said that the SIM is free and that I could use the $30 towards other accessories. The selection of accessories wasn't great and the stuff is definitely not worth $30. But the free SIM card was all I was hoping for, so the other stuff was just a bonus. I only had to pay tax of $3.60.

He was able to apply the BYOP $50 credit but said the Facebook credit was not stackable. But I'm going to try calling Wind later and get them to apply the FB credit.
Jul 12, 2007
60 posts
14 upvotes
Does anyone have any tips on getting a free SIM with activation of the BTS $29 in the GTA on a Pay Before account?
× < >