Expired Hot Deals

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 6:55 pm
[OP]
Oct 20, 2009
159 posts
60 upvotes

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 8, 2018
UPDATE: THE NEW DEADLINE IS March 8, 2018

Receive $100 when open a Meridian Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $1000. Plus, enjoy 1.50% interest on every dollar, every day.

Only need to keep the account for 90 days. Quick easy money to get.

T&C:
https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... _final.pdf

This offer is available to new Members of Meridian Credit Union until March 8th, 2018. Eligible new Members can receive $100.00
when they open a new Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account online and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00. The
terms and conditions of this offer are as follows:
1. This offer is available to new Members of Meridian Credit Union who open an account online, reside in Canada and are the age of majority in the province in which they reside. “New Members” excludes persons who were previously Members of Meridian at any time between January 18 th, 2017 and January 18th, 2018. To be eligible to receive the offer, the eligible
recipient must have applied for and been accepted into Membership by Meridian.
2. Eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account, the Good To Grow
RRSP High Interest Savings Account or the Good To Grow TFSA High Interest Savings Account online application, available
from the promotional landing page, and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00 to receive the $100.00 incentive
from Meridian. The qualifying deposit can be made by depositing a personal cheque using our mobile app or by uploading a
copy of a recent bank statement from another Canadian financial institution along with a request for an Automated Funds
Transfer (AFT) as part of the online application process.
3. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must be opened and have a balance of at least $1,000
on March 8
th, 2018.
4. The awarded funds will be deposited by March 27th
, 2018 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the
qualifying deposit and your eligibility. The awarded funds are funds credited by Meridian to the Meridian Member’s
account or certificate in the eligible recipient’s name opened or obtained by the recipient, in the amount of $100.00.
5. The offer is awarded on the condition that the recipient agrees to keep the awarded funds on deposit with Meridian for at
least 90 days from the deposit date of the awarded funds as noted above in Section 4, and therefore these funds are not
available for withdrawal or other use by the recipient until that time.
6. Recipients must accept the offer in the form that it is awarded; no substitutes are permitted.
7. Redemption is limited to one per person.
8. No tax receipt will be provided for the amount of the awarded funds as it is not considered a contribution to a registered
account for tax purposes.
9. Meridian does not offer tax advice nor has the responsibility with respect to the Member’s tax obligations in any
jurisdiction, even if those obligations relate to opening or using accounts and services offered or provided by Meridian
Credit Union. Please consult your tax professional for tax advice.
10. Except as may be set out in these Terms and Conditions, all terms and conditions applicable to the account held with
Meridian Credit Union are not amended by these Terms and Conditions and continue to apply during and after the offer
period.
11. This is a limited time offer that cannot be combined with any other offer. The terms of this offer, including the overall
availability of this offer, are subject to the absolute discretion of Meridian Credit Union and may be changed at any time by
Meridian Credit Union without further notice to you. Meridian reserves the right to withdraw this offer any time, without
further notice.
Last edited by maskdoll on Jan 16th, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
175 replies
Nov 8, 2005
164 posts
35 upvotes
That's also a fairly decent everyday savings account rate.... I'll keep this on my radar... Thanks OP. :)
Oct 3, 2013
94 posts
35 upvotes
Surrey
I'm on the west coast and there is no Meridian Branch and what happens when i want to close my account? It sounds like i have to open a chequing account, use pay as you go to either write a cheque or transfer money out. Does anyone on the west coast have any experience opening/closing the account? For $100 on $1000 i wouldn't mind letting it sit for a year.

Thanks.
Feb 7, 2010
21 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
sdk676 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 5:50 pm
I'm on the west coast and there is no Meridian Branch and what happens when i want to close my account? It sounds like i have to open a chequing account, use pay as you go to either write a cheque or transfer money out. Does anyone on the west coast have any experience opening/closing the account? For $100 on $1000 i wouldn't mind letting it sit for a year.

Thanks.
I had to call and cancel. I've read some other RFDers were able to close their account through the online messaging system when you log in.

When I called to cancel, the CSR I spoke with said I had to speak with some financial advisor first, who would call me back later and help close my account. Perhaps to convince me to stay otherwise?
Anyways, I had forgotten about that missed call for a week, called back to CSR and this time, the person was able to close the account.
Oct 3, 2013
94 posts
35 upvotes
Surrey
Did you transfer your money out, or were they were able to mail you a bank draft?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1881 posts
88 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Tempting but never banked with these guys..… sounds like difficult to close?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
328 upvotes
Mississauga
Does this account have unlimited transactions? Because when I login I see online advantage savings instead of good to grow which has only 1 transaction free.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Dec 15, 2015
134 posts
109 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm going to open one tomorrow. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1002 posts
583 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
These people do hard credit checks I've heard so be advised if you care.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1365 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
demanche wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 6:46 pm
Tempting but never banked with these guys..… sounds like difficult to close?
Who cares, leave the account with 0$.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3504 posts
813 upvotes
Mississauga
Can I open accounts for my brother and parents as well as me? All under same address. $400 would be nice.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1881 posts
88 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Altera wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 7:49 pm
These people do hard credit checks I've heard so be advised if you care.
I checked the last thread. Online app is a soft hit, if it fails and you have to call in they do a hard hit
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2008
8251 posts
1709 upvotes
It auto links the cheque you send them. Take money out after promo, close account. I didn't even bothered activating the debit cards they send.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1952 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
is it easy to create an account with them? considering this.