Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

[WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199

May 15, 2006
154 posts
14 upvotes
Steelerfan wrote: WTF?

Did you guys send them emails first or did those messages just arrive out of the blue?

I ordered last Thursday, emailed them Sunday and still haven't heard anything.
drey2k wrote: We appreciate your BlackBerry order ################## and we are glad you were able to take advantage of some great promotions. Due to high demand, it may take several days to ship your order (please allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery). You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your order has shipped. If you have a question regarding your order, please log in to your account (you must have created an account at time of purchase).

Looks like we are getting our 2/$300 blackberries.

teehee at all those who promised we wouldn't

sucks that we might have to wait a while to get em though... :/
Jermyzy wrote: Ordered my playbook yesterday (Sunday) and just got this email update:

Dear Jeremy, We appreciate your BlackBerry order ############## and we are glad you were able to take advantage of some great promotions. Due to high demand, it may take several days to ship your order (please allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery). You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your order has shipped. If you have a question regarding your order, please log in to your account (you must have created an account at time of purchase):Account Log In:Go to: https://store.shopblackberry.com/Login then click on "My Account" at the top of the screen and then "Order History" on the left under Account Information For additional support please email us at orders@shopblackberry.com quoting your order number, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Best Regards,ShopBlackBerry Customer Servicea GlobalWare Solutions Inc. Store

I got the same e-mail and I did not make any attempt to contact them either. Looks like they are slowly catching up to the orders. If our orders go thru, its almost comparable to the deal RIM employees are getting :)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
7jai wrote: Out of curiousity, say we DO get the 2 for $300 deal - and they ship/invoice us. Can I go to Best Buy, and price match the 2 playbooks I got from a week ago if I show them the invoice?

Is there a timeline?

I think the pricematch policy only applies if:
1. They have stock
2. If the promotion is current (though I'm not 100% sure about this). As this was a mistake, it's been quickly taken offline and is no longer available.

That being said, doesn't hurt to try but your chances of getting a pricematch are pretty slim.
Jul 20, 2010
35 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered my playbook from Visions.ca on thursday morning. Anyone who ordered from them get any confirmation yet?
Jan 1, 2009
382 posts
63 upvotes
No doubt this has been asked and answered but 533 pages is a lot to go through to find......what is the BestBuy return policy for Playbook, do peeps know? is it 14 days or 30 days? I have received my PB from BestBuy but will want to return it if Blackberry actually ships my order of 2..... :razz:
Apr 28, 2011
256 posts
29 upvotes
circus_boi wrote: No doubt this has been asked and answered but 533 pages is a lot to go through to find......what is the BestBuy return policy for Playbook, do peeps know? is it 14 days or 30 days? I have received my PB from BestBuy but will want to return it if Blackberry actually ships my order of 2..... :razz:

I only know what I've read on this forum, but it seems to depend on who you ask. Some employees have said 14 days, others have said you have til Jan 8-10?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3488 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
RIM stock up almost 8% today...

On a different note, I also ordered the 2 for $300 "deal" and got my e-mail confirmation today just like everyone else. Still considering calling them as many of you have said that they seem to want confirmation of address or CC.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1210 posts
141 upvotes
New SSH Telnet & Rlogin Client Based on PuTTY for BlackBerry PlayBooks

http://www.berryreview.com/2011/11/29/n ... playbooks/

"...Telnet SSH client for the BlackBerry PlayBook. This new client is based on PuTTY and supports the SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin protocols. This app is built on the work from PuTTY, qPuTTY, and the QT Library so it has a long legacy to build on. The SSH Client still has a way to go to be the perfect SSH client for the BlackBerry PlayBook but it definitely is the current best option for SSH on the PlayBook."

Also PRO TIP! :p
If you ever have trouble getting the menu to pop up when pasting text, try typing a few letters, like aaa, where you would like to paste. then hold ur finger down on the 3 letters, and the paste menu will pop up more easily :) Thats what I do anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1464 posts
1517 upvotes
ghostworld wrote: Make sure the drop down menu says Canada. The email takes you to the American site which you can't log in to.

Got it. Thanks!
Sep 12, 2003
26 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
gumby wrote: ... and at 10:30 AM ...

BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Save $300
See Below for Details.
Price: $499.00 Each

Out of Stock

Purchase this tablet and Save $300!
Add this item to your cart and type code 86386 in the “Enter Coupons” section of the online checkout to redeem this extra savings instantly!
*Offer valid until December 1, 2011.
Limit one per customer. While quantities last.

Still shows in stock for me....strange.
May 15, 2006
154 posts
14 upvotes
deadprez wrote: No i think the only thing that will confirm is when status changes to shipped. I will not take a CSR rep's word for it.

Did your order status change?
May 15, 2006
154 posts
14 upvotes
deadprez wrote: Its going up in price ... just seen a guy on kijiji charging $400 for 16gb.

This guys must have high hopes.... :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
I log in to FS website, and found that my all order records in history are gone. How can I print the receipt out and return so? > :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Nov 4, 2008
206 posts
11 upvotes
Brandon
7jai wrote: Out of curiousity, say we DO get the 2 for $300 deal - and they ship/invoice us. Can I go to Best Buy, and price match the 2 playbooks I got from a week ago if I show them the invoice?

Is there a timeline?

Oh man, you sure examine every angle! Two $150 deals are not enough! Need more! :) I'd hate to have to negotiate a business deal with you.

======

On another topic:

Just got an attempted delivery notification email for the Playbook I ordered sent to my brother in a different city here in Manitoba (where they leave the card on your door). I thought it was for the one I ordered for myself, so I was steamed they didn't try to deliver it to me (I'm at home right now). Maybe there's still hope for me getting it delivered directly to me within the next hour or so.

BTW, these are orders from one week ago, last Tuesday from Future Shop when they had backorders available for an hour or so.
Feb 21, 2008
174 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
mastermixer wrote: I ordered my playbook from Visions.ca on thursday morning. Anyone who ordered from them get any confirmation yet?

I ordered mine on the 24th as well. Called them the next day and asked if they actually had them on stock. They said they did but it's just taking time to process the high volume of orders and I should expect it to ship out "in the next few days." The rep goes on to say that it may ship out by Monday or Tuesday. Will call today to check... I'll probably get the same answer with the dates changed.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
ok need some help is their a decent app that can configure any kind of simple file sharing to my home nas?
Nov 4, 2008
206 posts
11 upvotes
Brandon
can2000 wrote: I log in to FS website, and found that my all order records in history are gone. How can I print the receipt out and return so? > :(

Wha? Never heard of that happening. Sounds like it's time for a tech support call.

I just checked mine and the order history is still there. Is it possible you have accounts under two different email addresses or something?
Sep 16, 2005
894 posts
390 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Got my email from blackberry confirming order/delay in shipment as well
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
So does anyone know if Walmart has the extended holiday return policy for the playbook?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
gene2u wrote: Wha? Never heard of that happening. Sounds like it's time for a tech support call.

I just checked mine and the order history is still there. Is it possible you have accounts under two different email addresses or something?

I am still waiting on the queue...15 mins pass...
One email address only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)