Expired Hot Deals

[Meridian] Join Meridian and get $200 (PAD required, BC and ON only)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 5:50 pm
Dec 9, 2005
474 posts
61 upvotes
I also did the same thing in mid November. I sent a follow up email in mid December but still no one call.
Don't want to wait anymore, will close my account in Jan 2020.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7131 posts
388 upvotes
York
Walked into the branch and closed the account, and took the cash. 5 minutes in and out
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1407 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
jpthornhill wrote: I also did the same thing in mid November. I sent a follow up email in mid December but still no one call.
Don't want to wait anymore, will close my account in Jan 2020.
Close your account with "GetYourShare" or Meridian ?
Jul 18, 2007
153 posts
127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For those that mention about opening an savings account and can only fulfill the requirements by doing a direct deposit only? Is there another way to fulfill the requirements besides doing a direct deposit? People talked about payTM, does that work for a savings account? TIA
Dec 22, 2014
129 posts
99 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
gagigagu wrote: For those that mention about opening an savings account and can only fulfill the requirements by doing a direct deposit only? Is there another way to fulfill the requirements besides doing a direct deposit? People talked about payTM, does that work for a savings account? TIA
It think one option was to do 2 PADs (pre-authorized debits: eg. AMEX CC, RBC CC, PayTM, Tangerine). Here is the timeline from @Jimboski mentioned a few posts ago:
Nov 1st Account Created (made deposits same day)
Nov 4th Linked Tangerine
Nov 5th First PayTM
Nov 6th Second PayTM
Nov 7th Tangerine bank pull (only did one)
Nov 29th $200 Paid

Email was received on Nov 30th or Dec 1st lol
Sep 22, 2012
326 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I opened up a saving account and split my payroll to put $50 into it on next pay cycle (I can do it easily on my company hr site).
After payroll was deposited, I didn’t hear anything so I emailed hello@getyourshare.ca and someone immediately helped me to contact meridian on my behalf. Few hours later, got this email:

“Thank you for your email, I've contacted your Credit Unions 'Get Your Share' Program manager who has now updated your account to 'Program Criteria Met'. You should receive your bonus within 15 working days. If there are any further issues or questions please let me know.“

If u r not getting the signup bonus, try emailing them.
Sep 22, 2012
326 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Got the $200 two days after “Program criteria met”
Dec 22, 2014
129 posts
99 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Cuddlebudy wrote: I opened up a saving account and split my payroll to put $50 into it on next pay cycle (I can do it easily on my company hr site).
After payroll was deposited, I didn’t hear anything so I emailed hello@getyourshare.ca and someone immediately helped me to contact meridian on my behalf. Few hours later, got this email:

“Thank you for your email, I've contacted your Credit Unions 'Get Your Share' Program manager who has now updated your account to 'Program Criteria Met'. You should receive your bonus within 15 working days. If there are any further issues or questions please let me know.“

If u r not getting the signup bonus, try emailing them.
Worked for me, thanks!
Jun 25, 2013
51 posts
8 upvotes
Surrey, BC
mr2711 wrote: Phew. Looks closely at the link I provided.

Current Participating Credit Unions -> Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union -> New Member Promotion and Referring Member Promotion = NO

Also, I was an active member of Meridian when I applied for Coast Capital. I got promotion bonus from Meridian ( $100 for opening Good to Grow Savings) and Coast Capital ($500 for opening chequing account)
Hi Good sir,

I emailed Get your share and received this.
Any way to turn this around??

I show your name and email address associated with a Coast Capital Savings account and also having already received a bonus. The terms and conditions of our program state that you cannot receive more than 1 bonus with the GYS program.