Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] [WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199

Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1328 posts
299 upvotes
Hey anyone having an issue where the very top row of pixels are white when you play a video in full screen mode? Its not light bleeding but a white line. I also seem to have 4-5 very small stuck pixels located near the top that only show up in dark screens :( they actually looked lined up too

I bought it online at bestbuy so hopefully I can find a store with stock so I can exchange - hopefully for a non-open box lol but anyways so far happy with my pb
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3410 posts
979 upvotes
Daemon24 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 10:53 pm
I just got the same e-mail:

I placed my order Thursday night (5 days ago), using the $10 promo code (09OLTY12).

I don't see any reason why I'm "high risk". Seems like a load of crap to me, as though they're trying to get out of it.

I think others have mentioned this as well on the RIM Employee discount thread as well. What's going on here? Did you (and the others) order more than one or multiple times? Did you guys initially get confirmation e-mails (such as what others received with the 2/$300 deal?
Mar 11, 2005
99 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a 16gig playbook off of staples on-line...

Back in stock - before they go up?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24947 posts
11238 upvotes
Ottawa
cruisegm wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 10:29 pm
I just got my Playbook and everything seems to work fine except that I'm having issues with my bluetooth connection.
I don't have a blackberry phone but tried connecting it to my Samsung smartphone, my Motorola bluetooth headphones and to my Asus netbook. I can pair the devices but the option to actually connect them isn't there. I've left both devices on the "discoverable" mode and still no connection.
The headphones connect with my smartphone with no problems.

Any ideas? Or should I replace it with another one?

Thanks!
If you are referring to your bluetooth headset, it is not yet compatible with the PB.
The PB does not support A2DP, until the next OS update.
Apr 1, 2010
178 posts
28 upvotes
ur_too_crazy wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 10:07 pm
I spoke to Rathna too yesterday (She must be the only one answering phones at shopblackberry) It's conversations like this that make me wonder if we'll ever get our playbooks. Seems like they're just making up crap not to ship these out.

Yeah I'm beginning to worry too.

I can tell you this, if we get screwed out of these Playbooks (I ordered two to give to my daughters as Xmas presents) Rim is going to get a least one long nasty phone call. This is their chance to get the devices in our hands and win us over, not too smart if they screw this up.

At least I was able to get one for my wife from Chapters.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3873 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Like I said before I like the PB, just a little worried about software so.....here is my pitch:

Anyone with an extra PB I will trade for my PS3 slim includes:
Controller
HDMI cable
BD remote
Installed PSN games
500GB external USB / Firewire 400 drive for media storage
Internal drive has 234GB free space of 298GB.
Jul 4, 2005
705 posts
55 upvotes
dengcn wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 10:59 pm
With $99 for 16G coming out recently, just wonder if any hoarder made any profit at $199 deal? LOL

Speaking of which, I got a friend buying me a discounted one.

Thus I have an unopened 16gb bought from Staples. If anyone's interested in purchasing it from me for cost give me a PM. Otherwise I'm just gonna return it to the store.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2009
1293 posts
87 upvotes
tman1988 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 11:11 pm
Anyone who has had there credit cards charged already get this email? My card has already been charged and I don't want to get one of these emails and lose out on the deal.
i fear that we might all get this email by thursday, especially those that got the 2/$300 deal. Let's hope I am wrong about this.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1525 posts
205 upvotes
You won't see a $99 playbook. At $199, they are already flying off the shelves. Why would any company sell for less ? OK, maybe some type of door crasher sale on Boxing day, where there's only 2 per store ? But good luck getting that.
May 17, 2011
25 posts
4 upvotes
WOODSTOCK
halcyon wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 11:13 pm
I think others have mentioned this as well on the RIM Employee discount thread as well. What's going on here? Did you (and the others) order more than one or multiple times? Did you guys initially get confirmation e-mails (such as what others received with the 2/$300 deal?

I only ordered once, quantity of one, for myself; can't get more simple than that. I got a few emails, one shortly after confirming my order, another one yesterday with a shipment update saying it would be delayed, and then this cancellation e-mail this evening (after the phone lines closed).
Apr 1, 2010
178 posts
28 upvotes
Does anyone remember the app that alerts you when a store's stock numbers change on their website? I've tried searching the thread but it's grown too big.
Apr 1, 2010
178 posts
28 upvotes
sylvestor2002 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 11:25 pm
You won't see a $99 playbook. At $199, they are already flying off the shelves. Why would any company sell for less ? OK, maybe some type of door crasher sale on Boxing day, where there's only 2 per store ? But good luck getting that.

Yep I've said the same thing itt. Makes no sense whatsoever to sell it for less when they can't even keep it in stock.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2009
1293 posts
87 upvotes
for those that said, they've been charged by blackberry for the 2/$300 deal, are you people referring to the "pending charges" or the actual "billed charge"?