Expired Hot Deals

Meridian CU: Get $100 By Opening a Good To Grow HISA (EXTENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1406 posts
1486 upvotes
So as per T&C you can take your deposit out, but the 100$ awarded funds should stay there for at least 90 days before pulling it out.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Jul 11, 2008
784 posts
240 upvotes
Offer is still advertised on the Meridian website. Is it still being offered?
Sep 8, 2011
124 posts
69 upvotes
Quebec
no not offered anymore even though its still on meridian website. i open an account on dec. 13th called them to argue that it was still advertized, but it did not work..was told its dec. 7th the end of the promo as per the fine print
Apr 23, 2017
191 posts
104 upvotes
Claudios wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 10:30 am
no not offered anymore even though its still on meridian website. i open an account on dec. 13th called them to argue that it was still advertized, but it did not work..was told its dec. 7th the end of the promo as per the fine print
I had the same issue with them..why still have the weblink active when the promo ended? So stupid to expect someone would read the fine print
Sep 15, 2014
104 posts
47 upvotes
Claudios wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 10:30 am
I'm confused. In the terms and conditions it says the offer is available until January 18, 2018.

Link: https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... _final.pdf
Sep 8, 2011
124 posts
69 upvotes
Quebec
jamrock16 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 1:05 pm
I'm confused. In the terms and conditions it says the offer is available until January 18, 2018.

Link: https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... _final.pdf

This is new then and Must be a new RFD effect or Meridian extended again their promo. I swear as of dec. 13th this new date of January 18th was not in the fine print and i called them to cancel the account over the phone that i had just opened with them on their website because was told i wouldn't receive the 100$
Wow. They should just have told me to hang on for another extension. So if this is the case then OP you would need to update the post. I dont know if i will start over...i wish i was told....
Sep 3, 2012
270 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Claudios wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 2:39 pm
This is new then and Must be a new RFD effect or Meridian extended again their promo. I swear as of dec. 13th this new date of January 18th was not in the fine print and i called them to cancel the account over the phone that i had just opened with them on their website because was told i wouldn't receive the 100$
Wow. They should just have told me to hang on for another extension. So if this is the case then OP you would need to update the post. I dont know if i will start over...i wish i was told....

Was opening the account on line kind of easy? Do you mind to elaborate?

I just dont want to go thru the "Simplii" process described in other threads here.

I'm a snow bird returning to Canada in a couple of months and would like to apply for the extra $100, why not? ;)

TIA
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1447 posts
186 upvotes
ofertasgo wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 2:53 pm
Was opening the account on line kind of easy? Do you mind to elaborate?

I just dont want to go thru the "Simplii" process described in other threads here.

I'm a snow bird returning to Canada in a couple of months and would like to apply for the extra $100, why not? ;)

TIA
Not sure about meridian. But opening a simplii account was pretty painless
[OP]
Oct 20, 2009
163 posts
60 upvotes
Thanks everyone, just updated the expiration date
Dec 12, 2007
319 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
PriceHunter wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 10:10 pm
So as per T&C you can take your deposit out, but the 100$ awarded funds should stay there for at least 90 days before pulling it out.
WOW is this true ? May consider doing it with my wife
Apr 23, 2017
191 posts
104 upvotes
This is a very good promo..I did a similar one a few months back, but the req was $5000, it's just $1000 now..
Oct 26, 2016
112 posts
103 upvotes
I applied back on Dec 3 and they said I'd get the $100 latest Dec 21 but I got it on Dec 7, hassle free experience :)
Temp. Banned
Dec 16, 2016
270 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
How can we withdraw funds from this bank? what are the basic available no fee options? and how to close the account after we withdraw funds?