Meridian CU Thread
Note that referral soliciting in thread is strictly against forum rules. That said, the signup bonus can be via referral. The referral offer and the offer outside a referral can be different. The $100 WB / $1k deposit seems to trend winter and summer.
- get a referral from someone you know
- sign up for a "good to grow" esavings account (HISA thread here)
- Deposit minimum $1k in the savings account (can e-transfer, deposit cheque, add external act upon signup for a me to me pull), after (30 days??) referrer and referee get $50. Seems like this replaces the $100 welcome bonus on $1k deposit from winter and summer 2018.
- there used to be a referral program at Meridian in 2012, but was completely different (payout in a $50 prepaid MC)
- "Me to me" external account linking is relatively easy. Fill out their form, and include void cheque, PAD form, or e-statement (only FI I know of that will accept e-statement). Can send it to them physically in branch, via snail-mail or via secured message via online banking.
- Can't bill pay out of that "good to grow" savings account. Open some other HISA's that earn less interest, and get one free withdrawal per month to bill pay out of those.
- Only free chq account is a youth account.
- ATM access via debit card on The Exchange
- When pushing funds to an external account, you earn interest on the funds at Meridian until the day the funds are received on the receiving end.
- Meridian is an Ontarian CU, funds are insured by DICO, and open to all provinces (definitely QC friendly).
- Their direct deposit form won't suffice for linking Simplii-side. Message them for a PAD form with stamp to send to Simplii (although their DD form does depict a void cheque).
- They have offered promo interest on savings (HISA) to new members, but with the signup bonus being a referral, we might see more competition for musical chairs. They offer GIC promo's to new and existing members.
- The $1 member share is funded by them, unless you opt to fund it from your money. Afaik no advantage in putting your own loonie.
- Sign up online, soft pull.
- E-statements are quarterly - thank you @Jucius Maximus