Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] [WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199

Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3409 posts
979 upvotes
So for clarification, are people cancelling their RIM 50% off orders because of return policy or mis-billing?

If there is something wrong with the device, you would think RIM would pay for the shipping costs to return it. It almost makes more sense to just drive it over to the Waterloo office and have them clean up the mess =P.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9358 posts
332 upvotes
waiting on the RIM bashing posts if (once?) the 50% off orders get cancelled...
Dec 31, 2009
82 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond Hill
husdaman wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 9:40 am
did you send an email here? help@shopblackberry.com

I called wanting to cancel as well but I can't get a hold of anyone.

I also tried calling and could not get through. My emails were sent to all three of their listed customer service email addresses:

help@shopblackberry.com
orders@shopblackberry.com
feedback@shopblackberry.com

To be clear, I only cancelled because of the bait and switch on billing. I already have a PB but figured the price (buy one, get second 50% off) was too good to pass up. If the confirmation email had matched the coupon price, I'd not cancel. That's a sweet deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2895 posts
1087 upvotes
halcyon wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 9:45 am
So for clarification, are people cancelling their RIM 50% off orders because of return policy or mis-billing?

If there is something wrong with the device, you would think RIM would pay for the shipping costs to return it. It almost makes more sense to just drive it over to the Waterloo office and have them clean up the mess =P.

The warranty clearly states that they will cover all shipping costs related to warranty claims. It's no different from any other company.

Aug 25, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Boucherville
this went from 1 of the best threads on RFD's to one of the worst. can't even read it anymore. it might have been cool to hate rim a few months back, but that cool factor is long gone.
Sep 18, 2008
529 posts
120 upvotes
Hi guys, I also ordered through the ca.shoblackberry.com website with the coupon code but when I checked out I didn't create an account just proceeded as a guest, so is there anyway to check the status without having created an account or will they be emailing you a confirmation of shipping/cancellation when it happens. I already got an order confirmation email just waiting to see if it will be cancelled or ship. Thanks!
Apr 1, 2010
178 posts
28 upvotes
The Blackberry.ca toll free line doesn't work for me, anyone else having trouble?

Guess I'll try email.
Apr 28, 2011
256 posts
29 upvotes
tdotojnf wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 10:02 am
Hi guys, I also ordered through the ca.shoblackberry.com website with the coupon code but when I checked out I didn't create an account just proceeded as a guest, so is there anyway to check the status without having created an account or will they be emailing you a confirmation of shipping/cancellation when it happens. I already got an order confirmation email just waiting to see if it will be cancelled or ship. Thanks!

I thought you had to create an account to order from the shop.
Jul 14, 2009
1 posts
Finally got thru, after 40 mins on hold. guy states he was waiting for me to call in to confirm my credit card! LOL they could have emailed me this info, instead of making me call to find this out. after i confimed my credit info, states my order will now be processed, and should recieve product in 5-7 business days.

there customer service is by far the worst!
connman wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 9:59 am
I also tried calling and could not get through. My emails were sent to all three of their listed customer service email addresses:

help@shopblackberry.com
orders@shopblackberry.com
feedback@shopblackberry.com

To be clear, I only cancelled because of the bait and switch on billing. I already have a PB but figured the price (buy one, get second 50% off) was too good to pass up. If the confirmation email had matched the coupon price, I'd not cancel. That's a sweet deal.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11662 posts
3736 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So is everyone trying to find a RIM employee to befriend this morning? ;-)
Sep 18, 2008
529 posts
120 upvotes
ghostworld wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 10:04 am
I thought you had to create an account to order from the shop.

No you don't apparently, just proceed as a guest there should be a check box to do so if I recalled correctly when I ordered, but now that I am checking the website again it doesnt' even ask for an account just goes directly to the address and payment information. But I am wondering for those that don't create an account is there a way to check the status?.... hmm..
Apr 25, 2009
587 posts
7 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 10:23 am
So is everyone trying to find a RIM employee to befriend this morning? ;-)

Why? They get 100 off again?
Jan 13, 2008
88 posts
3 upvotes
I got my shipping notice this morning for the 2 Playbooks I ordered on November 22 through Bestbuy.ca. Interesting note: the Canada Post shipping notice has a note for "no safe drops". I wonder if they are finally being a bit more cautious with these things?

Mine is coming from the BC warehouse, so should reach my place by the end of the week. Looking forward to getting them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
49 upvotes
love a deal wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 10:29 am
Why? They get 100 off again?

16gb @ $99 for ALL RIM EMPLOYEES!!

if this is the case, then there is a HUGEEEE chance that the 2 for $300 error deal might transpire afterall!!! SWEET! :lol:
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.