• Nov 20th, 2018 3:10 pm
[OP]
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
17 posts
60 upvotes

Meridian Visa Infinite Cash Back, FYF + $100 cash + up to 4% cash back

Deal Link:
I saw this deal Monday afternoon but after i post info on RFD this deal became unavailable......
Hopefully it can keep alive for a while this time...

Meridian Visa Infinite Cash back:
--Pay no annual fee for the first year
--Receive $100 in cash via Interac e-Transfer
--Earn 4%* cash back on gas and grocery store purchases
--Earn 2%* pharmacy purchases and utility bill payments
--Earn 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases

https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals/me ... source=925
80 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1741 posts
308 upvotes
Burnaby
Can redeem rewards for account credit with a minimum of $50.
Sep 27, 2007
181 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
Do you need to open a deposit account with them? I'm hoping to wait for the next $100 welcome bonus promo for a new savings account which I missed out on during the summer.
Tangerine Member 😃
Oct 14, 2014
337 posts
205 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Darn.. I’m a meridian member and I got a pre-approval for this card last week, including a $100 visa gift card. This offer might have stacked with my pre-approval. Pre-approval still involves an application, but includes entering one’s member number.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15843 posts
2124 upvotes
Toronto
I opened this back in September. I feel like a heel knowing that I could have just waited a bit and gotten a free $100 out of it.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3122 posts
185 upvotes
So this has the exact same cash back as Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite but better insurance coverage?

Any other advantages? Like free supplementary cards? That would entice me to switch.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1049 posts
172 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Rockstead wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 6:55 am
So this has the exact same cash back as Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite but better insurance coverage?

Any other advantages? Like free supplementary cards? That would entice me to switch.
Don't forget the option to redeem the rewards once it reaches $50 instead of once a year
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3122 posts
185 upvotes
wally_walrus wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 8:31 am
Don't forget the option to redeem the rewards once it reaches $50 instead of once a year
I kind of like the forced savings of the Scotia card but it’s the supplementary cards that kill me! Better insurance is a bonus.
Apr 29, 2018
19 posts
1 upvote
Good offer! Thanks OP.
Pros: Almost cover the categories for a household daily spending except restaurants, the insurances are reasonable and decent as well.
Cons: no but design could be better especially the uncoordinated visa logo LOL.

Scotiabank just has promo on a similar card but the thing is they may require you to provide documents to review your income (Stupid!).

I am just wondering how do they credit the rewards back to us. I am holding a CIBC similar card but I really dislike its way to cash back (one-time-per-year statement credit) and its way to check my cash back (only allow me to check in monthly statement). Just saw you guys already mentioned that, we can get money when cash back reaches $50. Nice policy!
Last edited by kaspersky on Nov 7th, 2018 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 4, 2007
286 posts
48 upvotes
Kanata
lefroset wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 6:29 am
Darn.. I’m a meridian member and I got a pre-approval for this card last week, including a $100 visa gift card. This offer might have stacked with my pre-approval. Pre-approval still involves an application, but includes entering one’s member number.
Piro21 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 6:55 am
I opened this back in September. I feel like a heel knowing that I could have just waited a bit and gotten a free $100 out of it.
Damn, I signed up too soon (2 weeks ago). I got the letter in the mail yesterday that said my card will be coming in the mail in 7-10 days. I didn't receive any $100 promo. I wonder if I should call them.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1550 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
Can you sign up for both the cashback and travel card, effectively getting you $200 in bonuses ($100 per card)?
[OP]
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
17 posts
60 upvotes
i think definitely you can....just depends on whether you would like to apply 2 cards at the same time...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1550 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
"THANK YOU
Your application has been sent on to an analyst for further review. You will be contacted in the next 7-10 business days if additional information is required."

Did anyone else get an auto approval, or is this standard?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1550 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
wonderbuy wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:42 pm
i think definitely you can....just depends on whether you would like to apply 2 cards at the same time...
Well, this would be my 5th card application in 6 months... so what's another one on the record...lol