Hot Deals

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 8:59 pm
Feb 14, 2015
53 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
WAHASH4deals wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 2:50 pm
May be a silly question, thanks in advance for addressing.

In order to send money from tangerine to meridian and vice versa, do i need to sign up for both "Money mover" (from meridian website) and "move my money" (from tangerine website) or can i just link accounts from tangerine website?
If i understand correctly if i link my meridian to tangerine from tangerine website alone then I cannot transfer money from Meridian to Tangerine (am i correct?! sorry if dumb question)
Link your Tangerine to Meridian. If you want to deposit money from Tangerine to Meridian, then, just do a straight transfer on your Tangerine's "Move My Money".
If you are planning to withdraw money from Meridian, then on the "From" dropdown, select "Meridian Credit Union Limited" and transfer this money "To" (dropdown) your Tangerine account you want to transfer the money to.

If you close your Meridian account after the promo, Meridian will automatically transfer the money to the account you linked Meridian with.
Feb 14, 2015
53 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 5:41 pm
Hey Guys,

Is anyone considering investing in the 4.25% dividend shares @ Meridian?
Min. $5000 - Max. $2Million Redeemable after 5 years in branch only (and 10% of investment yearly).
Dividend only guaranteed if profitable.

Link: https://www.meridiancu.ca/personal-bank ... aspx#about
The terms are clearly explained in the FAQ's.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 2.40.11 PM.png
I just signed to visit a branch. Have you tried it yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4780 posts
1336 upvotes
ON
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 5:41 pm
Hey Guys,

Is anyone considering investing in the 4.25% dividend shares @ Meridian?
Min. $5000 - Max. $2Million Redeemable after 5 years in branch only (and 10% of investment yearly).
Dividend only guaranteed if profitable.

Link: https://www.meridiancu.ca/personal-bank ... aspx#about
The terms are clearly explained in the FAQ's.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 2.40.11 PM.png
Is it shaped like a pyramid ?? Seems pretty good.
Apr 5, 2016
214 posts
176 upvotes
BC
MariposaM wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 8:08 am
I just signed to visit a branch. Have you tried it yet.
Unfortunately I live on the far west side of Canada - so I can't visit a branch.
Ended up not doing it, as it is literally a 15 year investment (redeemable after 5 years) and can only take out money in 10% allotments per year thereafter.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4687 posts
1113 upvotes
North York
The promotion has been extended yet again to June 7th. Not impressed opening the account at the branch though. The banker had us return at a later time because she has already been booked with many clients trying to open accounts. And her co-workers were also not available to help us until later. When we returned at the agreed time, she was still unavailable for another half an hour due to a client unexpectedly opening a "more complicated" account. When it is our turn, she wasn't even familiar with the $100 promotion and insisted that the promotion is only available when applying online. I had to point her to the terms and conditions page :(
Mar 4, 2009
87 posts
374 upvotes
Well this deal has become the energizer bunny as it has been extended yet again to December 7, 2017. The min. deposit is $1000.
Think I will go for it as I was considering an uLOC from them & hey who doesn't like an extra $100.
Nov 18, 2008
79 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how long it takes for debit card to arrive?
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
79 upvotes
https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... -Oct27.pdf
1. This offer is available to new Members of Meridian Credit Union who open an account online, reside in Canada and are the
age of majority in the province in which they reside. “New Members” excludes persons who were previously Members of
Meridian at any time between October 26th, 2016 and October 26th, 2017. To be eligible to receive the offer, the eligible
recipient must have applied for and been accepted into Membership by Meridian.
2. Eligible recipients must fully complete the non-registered Good To Grow High Interest Savings Account, the Good To Grow
RRSP High Interest Savings Account or the Good To Grow TFSA High Interest Savings Account online application, available
from the promotional landing page, and make a qualifying deposit of at least $1,000.00 to receive the $100.00 incentive
from Meridian. The qualifying deposit can be made by depositing a personal cheque using our mobile app or by uploading a
copy of a recent bank statement from another Canadian financial institution along with a request for an Automated Funds
Transfer (AFT) as part of the online application process.
3. In order to receive the incentive offer, the eligible Meridian account must be opened and have a balance of at least $1,000
on December 7th, 2017.
4. The awarded funds will be deposited by December 21st, 2017 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the
qualifying deposit and your eligibility. The awarded funds are funds credited by Meridian to the Meridian Member’s
account or certificate in the eligible recipient’s name opened or obtained by the recipient, in the amount of $100.00.
5. The offer is awarded on the condition that the recipient agrees to keep the awarded funds on deposit with Meridian for at
least 90 days from the deposit date of the awarded funds as noted above in Section 4, and therefore these funds are not
available for withdrawal or other use by the recipient until that time.
Was fairly hassle free when I did this earlier this year... just note that if you want to link an external account (from Meridian), you need to apply for "Money Mover". For me, I had to visit a branch to complete the application - I believe there is an option to mail as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4780 posts
1336 upvotes
ON
jkhan wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:19 pm
Anyone know how long it takes for debit card to arrive?
A week I think. Never activated or used mine. Everything was done online via e-transfer. Got the 100 bucks just as promised.
Jul 15, 2016
40 posts
12 upvotes
Has anyone had luck doing this in branch even though the Terms say online only? Is it at the branch's discretion?

EDIT: Called in, and found out that they could help me do the application on an iPad, but didnt seem like they could actually open it ( probably because its an online only account)
nevertheless, opened an account online successfully.