Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 6:55 pm
Jul 21, 2004
143 posts
31 upvotes
Nepean, ON
sneakerfan wrote: You mean that I need to open a chequing account at Meridian as well? Does the chequing account have a monthly fee?
You need a chequing account. Regarding the fee structure, you can look up the fees in their website for details. Meridian has a pay as you go plan with $0 fee. Any other plans require 1000 to waive the monthly fee (which is quite reasonable).
Also, if you are worry about deposit, they do have a mobile app that allow you to take picture for deposit.
Feb 25, 2007
321 posts
199 upvotes
Been banking with them for over a year. I maintain $1000 to waive all my transaction fees in the chequing account. Used to bank with PC and BMO but Meridian has been fantastic. Any other items that require a fee such a safety deposit box were much lower than at the big banks. Will be staying with them for the foreseeable future. Waiting for mortgage to expire so I can move that over too.

Also their customer service is quite responsive. I send a message online and usually get a response within 24 hours. Only downside is the lack of branches but I really only go once or twice a year.
Jan 7, 2013
322 posts
33 upvotes
Kitsilano
Anyone successfully open an account over the phone only? I was unsuccessful with the online application due to the safescan warning left by the ID breach at people's trust.
“Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
Feb 12, 2014
109 posts
344 upvotes
nnelly wrote: Anyone successfully open an account over the phone only? I was unsuccessful with the online application due to the safescan warning left by the ID breach at people's trust.
I would like to know as well.
Apr 7, 2013
245 posts
92 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC
kngai86 wrote: I had to call and cancel. I've read some other RFDers were able to close their account through the online messaging system when you log in.

When I called to cancel, the CSR I spoke with said I had to speak with some financial advisor first, who would call me back later and help close my account. Perhaps to convince me to stay otherwise?
Anyways, I had forgotten about that missed call for a week, called back to CSR and this time, the person was able to close the account.
For me on my first online message they told me that I had to call to close the account.

I've reply back that I knew other customer did close through online message and that I wanted them to do so.

They did close it after that without me calling.
Jan 25, 2013
11 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this message 'we are unable to complete your application at this time due to a problem with your personal information'? Any has suggestions how to get this $100?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
If i dont have 1k in the account, after i get 100 dollers, is there a fee?
Oct 20, 2009
228 posts
73 upvotes
zhguhazazhda wrote: Got this message 'we are unable to complete your application at this time due to a problem with your personal information'? Any has suggestions how to get this $100?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Got this info too. Guess due to People's Trust ID breach issue.
Jan 7, 2013
322 posts
33 upvotes
Kitsilano
maskdoll wrote: Got this info too. Guess due to People's Trust ID breach issue.
Yup. I was told by an advisor if we cannot complete application online they can only suggest in branch so anyone not close to a branch is out of luck.
“Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
Oct 20, 2009
228 posts
73 upvotes
Just called Meridian. Also suggested doing application at branches.
Jun 25, 2012
125 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Can we transfer the $1000 via interac e-transfer? It's not listed on OPs original list of funding methods :S
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
raptors88 wrote: Can we transfer the $1000 via interac e-transfer? It's not listed on OPs original list of funding methods :S
I did it that way, lets hope it will work..
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Was it always deposit $1000 and get $100? I thought it was deposit $100 and get $100 so that's what I did... no wonder I haven't received my money yet lol but to be fair, they also don't answer emails and could have easily told me but instead I have three unanswered emails.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
djdestroyer wrote: Was it always deposit $1000 and get $100? I thought it was deposit $100 and get $100 so that's what I did... no wonder I haven't received my money yet lol but to be fair, they also don't answer emails and could have easily told me but instead I have three unanswered emails.
Yea I think so.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
Just talked to cs. E-transfer is fine for $100 bonus.

And yes it is free unlimited transactions account.
Nov 10, 2007
481 posts
111 upvotes
toronto
Does it cost money to cancel your account after 3 months?
Also do u have to go in physically to open an account?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
maskdoll wrote: Receive $100 when open a Meridian Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $1000. Plus, enjoy 1.50% interest on every dollar, every day.

Only need to keep the account for 90 days. Quick easy money to get.

T&C:
https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... fferTC.pdf

1. This offer is available to new Members of Meridian Credit Union who open an account online, reside in Canada and are the
age of majority in the province in which they reside. “New Members” excludes persons who were previously Members of
Meridian at any time between January 13th, 2016 and January 13th, 2017
. To be eligible to receive the offer, the eligible
recipient must, have applied for and been accepted into Membership by Meridian.

2. Eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account, the Good To Grow
RRSP High Interest Savings Account or the Good To Grow TFSA High Interest Savings Account online application, available
from the promotional landing page, and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00 to receive the $100.00 incentive
from Meridian. The qualifying deposit can be made by depositing a personal cheque using our mobile app or by uploading a
copy of a recent bank statement from another Canadian financial institution along with a request for an Automated Funds
Transfer (AFT) as part of the online application process.

3. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must be opened and have a balance of at least $1000
by February 23th, 2017.

4. The awarded funds will be deposited by March 15, 2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the
qualifying deposit and your eligibility. The awarded funds are funds credited by Meridian to the Meridian Member’s
account or certificate in the eligible recipient’s name opened or obtained by the recipient, in the amount of $100.00.

5. The offer is awarded on the condition that the recipient agrees to keep the awarded funds on deposit with Meridian for at
least 90 days from the deposit date of the awarded funds as noted above in Section 4, and therefore these funds are not
available for withdrawal or other use by the recipient until that time.

6. Recipients must accept the offer in the form that it is awarded; no substitutes are permitted.

7. Redemption is limited to one per person

8. No tax receipt will be provided for the amount of the awarded funds as it is not considered a contribution to a registered
account for tax purposes.

9. Meridian does not offer tax advice nor has the responsibility with respect to the Member’s tax obligations in any
jurisdiction, even if those obligations relate to opening or using accounts and services offered or provided by Meridian
Credit Union. Please consult your tax professional for tax advice.

10. Except as may be set out in these Terms and Conditions, all terms and conditions applicable to the account held with
Meridian Credit Union are not amended by these Terms and Conditions and continue to apply during and after the offer
period.

11. This is a limited time offer. The terms of this offer, including the overall availability of this offer, are subject to the absolute
discretion of Meridian Credit Union and may be changed at any time by the Meridian Credit Union without further notice to
you. Meridian reserves the right to withdraw this offer any time, without further notice to Members.
Went to the branch, did almost everything, and then found out you can only get the 100 if you open it online... anyway, 1.5% is not too bad... just no $100
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
djdestroyer wrote: Was it always deposit $1000 and get $100? I thought it was deposit $100 and get $100 so that's what I did... no wonder I haven't received my money yet lol but to be fair, they also don't answer emails and could have easily told me but instead I have three unanswered emails.
In the past when I did it summer 2016, I only deposited $100 and got $100
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
supremekai wrote: In the past when I did it summer 2016, I only deposited $100 and got $100
Yes, this is when I did it. Thanks for the response. Does anyone know what's the best way to contact them? They don't reply to emails.
Jan 18, 2016
742 posts
831 upvotes
Waterloo
So as per the T&C the rewarded fund that is $100 will be awarded by April 15 and is not available for 90 days after deposit date that will be around July 15 when I can close the account and take back my $1100+ in total ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)