Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] [WM/Staples/FS/BB/TSCC/Sears/Bell/Chapters/Visions] Blackberry Playbook $199

Aug 10, 2008
419 posts
80 upvotes
bman77 wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 10:31 pm
Nice bump brah

Nothing recent in the search other than this thread, brah. Didn't know they had RFD in Hawaii. Thanked for your comment though.
Aug 10, 2008
419 posts
80 upvotes
Tabooger wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 10:29 pm
lol thought there was a deal on PB again. Whatever happened to those 7" Android tablets from Samsung/Asus that were supposed to be $250. Those are MUCH better buys than this broken hardware where you can't play any media files that's not converted...

Check out handbrake if anyone wants to convert media files, great software.

Yeah, I've been looking on those...unless i missed a thread here or there, just nothing for cheap. I more just want a cheap little media player for the road/plane with some apps so I wasn't really authorized with the household budget to go for more than a couple hundred. Probably actually not authorized for this either, but its small enough to hide from my fiance. (Thats what she said).

Anyways, sorry for breaking the bump code - thought there may be others looking for cheap over quality. I will refrain from it in the future : )
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
271 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
What the FAQ?

this tablet has not hit $99 yet? :twisted:

and where is the 3G LTE whatever Playbook? Apple will have iPad 4 out before Rim gets 1 updated tablet to market,
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5153 posts
1208 upvotes
Kanata
Ukrainianoiler wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 10:40 pm
Yeah, I've been looking on those...unless i missed a thread here or there, just nothing for cheap. I more just want a cheap little media player for the road/plane with some apps so I wasn't really authorized with the household budget to go for more than a couple hundred. Probably actually not authorized for this either, but its small enough to hide from my fiance. (Thats what she said).

Anyways, sorry for breaking the bump code - thought there may be others looking for cheap over quality. I will refrain from it in the future : )

I think this is the worst media player for the road/plane, if you want to just throw media files in, that's just my opinion. If you have the time to convert, it's a great tablet.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3740 posts
455 upvotes
Scarborough
Tabooger wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 11:21 pm
I think this is the worst media player for the road/plane, if you want to just throw media files in, that's just my opinion. If you have the time to convert, it's a great tablet.

I have an android 4.0 hp touch pad and the playbook and i prefer the playbook over the touchpad. The 2.0 update made calendars and email absolutely perfect on the playbook, infact I don't think any other tablet even comes close to the playbook in that segment. What I don't like about the playbook is mainly that it has no netflix app, other than that no issues so far. I dl'd a season of heroes and just dumped it onto my playbook and it worked without any issues. There are probably some formats that the playbook doesn't recognize but in all i'd say it supports the most popular formats like mkv and avi.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4616 posts
677 upvotes
SK
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 23rd, 2012 12:21 am
I have an android 4.0 hp touch pad and the playbook and i prefer the playbook over the touchpad. The 2.0 update made calendars and email absolutely perfect on the playbook, infact I don't think any other tablet even comes close to the playbook in that segment. What I don't like about the playbook is mainly that it has no netflix app, other than that no issues so far. I dl'd a season of heroes and just dumped it onto my playbook and it worked without any issues. There are probably some formats that the playbook doesn't recognize but in all i'd say it supports the most popular formats like mkv and avi.

The only video files I can not play is WMV, other then that no issues like you.
shopper-X
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
11979 posts
282 upvotes
Tabooger wrote:
I've had no need to convert anything I've played on mine so far. I believe the only semi-common issue is AC3 audio.
shopper-X wrote:
May 23rd, 2012 8:48 am
The only video files I can not play is WMV, other then that no issues like you.
Same experience here. I use LAN File Explorer and can play direct from my media PC, or I dump them on when I'm on the go.
May 28, 2009
683 posts
214 upvotes
Nelson BC
Calling any device a "Media Player" that doesnt have PHYSICAL buttons for Play/Pause is madness.

Thank you RIM for not buying into the whole Apple-tamagotchya ergo design fail. No wonder they call themselves Pods. Proof again sense is not common.

Proof again Jobs is a marketing genius.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
271 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
UnitG2 wrote:
May 23rd, 2012 1:12 pm
Calling any device a "Media Player" that doesnt have PHYSICAL buttons for Play/Pause is madness.

Thank you RIM for not buying into the whole Apple-tamagotchya ergo design fail. No wonder they call themselves Pods. Proof again sense is not common.

Proof again Jobs is a marketing genius.

Ya, vol + vol- play/pause AND mute.

I am tempted to get that stupid alibaba $37 tablet to tide me over until RIM stops FAQing around and gives out the 3G Playbook.. I returned my wifi model because I wanted the 3G one, dont even know if they are serious about it now.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4886 posts
5678 upvotes
Tabooger wrote:

I have the Playbook, Touchpad with WebOS and Touchpad with CM7/9. The Playbook is the best as a media player which plays almost all videos downloaded from youtube and cameras. WebOS does not play most file types, and the CM7/9 is pretty picky on codecs used as well.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Aug 10, 2008
419 posts
80 upvotes

Hahahahahahaha. I get it now, its a kitten. With its' paw on its forhead, almost like a human would do with their palm. They should make a website based on these sorts of pictures, and come up with this idea 4 or 5 years ago. It would be funny to post these pictures all the time.