Hot Deals

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 8:59 pm
[OP]
Oct 20, 2009
129 posts
48 upvotes

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 7, 2017
UPDATE: THE NEW DEADLINE IS DEC 7, 2017

Receive $100 when open a Meridian Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $1000. Plus, enjoy 1.50% interest on every dollar, every day.

Only need to keep the account for 90 days. Quick easy money to get.

T&C:
https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... fer_TC.pdf

1. This offer is available to new Members of Meridian Credit Union who reside in Canada and are the age of majority in the province in which they reside. “New Members” excludes persons who were previously Members of Meridian at any time between March 7th, 2016 and March 7th, 2017. To be eligible to receive the offer, the eligible recipient must, have applied for and been accepted into Membership by Meridian.

2. Eligible new Members can participate either online or in-branch.

3. If participating online, eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account online application, available from the promotional landing page and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00 to receive the $100.00 incentive from Meridian. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must be opened and have a minimum balance of $1,000.00 on April 25th, 2017. The awarded funds will be deposited by May 10th, 2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility.
Qualifying deposits can be made by depositing a personal cheque using our mobile app or by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement from another Canadian financial institution along with a request for an Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) as part of the online application process.

4. If participating in-branch, eligible recipients must purchase the required minimum number of Membership Shares (currently, 1 share at a total purchase price of $1.00) and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00 into a non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account at the time of opening to receive the $100.00 incentive from Meridian . The awarded funds will be deposited once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility.

5. The awarded funds are funds credited by Meridian to the Meridian Member’s account or certificate in the eligible recipient’s name opened or obtained by the recipient, in the amount of $100.00.

6. The offer is awarded on the condition that the recipient agrees to keep the awarded funds on deposit with Meridian for at least 90 days from the deposit date and therefore these funds are not available for withdrawal or other use by the recipient until that time.

7. Recipients must accept the offer in the form that it is awarded; no substitutes are permitted.

8. Redemption is limited to one per person and cannot be combined with any other offer.

9. Except as may be set out in these Terms and Conditions, all terms and conditions applicable to the account held with Meridian Credit Union are not amended by these Terms and Conditions and continue to apply during and after the offer period.

10. This is a limited time offer. The terms of this offer, including the overall availability of this offer, are subject to the absolute discretion of Meridian Credit Union and may be changed at any time by the Meridian Credit Union without further notice to you. Meridian reserves the right to withdraw this offer any time, without further notice to Members.
Last edited by maskdoll on Jan 16th, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
115 replies
Nov 8, 2005
131 posts
29 upvotes
That's also a fairly decent everyday savings account rate.... I'll keep this on my radar... Thanks OP. :)
Oct 3, 2013
83 posts
35 upvotes
Surrey
I'm on the west coast and there is no Meridian Branch and what happens when i want to close my account? It sounds like i have to open a chequing account, use pay as you go to either write a cheque or transfer money out. Does anyone on the west coast have any experience opening/closing the account? For $100 on $1000 i wouldn't mind letting it sit for a year.

Thanks.
Feb 7, 2010
16 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
sdk676 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 5:50 pm
I'm on the west coast and there is no Meridian Branch and what happens when i want to close my account? It sounds like i have to open a chequing account, use pay as you go to either write a cheque or transfer money out. Does anyone on the west coast have any experience opening/closing the account? For $100 on $1000 i wouldn't mind letting it sit for a year.

Thanks.
I had to call and cancel. I've read some other RFDers were able to close their account through the online messaging system when you log in.

When I called to cancel, the CSR I spoke with said I had to speak with some financial advisor first, who would call me back later and help close my account. Perhaps to convince me to stay otherwise?
Anyways, I had forgotten about that missed call for a week, called back to CSR and this time, the person was able to close the account.
Oct 3, 2013
83 posts
35 upvotes
Surrey
Did you transfer your money out, or were they were able to mail you a bank draft?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1682 posts
33 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Tempting but never banked with these guys..… sounds like difficult to close?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2157 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga
Does this account have unlimited transactions? Because when I login I see online advantage savings instead of good to grow which has only 1 transaction free.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Dec 15, 2015
101 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm going to open one tomorrow. Thanks OP.
Jan 16, 2016
648 posts
273 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
These people do hard credit checks I've heard so be advised if you care.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1185 posts
183 upvotes
Montreal
demanche wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 6:46 pm
Tempting but never banked with these guys..… sounds like difficult to close?
Who cares, leave the account with 0$.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3316 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
Can I open accounts for my brother and parents as well as me? All under same address. $400 would be nice.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1682 posts
33 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Altera wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 7:49 pm
These people do hard credit checks I've heard so be advised if you care.
I checked the last thread. Online app is a soft hit, if it fails and you have to call in they do a hard hit
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7499 posts
1279 upvotes
It auto links the cheque you send them. Take money out after promo, close account. I didn't even bothered activating the debit cards they send.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1951 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
is it easy to create an account with them? considering this.