Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] [WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199

Feb 2, 2008
84 posts
20 upvotes
Prince Albert
hvc wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 8:32 pm
i ordered mine on the 22nd from FS, received it on tuesday! how far in the backorder were you?

edit: 600! haha typing on this PB is hard lol

I'm not sure into what hundred units of backorder I was at. I was fairly high into them, maybe thousands. No big deal, if I can get it from the Source that is much better for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2961 posts
490 upvotes
billybob501 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:23 pm
I'm not sure into what hundred units of backorder I was at. I was fairly high into them, maybe thousands. No big deal, if I can get it from the Source that is much better for me.

Yeah, at least you got one @ $199. Just a matter of waiting for delivery now. I bet after these sales end (tonight), a lot of the backorder units will ship within a week or so.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
For anyone wanting to resell here is a tip..

Ask the buyer for a NEW plastic series $100 bills, they have not been out long enough for anyone to copy them, thus you will not get scammed. And bring "dog pepper spray", just incase they try to rob you... DOnt forget to have your voice recorder on also...

Well for all the people that did not get one I suggest you brew some coffee in your KEureg or TAssomo and stay up all night until 5AM and see if FS/BB restocks before they change the price...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2961 posts
490 upvotes
iEye wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:27 pm
For anyone wanting to resell here is a tip..

Ask the buyer for a NEW plastic series $100 bills, they have not been out long enough for anyone to copy them, thus you will not get scammed. And bring "dog pepper spray", just incase they try to rob you... DOnt forget to have your voice recorder on also...
Or, ask them to pay you in unrolled loonies - nobody wastes their time making fake loonies! Now, that's an idea!
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
hvc wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:31 pm
Or, ask them to pay you in unrolled loonies - nobody wastes their time making fake loonies! Now, that's an idea!

dont be silly... $2 coins in a plastic see through roll = $50.. only need 5 at least...

even better is tell them to meet you at lunch time at the bank, that way if they bring a weapon you shout "bank robber!" and it makes it a federal crime. :twisted:
Sep 18, 2008
529 posts
120 upvotes
I got the cancellation for the 2/300 also.. Anyways, I was wondering if we have to call them to cancel or if we leave it and it passes December 8 will they automatically cancel the order? I would rather not wait an hour on the phone just to call to cancel, the least they could do is just automatically cancel why would they tell us to call to cancel??

Thanks!
Jul 31, 2008
234 posts
56 upvotes
Duncan
tdotojnf wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:35 pm
I got the cancellation for the 2/300 also.. Anyways, I was wondering if we have to call them to cancel or if we leave it and it passes December 8 will they automatically cancel the order? I would rather not wait an hour on the phone just to call to cancel, the least they could do is just automatically cancel why would they tell us to call to cancel??

Thanks!

Have you tried the 1-888-805-6789 number included in that email? I got a hold of someone really quick with the number.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6064 posts
2112 upvotes
tdotojnf wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks!

It was literally a minute call for me. I was on hold for 30 secs, got to speak with someone and told em to cancel in 30 secs. Quickest I've dealt with someone from RIM/Globalware.
Jan 24, 2008
227 posts
47 upvotes
Scarborough
So I just picked up my PB from Staples today(order yesterday).
It is nice, I like the multitasking feature and the sweeping gesture. It connects fine to my N router, fast browser.
I also have a Samsung 7" Android tablet. It seems a little bit bigger than PB and it doesn't have the multitasking interface that I like in PB(until HoneyComb that looks that can be installed). But..
My Samsung is unlocked, 3G version and rooted. I have the phone application and I can make call with my cell phone SIM. I also can have a data plan with it.
But most significant is the Android market app. It has tons of free app, some of them that I use and find useful and most of them free.
That's about it. I am going to keep the PB and see what OS2 it going to offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
domo325 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:38 pm
It was literally a minute call for me. I was on hold for 30 secs, got to speak with someone and told em to cancel in 30 secs. Quickest I've dealt with someone from RIM/Globalware.

Ya, They should hire these people to work for Bell and the other carriers...

YA, hello bell, I want to can.... OK your account is cancelled... :cheesygri

reality:
BELL REP... Sir we will put you on hold... hello, why do you want to cancel? is there anything we can offer you?, how can we correct the problem? I can offer you this!

NO MOTHER $%^&* I SAID I WANT TO CANCEL!

I AM LEAVING THE COUNTRY!
BELL Rep: when are you coming back?
NEVER!

OK sir well I can put your account on hold for you to think about it....

sun of a beach!> :(
Jul 31, 2008
234 posts
56 upvotes
Duncan
iEye wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:42 pm

reality:
BELL REP... Sir we will put you on hold... hello, why do you want to cancel? is there anything we can offer you?, how can we correct the problem? I can offer you this!

NEVER!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jun 30, 2008
510 posts
20 upvotes
iEye wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:47 pm
Sending it back to Shop BB? make sure you reject the package or you will have to pa for the shipping...

do you have to call shopbb before to tell them that you going to refuse the package?

also what company does shopbb use to ship?
Nov 4, 2007
183 posts
4 upvotes
Holland Landing
iEye wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 9:42 pm

reality:

NEVER!

:D :lol:

Got the cancellation email too....ha well it was good while it lasted....I've got one anyway. I wasn't going to even bother calling them to cancel...the charge is already gone from my credit card so whateva...