Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] [WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199

Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2008
1431 posts
258 upvotes
TP is better price wise and in my opinion - all wise!
Evil.Monkey wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:34 pm
How many of you ordered the Playbook while also got the Touchpad?

I have the TP, wondering if it is worth it to buy a PB... hmmm
Dec 27, 2007
100 posts
6 upvotes
Dinu wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:36 pm
TP is better price wise and in my opinion - all wise!

Out of curiosity, how much experience do you have with both of them to form this opinion?
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2008
1431 posts
258 upvotes
I have the experience using a TP. Not a PB. I have read a lot of review regarding PB tablet and I got the needed clarification. TP is better. Especially, price wise.
RamR wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:39 pm
Out of curiosity, how much experience do you have with both of them to form this opinion?
Apr 7, 2011
709 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
iEye wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:51 pm
IF they were the same price..

picture this, it is 5 minutes before closing time at BestBuy, you are walking out the store, an employee is putting a sign LIQUIDATION! iPad 2 $199, playbook $199

you only have $250 in your pocket, what do you take?

be honest,,,
chimp wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:55 pm
iPad 2 for sure even though PB is more useful(not much) to me. I would take the iPad 2 and sold it then use the proceed to buy PB, pocket a bit of cash in the process :-)

Which Best Buy ?

+1

Take the iPad 2, sell it for a profit, and get the PB + more.

If demand for both were the same, I'd take the PB over the iPad anyday. I just hate Apple's proprietary software. (like transferring a simple song onto my device shouldn't involve some special software, it should be drag and drop!)
Sep 22, 2009
784 posts
69 upvotes
Dinu wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:42 pm
I have the experience using a TP. Not a PB. I have read a lot of review regarding PB tablet and I got the needed clarification. TP is better. Especially, price wise.

Dec 27, 2007
100 posts
6 upvotes
Dinu wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:42 pm

You have some pretty strong opinions about something you have no hands on experience with. There have been at least as many positive reviews that I have read, and I have read many, so I guess you not only have no hands on experience but you are basing your opinions on the negative reviews. Interesting approach.
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2008
1431 posts
258 upvotes
Indeed, when I am looking for a device review I am looking straight to the negative points. Because in the end this is going to create you a lot of remorse. Not the positive points.

Otherwise, when you buying anything do you balance in your mind what positive versus what negative will bring this item to you/your house, doesn't you?

Well many will look for the positive points only when the negative points will come later... And then after the remorse...

Me, I am trying to avoid remorse. Why to buy something which you will regret after?!!
RamR wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:47 pm
You have some pretty strong opinions about something you have no hands on experience with. There have been at least as many positive reviews that I have read, and I have read many, so I guess you not only have the hands on experience but you are basing your opinions on the negative reviews. Interesting approach.
Dec 27, 2007
100 posts
6 upvotes
Dinu wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:49 pm
Indeed, when I am looking for a device review I am looking straight to the negative points. Because in the end this is going to create you a lot of remorse. Not the positive points.
Worst.Research.Approach.Ever!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
Dinu wrote:

+1. It is those things that I may find unbearable that is important.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
Dinu wrote:

Otherwise, when you buying anything do you balance in your mind what positive versus what negative will bring this item to you/your house, doesn't you?

Not a bad bit of reasoning...

You bring up a good point... it is usually the negative things that make us hate using a product...
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2008
1431 posts
258 upvotes
Maybe for you! For me the best approach!
RamR wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:52 pm
Worst.Research.Approach.Ever!
Dec 27, 2007
100 posts
6 upvotes
It's like the Fox News approach to research... let's just get one side of the story and report it as the complete picture. There is nothing like getting the real complete story... and nothing like some hands on experience to make the opinion yourself.
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2008
1431 posts
258 upvotes
Listen, man. I don't know what Fox News is doing... But I will ask you something. Let's say you have read a X product review. Different sources. And 50% of the reviewers are telling that the X product they bought died after 1 month of usage. And they tell you why. And they have all the reasons. Do you think you need to spend the time to read the positive points to buy the X product? Are you going to buy the X product? Are you serious?!!

Or maybe you want to buy it to have "some hands on experience to make the opinion yourself"??? :D :D :D :D :D
RamR wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 8:57 pm
It's like the Fox News approach to research... let's just get one side of the story and report it as the complete picture.
Jul 15, 2006
513 posts
94 upvotes
Merely pursuing contraindicating information is still an overt reliance on confirmation bias. To fully evaluate ANYTHING you should be open to positive and negative information. You my friend are certainly not advocating for rational and objective selection strategies.
Dinu wrote:

Well many will look for the positive points only when the negative points will come later... And then after the remorse...

Me, I am trying to avoid remorse. Why to buy something which you will regret after?!!