• Jun 27th, 2019 6:19 am
Jan 18, 2016
508 posts
516 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
SimonL150 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 7:03 pm
Don't forget about the referrals card. Both parties get an extra $50
Referral process does not seem to be straight forward, looks like very much personalized. No link or article on it.
Oct 11, 2018
65 posts
30 upvotes
ffonly wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 11:19 am
Thanks. Just etransfered $10 in there (took about 2 minutes from simply) as my deposit of $1000 2 weeks ago still hasn’t cleared. This will cover my 6 months of pap of $1 to my credit card
Hey! I was wondering how you set this up - I tried via PayTM, but that requires a $20 minimum payment.
Dec 31, 2011
37 posts
7 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Well I goofed. I set up a PAD from telus on the 23rd, but only did it because when I requested the PAD from telus on their website, it said the change would take place next month on the next bill cycle.

My initial deposit of 1100 is on hold and will release on Friday. Telus went in and took (or tried to take?) their money on the 25th of this month so the warning about next bill cycle didn't apply it seems.

The problem was that my funds are still on hold. Now it shows available funds -$75.

It doesn't look like they have returned it NSF yet. I'm wondering if they allowed it to go through. Or maybe it will return as a 'funds not clear'.

I know with big banks they usually minus than credit the funds the next day with an NSF fee. However I wonder if meridian staff manually sees all nsfs and decides case by case
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3878 posts
604 upvotes
adilh53 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 10:46 pm
Opened my account today. I didnt upload my bank statement to link my meridian account with another account. The system prompted me to upload the statement or a cheque and the wording made it sound like it was required to authenticate my account... so are we not required to upload a statment/cheque?
I didn't do it either, I waited until Meridian completed the account setup (get my $1 share to show up) and then went to link my other bank account for transfers. It then offered an online method to authenticate where you entered the login info for another bank account and used that to authenticate, which took a few minutes. It didn't work for some reason with Tangerine but had no problems with BMO.
Jan 8, 2017
92 posts
10 upvotes
Opened my account few days back and transferred $500 to meridian then paid my cell phone bill from Paytm pulled from meridian account Am I eligible for this deal or missing something ? Btw do I get any fees if I keep less money in account or any transaction fees ? Thanks for the help
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
10012 posts
5764 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
aprilgermany wrote:
Jun 27th, 2019 5:42 am
Opened my account few days back and transferred $500 to meridian then paid my cell phone bill from Paytm pulled from meridian account Am I eligible for this deal or missing something ? Btw do I get any fees if I keep less money in account or any transaction fees ? Thanks for the help
Just repeat what you did in PayTM every month for six months.

My understanding is that with minimum balance $1k you'll get fee waiver on withdrawals.

@TorontoEh looks like the same questions keep coming up. Wanna include a good FAQ in thread summary?
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

Koenza, lenakins, bubak