[Merged] Windows/Doors

Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4750 posts
1553 upvotes
Paris
beezie wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:23 pm
Anybody have an opinion on Gentek Regency windows?

Beezie
Yes. We are a dealer of theirs and sell about 1 house per year by request.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Jun 15, 2018
6 posts
One house per year.... Obviously not your first choice or you'd be out of business! SO, what do you not like about this window?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4750 posts
1553 upvotes
Paris
beezie wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 8:14 pm
One house per year.... Obviously not your first choice or you'd be out of business! SO, what do you not like about this window?
Better built windows for same price

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
May 31, 2017
110 posts
17 upvotes
BenK wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 11:11 am
anyone know how long it typically takes to receive the cheque from GreenOn after installation is done and application is submitted?
Application submitted on May 28th. Got notification today (Jul 12th) that it's been approved and we'll have our cheque in 2-4 weeks.
Sep 11, 2013
13 posts
7 upvotes
My bottom half of my door is warped I can see outside Old 60 yrs +triplex 32 inch door What options do I have? I tightened the hinges and still same
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4750 posts
1553 upvotes
Paris
automorph wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 6:18 am
My bottom half of my door is warped I can see outside Old 60 yrs +triplex 32 inch door What options do I have? I tightened the hinges and still same
Warped exterior door... if its metal throw it out. If its wood, you can remove it and try and bend it back over a period of about 3 weeks. Cheap doors warp.

Apr 21, 2016
179 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
automorph wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 6:18 am
Means its past its expiry date. Time to invest in a new door.
Apr 21, 2016
179 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
GaganD65149 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 6:56 pm
Hi any body help me which company is better window city or vinyl-pro

Thanks
3rd choice is?
Jun 7, 2010
179 posts
16 upvotes
Anyone has used Window-Pro Designs windows? Would like to hear any pros or cons regarding their window.

I am not able to find any feedback in this thread (and in general on the internet). Any help is appreciated!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4750 posts
1553 upvotes
Paris
deadsea wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 2:38 pm
Anyone has used Window-Pro Designs windows? Would like to hear any pros or cons regarding their window.

I am not able to find any feedback in this thread (and in general on the internet). Any help is appreciated!
Their warranty is crap and full of “outs” for them. That tells you most of what you need to know.

Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16470 posts
2128 upvotes
My front door saga continues ... the large transom above the door developed a seal failure. I called it in for warranty and the door manufacturer came out to inspect it and approved a warranty case.

However, they now say the transom was subcontracted and they will only repair (reseal) the transom. Are transoms normally remanufactured or are units "repaired" / "resealed"?

Granted this is a pretty large transom and is pretty expensive... what's the standard practice?

The warranty is ambiguous, just says it's warranted for 20 years.

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)