Hot Deals

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 8:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2188 posts
221 upvotes
North York
Thanks Op - gave you a thumbs up. Double of what I am getting from my financial institution!
Jan 29, 2017
497 posts
479 upvotes
Is there a way to link & fund this account from Tangerine?
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 7:06 pm
Is there a way to link & fund this account from Tangerine?
I applied for the Money Mover request (kind of like Tangerine's "email money" feature except, you need to apply for it - it's based on credit history I think and several factors, they claim 'anti-laundering' policies) and it got approved (with Tangerine). Never got a notification, but I logged in today and there it was online. The lady at a branch said it takes probably like 2-3 business days and you'll know whether or not you get approved.

Worst case scenario, use Interac E-Transfer. Or, try to initiate a "Move Money" request from Tangerine's side to circumvent the fees. You can always reapply for it if you get declined once you build some history (read: 90 days) with Meridian.
Jan 29, 2017
497 posts
479 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 7:54 pm
I applied for the Money Mover request (kind of like Tangerine's "email money" feature except, you need to apply for it - it's based on credit history I think and several factors, they claim 'anti-laundering' policies) and it got approved (with Tangerine). Never got a notification, but I logged in today and there it was online. The lady at a branch said it takes probably like 2-3 business days and you'll know whether or not you get approved.

Worst case scenario, use Interac E-Transfer. Or, try to initiate a "Move Money" request from Tangerine's side to circumvent the fees. You can always reapply for it if you get declined once you build some history (read: 90 days) with Meridian.
How do you apply for the Money Mover on Tangerine's website? Googling doesn't yield anything.
For the "Move Money", you need to have Meridian CU linked in Tangerine, how did you do this?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3533 posts
946 upvotes
Ontario
just opened an account but it says "Online Advantage Savings" is this the same as the "GOOD TO GROW HIGH INTEREST SAVINGS ACCOUNT"?

going to wait until near the deadline to deposit the $1000
Jan 29, 2017
497 posts
479 upvotes
deadice wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 8:43 pm

going to wait until near the deadline to deposit the $1000
You still have to have the money in there for 90 days from deposit time.

[correction] only awarded money ($100) has to be kept for 90 days therefore it is better to deposit the 1000 close to deadline
If participating online, eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings
Account online application, available from the promotional landing page and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00
to receive the $100.00 incentive from Meridian. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must
be opened and have a minimum balance of $1,000.00 on April 25th, 2017. The awarded funds will be deposited by May 10th,
2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility
Last edited by peli33 on Mar 27th, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 8:23 pm
How do you apply for the Money Mover on Tangerine's website? Googling doesn't yield anything.
For the "Move Money", you need to have Meridian CU linked in Tangerine, how did you do this?
Tangerine's side is called "move my money", add an external account to use it (ie. any other financial institution). It's in the left hand side menu. "Money Mover" is a Meridian CU thing, basically as far as I can tell it performs a EFT (Canada's version of the ACH). It's under Transfers > Money Mover Transfer Service. There are instructions there on how to apply.
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 8:23 pm
Tangerine's side is called "move my money", add an external account to use it (ie. any other financial institution). It's in the left hand side menu. "Money Mover" is a Meridian CU thing, basically as far as I can tell it performs a EFT (Canada's version of the ACH). It's under Transfers > Money Mover Transfer Service. There are instructions there on how to apply.
Jan 29, 2017
497 posts
479 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 9:52 pm
I know about move my money but since it is a Meridian saving account, how do you link it from Tangerine as there is no transit etc numbers, only your bank account number?
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 9:54 pm
I know about move my money but since it is a Meridian saving account, how do you link it from Tangerine as there is no transit etc numbers, only your bank account number?
Actually not sure if you can. Sorry I thought you were asking about Meridian to Tangerine. I plan on trying this when I deposit my $1k closer to the payout date though, so if I remember I'll leave an update. Maybe check here too: http://canada-banks-info.com/routing-nu ... g-numbers/.
Dec 25, 2013
365 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if you can create an account with a smaller deposit and then deposit the 1k closer to the date or do you have to deposit 1k when you open it for this offer?
Jan 29, 2017
497 posts
479 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 12:31 am
Does anyone know if you can create an account with a smaller deposit and then deposit the 1k closer to the date or do you have to deposit 1k when you open it for this offer?
If participating online, eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings
Account online application, available from the promotional landing page and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00
to receive the $100.00 incentive from Meridian. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must
be opened and have a minimum balance of $1,000.00 on April 25th, 2017. The awarded funds will be deposited by May 10th,
2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
80 upvotes
ampersand38 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 8:56 am
Opened Jan30, got bonus Mar 15.
What was your pay out date officially listed as?

Also: general FYI terms and conditions say nothing about keeping the original $1k in account after bonus is paid out. You can withdraw right away as soon as you get it, just can't withdraw the bonus out for 90 days, and can't close your account within 90 days otherwise charges apply.
Aug 23, 2007
110 posts
43 upvotes
London
sports1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 7:22 pm
What was your pay out date officially listed as?

Also: general FYI terms and conditions say nothing about keeping the original $1k in account after bonus is paid out. You can withdraw right away as soon as you get it, just can't withdraw the bonus out for 90 days, and can't close your account within 90 days otherwise charges apply.
http://i.imgur.com/hz18FRo.png

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

maskdoll