Expired Hot Deals

[Meridian] Meridian $300 chequing account offer

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 3:28 pm
Jan 1, 2017
85 posts
39 upvotes
My SmartDeposit is not working for some reason in this month. I've set it to deposit 1$ biweekly.
But it has not gone through this month yet.
Any of you guys is experincing the same issue? I've just contacted Paytm and wating for the answer.
Can I make a another PAD(PAP) for aother payment for backup or it only has to be the same PAD I set up back in June?
Koodo $34 / 10GB (unlimited talk)
Freedom Mobile 39 / 11GB (1GB Nationwide and US roaming)
Cogeco $60 / 120 up, 10 down, unlimited (Niagara Region's Internet speed sucks.)
Jun 20, 2019
43 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sushislut604 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2019 9:42 pm
Since they are not covered by CDIC, is our money protected? I don't live in Ontario so not sure how they work.
Yes, money is protected under DICO. https://www.meridiancu.ca/Personal/Investing/DICO.aspx

More info on DICO here: https://www.dico.com/design/3_11_Eng.ht ... ICO-insure

How much are my deposits protected for?
Non-registered demand deposits (savings accounts, term deposits, GICs,chequing accounts, certified cheques, money orders, drafts and funds in transit) in the name of an individual depositor are covered up to a combined maximum of $250,000 at each Ontario credit union. DICO also provides separate deposit insurance protection for deposits held jointly with other members and for deposits held in trust. All deposits held in registered accounts are fully insured (i.e. LIF, LIRA, LRIF, RRSPs, RDSP, RESP, RRIFs, TFSA).

Do I have separate coverage if I have deposits at more than one credit union?
Yes. Your deposits held at different credit unions are separately insured.

If I have deposits in separate branches of the same credit union, is each deposit insured separately?
No. Deposit insurance protection applies to the combined total of your deposits in any one credit union.

In the unlikely event that my credit union goes out of business, are my deposits still protected?
If your credit union or caisse populaire goes out of business, your deposits and accrued interest will be repaid by DICO in accordance with the prescribed maximum limits.

If I open two deposit accounts, one in the name of John H. Jones and the other J. Jones, is each account insured separately to a maximum of $250,000 each?
No. A variation of your own name on the ownership of an account is not considered a separate legal person and therefore would not be covered separately. Aggregate deposits in the name of an individual depositor of a credit union/caisse populaire is insured up to a maximum of $250,000.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2800 posts
679 upvotes
Does anyone know if the direct deposit need to be the same one for the 6 months? I currently set my payroll as my direct deposit. I want to switch it to my CCB payment, and use my payroll deposit for simiplii promotion. Will it be an issue?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1382 posts
413 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
braveblade wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 2:48 am
Does anyone know if the direct deposit need to be the same one for the 6 months? I currently set my payroll as my direct deposit. I want to switch it to my CCB payment, and use my payroll deposit for simiplii promotion. Will it be an issue?
The only way to know would be to call them and ask. They way I read it, it needs to be the same one. But it really depends on how they are going to evaluate the criteria as being met.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6798 posts
643 upvotes
TO
Aww man what a fail on my part,paytm setup didn't go well and forgot to check amount activity and now it's Sept Persevering Face.

Not sure if my direct deposit or withdrawal in Sept will qualify anymore (facepalm).
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6798 posts
643 upvotes
TO
@titaniumtux et al:
I have these initial Pre-auth debits and pre-auth w/d from my accounts for micro deposits and and w/d's Do you think this will qualify for the initial offer requirements? I have now setup paytm debits to pay my MBNA visa and also did DD from my work but not sure if it's late

if the above link doesn't work
Your text to link here...
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11177 posts
7734 upvotes
South Pole
TorontoEh wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 6:56 pm
@titaniumtux et al:
I have these initial Pre-auth debits and pre-auth w/d from my accounts for micro deposits and and w/d's Do you think this will qualify for the initial offer requirements? I have now setup paytm debits to pay my MBNA visa and also did DD from my work but not sure if it's late

if the above link doesn't work
Your text to link here...
Beats me. Don't think the MD's will contribute to anything though TBH.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1740 posts
376 upvotes
Has anyone received their 300$ yet? Just trying to see if they’ve started paying out those who opened an account and fulfilled the requirements.
Aug 2, 2015
190 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think it needs to be the same PAP. As long as you have 6 consecutive PAPs, you qualify for $300 bonus. Any thoughts?

4) Switch one (1) Qualifying Direct Deposit for at least 6 consecutive months, and/or set up one (1) eligible
recurring pre-authorized payments for at least 6 consecutive months, and comply with the conditions set out
below.
This Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 3019 (the “Offer Expiry Time”) and the first Qualifying Direct
Deposit must be received before 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2019. The first withdrawal taken from the chequing
account for a pre-authorized payment must be successfully cleared through the account on or before 11:59
P.M. on August 31, 2019.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1421 posts
841 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote:
Sep 28th, 2019 6:45 pm
How can we cancel this account remotely?
Did you get the $300?
Oct 25, 2014
168 posts
76 upvotes
Boswell, BC
bigjee wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:25 pm
Has anyone received their 300$ yet? Just trying to see if they’ve started paying out those who opened an account and fulfilled the requirements.
I made my first PAP in July, so the T&C say I will get my bonus on January 15. If you made your first PAP or DD one month earlier or later (June or August), than you should get the bonus December 15 or February 15.