Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
deadice wrote:
going to wait until near the deadline to deposit the $1000
You still have to have the money in there for 90 days from deposit time.

[correction] only awarded money ($100) has to be kept for 90 days therefore it is better to deposit the 1000 close to deadline
If participating online, eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings
Account online application, available from the promotional landing page and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00
to receive the $100.00 incentive from Meridian. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must
be opened and have a minimum balance of $1,000.00 on April 25th, 2017. The awarded funds will be deposited by May 10th,
2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility
Last edited by peli33 on Mar 27th, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
peli33 wrote: How do you apply for the Money Mover on Tangerine's website? Googling doesn't yield anything.
For the "Move Money", you need to have Meridian CU linked in Tangerine, how did you do this?
Tangerine's side is called "move my money", add an external account to use it (ie. any other financial institution). It's in the left hand side menu. "Money Mover" is a Meridian CU thing, basically as far as I can tell it performs a EFT (Canada's version of the ACH). It's under Transfers > Money Mover Transfer Service. There are instructions there on how to apply.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
peli33 wrote: How do you apply for the Money Mover on Tangerine's website? Googling doesn't yield anything.
For the "Move Money", you need to have Meridian CU linked in Tangerine, how did you do this?
Tangerine's side is called "move my money", add an external account to use it (ie. any other financial institution). It's in the left hand side menu. "Money Mover" is a Meridian CU thing, basically as far as I can tell it performs a EFT (Canada's version of the ACH). It's under Transfers > Money Mover Transfer Service. There are instructions there on how to apply.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Tangerine's side is called "move my money", add an external account to use it (ie. any other financial institution). It's in the left hand side menu. "Money Mover" is a Meridian CU thing, basically as far as I can tell it performs a EFT (Canada's version of the ACH). It's under Transfers > Money Mover Transfer Service. There are instructions there on how to apply.
I know about move my money but since it is a Meridian saving account, how do you link it from Tangerine as there is no transit etc numbers, only your bank account number?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
peli33 wrote: I know about move my money but since it is a Meridian saving account, how do you link it from Tangerine as there is no transit etc numbers, only your bank account number?
Actually not sure if you can. Sorry I thought you were asking about Meridian to Tangerine. I plan on trying this when I deposit my $1k closer to the payout date though, so if I remember I'll leave an update. Maybe check here too: http://canada-banks-info.com/routing-nu ... g-numbers/.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if you can create an account with a smaller deposit and then deposit the 1k closer to the date or do you have to deposit 1k when you open it for this offer?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote: Does anyone know if you can create an account with a smaller deposit and then deposit the 1k closer to the date or do you have to deposit 1k when you open it for this offer?
If participating online, eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings
Account online application, available from the promotional landing page and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00
to receive the $100.00 incentive from Meridian. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must
be opened and have a minimum balance of $1,000.00 on April 25th, 2017. The awarded funds will be deposited by May 10th,
2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
ampersand38 wrote: Opened Jan30, got bonus Mar 15.
What was your pay out date officially listed as?

Also: general FYI terms and conditions say nothing about keeping the original $1k in account after bonus is paid out. You can withdraw right away as soon as you get it, just can't withdraw the bonus out for 90 days, and can't close your account within 90 days otherwise charges apply.
Aug 23, 2007
200 posts
110 upvotes
London
sports1 wrote: What was your pay out date officially listed as?

Also: general FYI terms and conditions say nothing about keeping the original $1k in account after bonus is paid out. You can withdraw right away as soon as you get it, just can't withdraw the bonus out for 90 days, and can't close your account within 90 days otherwise charges apply.
http://i.imgur.com/hz18FRo.png
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
Ah okay, so your offer was https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... fferTC.pdf.

Open account by Feb 23rd, bonus deposit by March 15th. Right on schedule.

Thanks, this gives me some confidence that I won't need to keep $1k with Meridian for too long (EQ offers a better rate, and I already have an account with them).
Nov 6, 2013
709 posts
494 upvotes
Now I can remove the $1000 and keep the $100 for 90 days after March 15th?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
primetimey wrote: Now I can remove the $1000 and keep the $100 for 90 days after March 15th?
T&C states nothing about keeping $1k after you get the $100 bonus, and I haven't seen anyone here comment otherwise either.
Nov 6, 2013
709 posts
494 upvotes
sports1 wrote: T&C states nothing about keeping $1k after you get the $100 bonus, and I haven't seen anyone here comment otherwise either.
It allowed me to transfer it out, just waiting for it to show up in my Tangerine account.
Dec 17, 2009
783 posts
963 upvotes
Is this still going on ? The link shows the promo still
Mar 15, 2017
106 posts
40 upvotes
deadice wrote: just opened an account but it says "Online Advantage Savings" is this the same as the "GOOD TO GROW HIGH INTEREST SAVINGS ACCOUNT"?

going to wait until near the deadline to deposit the $1000
wondering the same thing however it does say 1.5% on the right side panel under "Featured Rates"

EDIT: nevermind got an email confirmation that i applied for the HISA and promo offer
HISA.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
So has anyone found a way to link from tangerine or EQ bank to meridian?
Dec 17, 2009
783 posts
963 upvotes
I linked my tangerine to meridian

Just upload a statement from your chequing account

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)