Hot Deals

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 8:59 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
2777 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Was waiting for this promo to come back!
jspectechnology
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1207 posts
4 upvotes
Do they do a credit check? I did not see that anywhere, but just checking. I would not want to waste a credit check on this.
Is it possible to transfer the money from TD to them immediately after opening the account? I can also deposit in the branch.
May 26, 2011
163 posts
83 upvotes
Raven_007 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 2:34 pm
Do they do a credit check? I did not see that anywhere, but just checking. I would not want to waste a credit check on this.
Is it possible to transfer the money from TD to them immediately after opening the account? I can also deposit in the branch.
The easiest is to read T&C during application process, but I had to enter my SIN, so I imagine they do a credit check.

You can start using Meridan app right after application, then take a photo of your TD cheque payable to yourself.
Freedom Mobile, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Carrot, EQ and Tangerine customer.
Nov 2, 2012
160 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
EQ Bank is giving 2%, except for th $100 for your time, why bother opening an account.

Anyone have a better way to profit from this?
[OP]
Oct 20, 2009
131 posts
48 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 2:54 am
Is this offer still on going? I see https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... fer_TC.pdf, seems to be valid until April 25th, 2017 for those who haven't opened an account between ~March 2016 and ~March 2017. I'm getting an error though when I apply online, it says there's an issue with the Product ID?
Thanks for the info. Just updated it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5544 posts
1369 upvotes
Contest at the GTA Homeshow at the CNE at the Meridian booth (one of those contests where everybody wins something) - one of the "prizes" is Open a Meridian Savings Account with minimum $100 balance for a minimum period of 60 days, get $100 added to your balance. IMHO this one's a "no brainer".
Mar 7, 2011
171 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
But how to access this? Better than the option of putting down $1000 for 60 days...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1465 posts
395 upvotes
Victoria
Slow clap for Meridian...they've applied a $100 hold but no $100 deposit yet. Assuming that will come tomorrow....
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
Managed to open an account, just waiting until closer to the April 25th deadline before I deposit $1k.

Also, what are my options for moving money back out if I am only interested in putting in $1k for the $100 bonus? It seems to be:
-Interac E-transfer ($1.25/transaction)
-Using "Money Mover" where I need to complete a form and return it to branch with a void cheque? (free)
-Open a chequeing account, which all charge fees (pay as you go is the cheapest, $0.75/transaction since I will have $0 balance after transferring out the $1.1k)

There isn't an 'email money' option akin to Tangerine? I'm thinking I'll have to take option 2 and travel to a branch...
Dec 5, 2014
23 posts
11 upvotes
ON
sports1 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 12:18 am
Managed to open an account, just waiting until closer to the April 25th deadline before I deposit $1k.

Also, what are my options for moving money back out if I am only interested in putting in $1k for the $100 bonus? It seems to be:
-Interac E-transfer ($1.25/transaction)
-Using "Money Mover" where I need to complete a form and return it to branch with a void cheque? (free)
-Open a chequeing account, which all charge fees (pay as you go is the cheapest, $0.75/transaction since I will have $0 balance after transferring out the $1.1k)

There isn't an 'email money' option akin to Tangerine? I'm thinking I'll have to take option 2 and travel to a branch...
Would it be possible to link the account in your Tangerine 'move my money' option and just pull the 1k out into your Tangerine account?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4690 posts
1115 upvotes
North York
Hmm, my concern is Meridian doesn't seem to be insured under CDIC, unless it's listed as part of Desjardins.
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
12345654321 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:14 am
Would it be possible to link the account in your Tangerine 'move my money' option and just pull the 1k out into your Tangerine account?
You know that's a good question. I'd be interested to try 90 days from now... Has anyone tried this before and had success with it? I would be curious to know if this will bypass the need to be approved for "Money Mover" with Meridian....
WhatADeal! wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 3:11 am
Hmm, my concern is Meridian doesn't seem to be insured under CDIC, unless it's listed as part of Desjardins.
Insured under DICO, which seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong here...) the CU equivalent of CDIC?