Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Meridian

Meridian $300 chequing account offer

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2020 9:25 am
Jul 16, 2013
942 posts
411 upvotes
bigjee wrote: I'm glad it helped you and hopefully others as I didnt want others making the same mistake.
I have added another picture to my original post to show what uncleared/held funds look like.

Im sending an e-transfer now to compare how fast it is versus a checque hopefully its faster like others have reported.
E-transfer was within an hour.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
1100 posts
690 upvotes
Just wanted to thank titaniumtux for all his input and bigjee for the head's up regarding "available" funds. eTransfer from my TD account was fast - I did it a couple days ago and see that it shows the amount as "available", not sure if it was an hour or a couple days though as I wasn't checking closely.

Added Meridian to my PayTM and it worked flawlessly per titaniumtux's suggestions (shows as "Pre-Authorized PAYTM" in my Meridian account).
May 14, 2015
46 posts
55 upvotes
adri8524 wrote: when setting up the PAP to cell phone company i'm not sure which operation qualifies for the promotion, do you push from meridian or do you pull from cell phone company? or does it not make a difference?
Pull from cell phone company ,is considered as a PAP and As far as my understanding, this one is qualified for $300 offer.
Push from Meridian, is considered as a bill pay .
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
Fac1 wrote: Just wanted to thank titaniumtux for all his input and bigjee for the head's up regarding "available" funds. eTransfer from my TD account was fast - I did it a couple days ago and see that it shows the amount as "available", not sure if it was an hour or a couple days though as I wasn't checking closely.

Added Meridian to my PayTM and it worked flawlessly per titaniumtux's suggestions (shows as "Pre-Authorized PAYTM" in my Meridian account).
great..btw what do you mean by (shows as "Pre-Authorized PAYTM" in my Meridian account).
Did you you linkage of PayTm via meridian credentials or manual setup with micro deposits ?
Also, have you setup PAD with utility bill or PayTm cash ?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
TorontoEh wrote: I thought deposits are always free
[/quote]

Thats why i stopped clicking at the confirmation as i have 2 accounts and 4 micro deposits and not sure how much each transaction will be charged.

Btw..so PAD is withdraw as well..does this means this will be charged a fee as well for 6 months ...???
Jun 19, 2019
75 posts
10 upvotes
Do we have a final consensus on whether they do a hard credit inquiry or not? Thanks!
Nov 19, 2014
159 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal, QC
smanso wrote: Do we have a final consensus on whether they do a hard credit inquiry or not? Thanks!
They did. I lost 2 points according to Equifax. Some others also said the same thing. Anyone did not have this issue?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Thansk T, I have two other credit cards linked in my paytm profile so maybe need to delete those, or make bank account my preferred so it gets taken out from it.
titaniumtux wrote: Yes, assuming you have no other linked funding source or you make sure to select Meridian linked account as funding source for the bill pay (there's a drop-down).

Micro-deposits are initially a deposit, therefore no fee. Upon clawback of micro-deposits, it counts as a withdrawal.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
mkannuri wrote:
Thats why i stopped clicking at the confirmation as i have 2 accounts and 4 micro deposits and not sure how much each transaction will be charged.

Btw..so PAD is withdraw as well..does this means this will be charged a fee as well for 6 months ...???
[/quote]

.75 cent each so there goes 1.50 for me LOL :)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
1100 posts
690 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: great..btw what do you mean by (shows as "Pre-Authorized PAYTM" in my Meridian account).
Check the photo I've attached.
Did you you linkage of PayTm via meridian credentials or manual setup with micro deposits ?
I was able to link it in PayTM with my Meridian credentials. Somewhat unrelated, but I am having issues adding this Meridian account to Mint with my credentials, it refuses to connect.
Also, have you setup PAD with utility bill or PayTm cash ?
I didn't really have any bills I could use for this because they're tied up with some other cards, but I added my Scotia VISA Momentum card as a payee in PayTM with a recurring $20 payment coming from the Meridian account. Then I eTransfered $125 from my TD account into the Meridian account.
Images
  • mcu.png
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
@Fac1 should do min $25/PayTM bill pay for the 3 or 5 monthly bill pay bonus pts.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
1100 posts
690 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: @Fac1 should do min $25/PayTM bill pay for the 3 or 5 monthly bill pay bonus pts.
Thanks for the tip. I only opened a PayTM account for the purposes of this Meridian promo, but I may as well add other payees to take advantage of the bonus.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Fac1 wrote: Thanks for the tip. I only opened a PayTM account for the purposes of this Meridian promo, but I may as well add other payees to take advantage of the bonus.
+1

Bonus 500 pts on 3rd and bonus 1k pts on fifth BP in a calendar month, and they stack. So bonus $1.50 monthly towards gift cards at no opportunity cost. Worth it.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2011
1039 posts
1189 upvotes
Does anyone know if you get charged for PULLING money from a linked account TO your Pay As You Go account? It says transactions are $0.75 each but people on this thread are saying deposits are free. So, would a pull be free or cost $075?
Aug 12, 2018
242 posts
75 upvotes
Got this message from PayTM after setting up a recurring bill to my phone plan... The phone plan was already paid for but I thought they would still accept the money and just add it as credit. Any thoughts? "There seems to have been an issue with your recent transaction. As a result, your pending transaction(s) and your account are on hold. This might have happened if there were business transactions detected on a personal account, if your linked bank account does not have enough funds, or if there was potential issue with your credit card. "
May 14, 2015
231 posts
99 upvotes
Fac1 wrote: I didn't really have any bills I could use for this because they're tied up with some other cards, but I added my Scotia VISA Momentum card as a payee in PayTM with a recurring $20 payment coming from the Meridian account. Then I eTransfered $125 from my TD account into the Meridian account.
I have set up exatly the same thing today. Have you confirmed with Meridian if it is qualify by doing so ?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
DavidG88021 wrote: Got this message from PayTM after setting up a recurring bill to my phone plan... The phone plan was already paid for but I thought they would still accept the money and just add it as credit. Any thoughts? "There seems to have been an issue with your recent transaction. As a result, your pending transaction(s) and your account are on hold. This might have happened if there were business transactions detected on a personal account, if your linked bank account does not have enough funds, or if there was potential issue with your credit card. "
You should be ok to overpay your cellphone bill with PayTM.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
bigjee wrote: Not sure if anyone has had their funds put on hold (especially if you are out of province) since applying.
But be careful and DO NOT setup a bill payment UNTIL those funds have cleared.
I initially deposited about $90 for a bill payment and these clowns still havent cleared the funds (i didnt know they could put the funds on hold for 20 days)
But I was charged over draft fee of $40 because these clowns havent approved the funds yet.
Had to call the contact center and they are like we cant reverse that as that is in the terms and conditions (which is bs as the terms dont show 20 day hold time).
I got an account ready message and thought the funds get approved right away after depositing. garbage service.

Any way do not setup a payee and bill payment until you see the AVAILABLE portion show as XX.XX as opposed to a ZERO.
Looking at the image below you'd think this account had 90$ but it doesnt as the funds are on hold (which it doesnt show anywhere online or in the app)
Thanks. Just etransfered $10 in there (took about 2 minutes from simply) as my deposit of $1000 2 weeks ago still hasn’t cleared. This will cover my 6 months of pap of $1 to my credit card
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
I have and I assume most of us have opened the PAYG account, if you use the Transfer from Meridian banking site option to Pull funds from Tangerine, does it cost .75 a transaction? If yes, than it's better to push from Tangerine once linked
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: I have and I assume most of us have opened the PAYG account, if you use the Transfer from Meridian banking site option to Pull funds from Tangerine, does it cost .75 a transaction? If yes, than it's better to push from Tangerine once linked
Did not get charged a fee to pull from another bank here, although I guess it's possible they tally them up and charge at the end of the month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)