Expired Hot Deals

[Zellers] The Zellers Closing / Rebranding sale thread

Aug 2, 2012
285 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Only thing I picked up was a bunch of bones for my dog and some bird food. Not bad at 60% off. Everything else was garbage.
Jan 1, 2010
476 posts
58 upvotes
Quebec
anyone have a clue when baby stuff usually hits sales?

I keep going back to my local Zellers and barely anything is on sale beside clothing but i'm looking in a near futur for baby stuff like stroller, playyard and those would be good deals if they could hit 50-60% :P

from zellers.com it says "Liquidation starts" Sept 24th
Android Tablet for all your android tablet information
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9917 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 8:57 am
How do get the FB coupon?

anyone know? TIA.
I think it's just BS-talk. The current facebook coupon expires Sept 13 (so does not apply to a sale starting Sept 14) and is only $5 off when you spend > $35. So very far from "cucumber savings" assuming there will be a coupon for 14th+ and if there is, it'll be in the same league as the current coupon.

"Cucumber savings" was during boxing week when nearly everything was on sale (40-60% off) plus a 50% off facebook coupon. The second week of "cucumber savings", there was also a 15% off HBC credit card weekend, but at that point the facebook coupon was very much YMMV. I was able to use it multiple times that second weekend even though the coupon was officially being blacklisted. The key was always finding cashiers who were not aware or didn't care. I bought many things that weekend that were already 50% off + 50% off coupon + 15% off HBC credit card days. A very merry post-christmas :) There will likely be nothing that will rival this.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
I was at the Zellers at Queensway and Kipling this weekend and there wasn't really anything on sale. Everything was extremely overpriced. I saw NHL 12 for $59.99. No wonder Zellers is going out of business. A friend of mine picked up a $250 baby stroller for $35 a few weeks back, so I guess all the good deals are gone or they aren't really trying to get rid of their stock before they shut the doors. RIP Zellers, you won't be missed.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32643 posts
5532 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 10:25 am
I think it's just BS-talk. The current facebook coupon expires Sept 13 (so does not apply to a sale starting Sept 14) and is only $5 off when you spend > $35. So very far from "cucumber savings" assuming there will be a coupon for 14th+ and if there is, it'll be in the same league as the current coupon.

"Cucumber savings" was during boxing week when nearly everything was on sale (40-60% off) plus a 50% off facebook coupon. The second week of "cucumber savings", there was also a 15% off HBC credit card weekend, but at that point the facebook coupon was very much YMMV. I was able to use it multiple times that second weekend even though the coupon was officially being blacklisted. The key was always finding cashiers who were not aware or didn't care. I bought many things that weekend that were already 50% off + 50% off coupon + 15% off HBC credit card days. A very merry post-christmas :) There will likely be nothing that will rival this.
Thanks for explaining. I remember that 50% off FB coupon but did not have the chance to buy stuff then.
New Dell PowerEdge T20 Mini Tower Server Pentium G3220 4GB 4Bay Win10Pro $250
new-dell-poweredge-t20-mini-tower-serve ... #p26754499
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
75636 posts
1539 upvotes
Medicine Hat, AB
Zellers in Medicine Hat still has lots of stuff, basically because they arent doing the huge discounts yet. Pet food as an example onl 25% off where other places its 60% Some things are 60% off but not much. A lot of stuff is 40% off but the original price is so high thats its not a deal yet. Ill check back here and there to see when the prices drop more.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/thin ... on-166920/
TOTAL WINNINGS TO DATE = $99,719.87
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3367 posts
68 upvotes
Our local Zellers started liquidation in June. They started with most things around 30% off. About a month ago almost everything went 50% off. They had not restocked much so there was already limited stock. About two weeks ago they went 60% off, but by then there were very few things left. I have not checked this week to see what is there, but they should be closing any day now.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2001 posts
575 upvotes
our local zellers got back to reg price (after fews section of the store at 40-50%)
now everything is reg priced lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2004
9917 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
Deafmented wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 11:28 am
I was at the Zellers at Queensway and Kipling this weekend and there wasn't really anything on sale. Everything was extremely overpriced. I saw NHL 12 for $59.99. No wonder Zellers is going out of business. A friend of mine picked up a $250 baby stroller for $35 a few weeks back, so I guess all the good deals are gone or they aren't really trying to get rid of their stock before they shut the doors. RIP Zellers, you won't be missed.
Considering that location isn't in liquidation sale status, then yes, no sale to be had there.

It appears this is one of the locations that wasn't attractive enough to be sold off to a competitor so it'll be returned to the land-lord, AFAIK.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
4668 posts
1744 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Update from the Gerrard Square zellers:
Food, candy, laundry chemicals (anything you'd need often) at 10%
All toys at 40%
footwear at 30~40%
Jewellery, luggage at 60%
clothes at 30%
outerwear at 50%
Bras at 50%
cookwear at 50%
Video game hardware at 25%
Video games at 30%
Video game accessories at 40%

Facepalm: Small package of spaghetti @ $2.50
Most of the video game stuff is still overpriced.

If anyone wants me to personally check something, I might drop by tomorrow. No guarantees though, especially if a hundred of you ask for something
Aug 29, 2010
417 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the 1 year xbox live membership included in the %40 off?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
4668 posts
1744 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Comedian Mark wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 8:44 pm
Is the 1 year xbox live membership included in the %40 off?
I couldnt find any at the electronics section (I use the word 'section' lightly, as its been combined with the jewellery and cosmetics sections), and the person working at the time didnt know what I was talking about =/

There were a bunch of giftcards and I think PSN cards at the front of the store, all of which were not included in the clearance sale. Not sure if that can be applied to xbox memberships, as I dont know how those work.
May 25, 2011
433 posts
416 upvotes
Went to Brampton Zellers locations at Shoppers World & Trinity. There isn't much left. It's quite depressing being in there, especially Shopper Worlds; which looks like a tornado passed through.
Serial Contester
Aug 29, 2012
786 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
lilyq wrote:
Sep 14th, 2012 2:59 pm
Went to Brampton Zellers locations at Shoppers World & Trinity. There isn't much left. It's quite depressing being in there, especially Shopper Worlds; which looks like a tornado passed through.
What is the trinity location at? 70-80%?
× < >