Expired Hot Deals

[Zellers] Zellers 50% off single item to December 31st

Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
12777 posts
2862 upvotes

[Zellers] Zellers 50% off single item to December 31st

Just noticed this at the checkout counter today. 50% off a single item when you say "Cucumber" and show the coupon from Facebook or on your mobile device. I don't have either so I was wondering if there is any other way to get that deal? Cashiers seemed unaware of the deal at all even though it's on the counter by the register...
2623 replies
Jan 8, 2007
285 posts
22 upvotes
I was just about to post this. Looks like no go for video games or blurays. Cant use it on home electronics complex. I'm guessing that means anything in the electronic section. Would have been nice for tv's. Oh well, I can use it for small kitchen appliances.
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
74 upvotes
GTA
its a hassle to use it here it here in the falls... tried to do it today and of course i get a snewty (thinks it's coming out of her pay) employee that first "suggested" i somehow made this thing up (said it looked too much like an old navy flyer doctored up) and thus refusing to accept the coupon. btw, i printed it out and took it in, i didn't use my phone to show it.

i then ask to see the manager, to which she replies that it's boxing day and they are too busy to deal with something like this and to come back another time.... she even had the nerve to dispute the validity of the coupon saying even if it's a real thing it wouldn't be accepted on boxing day due to there already being low sale prices and that would obviously kill any profit they were to make..... like really ???

but at that point i was having none of it and was determined to make her look bad and once again insisted to see the manager.... she starts to give me attitude about how i'm holding up the line, BUT once the ones behind me found out they could get one item at 50% off they started asking me how and where i got the coupon... which just infuriated the employee more so she starts saying that it's fake people and he's just pulling a fast one, you will see.

so the manager comes over finally and without a second glance at the coupon says of yes ! of course.. what's the problem ?? i said she won't accept it and is also giving me poor customer service. she was then pulled from her "station" and replaced by another cashier while the manager updated her on the promotion. since i didn't have to surrender the coupon to the cashier (actually she never asked for it) i passed it to the people waiting behind me....

so YMMV if they are not informed of this promotion.
Jan 1, 2011
186 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It says: "Please see an associate for details. To redeem, either surrender this coupon to the cashier or display it to the cashier on your smart phone at the start of the sale" however in the cashier portion it says retain the coupon. So should I print out a copy or just show it and is it available in french anywhere?
Nov 6, 2009
406 posts
18 upvotes
Make sure to say " Cucumber " or a beautiful "Smile" would work also according to coupon :D
Avoid Scammers

Mauritius Island
Banned
Dec 21, 2011
7 posts
OAKVILLE
Does Zellers sell washing machines, and if so, can anyone find a reason why I wouldn't be able to use this coupon on it? My washing machine is broke and I am in desperate need of a new one. Thanks!
Dec 25, 2011
96 posts
15 upvotes
The American
biscuitboy wrote:
Dec 27th, 2011 12:00 am
Does Zellers sell washing machines, and if so, can anyone find a reason why I wouldn't be able to use this coupon on it? My washing machine is broke and I am in desperate need of a new one. Thanks!

The reason is that they don't sell washing machines
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
hot deal

thanks DougO/dollarsign!
Dec 27, 2007
10700 posts
3302 upvotes
Kitchener

Exceptions *Any products from Home Electronics complex, Tobacco, Pharmacy Prescriptions and Codeine Products (certain Restrictions will apply), Lottery Tickets, Past Purchases or Special Orders, Hbc Git Cards, Point of Sale activation cards,
Any License Departments. Further exclusions may apply. Coupons not valid at our Camrose, AB or Dorval, PQ locations. Please see an associate for details.

To redeem, either surrender this coupon to the cashier or display it to the cashier on your smart phone at the start of the sale. Coupon is not transferable and has no cash value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
All applicable taxes are payable on the full value of the purchase prior to the application of the coupon (as GST or HST, and where applicable, QST are included in the face value).
Ascend Y300 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
LG G2 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
What is the best deal to be had?
considering the electronics dept is off limits
× < >