Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Meritline

$2.99 Universal Travel Power Plug Adapter with Surge Protector

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2014 10:43 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1730 posts
2632 upvotes

[Meritline] $2.99 Universal Travel Power Plug Adapter with Surge Protector

Deal Link:
Price:
$2.99
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
April 24, 2014
More offers from Meritline
50 replies
May 11, 2011
187 posts
96 upvotes
Longueuil
jerryhung wrote: Thanks, got one for no reason
That's a good reason here, got one too (same reason). :)
Aug 8, 2008
18 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
kuerx wrote: That's a good reason here, got one too (same reason). :)
ditto
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
That thing looks huge. I'll just keep my handful of separate tiny adapters instead.
Jun 18, 2010
104 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: That thing looks huge. I'll just keep my handful of separate tiny adapters instead.
Any pointers on where to get a "cheap" set of these tiny adapters?
Mar 5, 2014
20 posts
Toronto
Up to what wattage does this adapter support?

I'm planning a trip to the Philippines and want to take my Xbox 360 and games with me. Will this work?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2908 posts
3089 upvotes
Markham
This has nothing to do with voltage. It will work in there. But make sure, you Xbox will have no trouble the voltage there.
I would suggest you to take a 6 outlet powerbar because this just gives you one outlet but connect the power bar: you get 6 outlets.
You can charge your phone and camera while playing Xbox.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
$unbird wrote: Any pointers on where to get a "cheap" set of these tiny adapters?
I believe I got mine at the dollar store. Might have been a bit more expensive, total, than this one, but I never need all of my adapters at once. I only ever travel to one place at a time, so I only ever need one adapter.
Aug 11, 2009
915 posts
229 upvotes
Brampton
PetrosRedFlagDeals wrote: Up to what wattage does this adapter support?

I'm planning a trip to the Philippines and want to take my Xbox 360 and games with me. Will this work?
This is not a voltage converter or a power adapter. It is simply a plug converter. It will only let you plug your electronics into different outlets in the world.
So, don't be fooled by this device.
Mar 5, 2014
20 posts
Toronto
Raj.R wrote: This is not a voltage converter or a power adapter. It is simply a plug converter. It will only let you plug your electronics into different outlets in the world.
So, don't be fooled by this device.
Thanks Raj. I thought for some reason that this was also a voltage converter.
Aug 11, 2009
915 posts
229 upvotes
Brampton
PetrosRedFlagDeals wrote: Thanks Raj. I thought for some reason that this was also a voltage converter.
Here is a link if youwant Step up converter (110v to 220v) http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Step-Up-Voltage- ... ea8&_uhb=1
Or
If you want Step Down Converter (220v to 110v) http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Step-Down-Travel ... 8ee&_uhb=1

These are only upto PEAK 50 watts transformers Nomal continue output would be around 20 watts. So if you want to power your XBOX or PS4 device, you might want to go a different route..
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
kunamvahees wrote: This has nothing to do with voltage. It will work in there. But make sure, you Xbox will have no trouble the voltage there.
I would suggest you to take a 6 outlet powerbar because this just gives you one outlet but connect the power bar: you get 6 outlets.
You can charge your phone and camera while playing Xbox.
The Philippines is on 220V power. It would be unwise to plug in a Canadian power bar there, unless it explicitly supports up to 240V (none of the ones that I have support it). Others have already covered that this isn't a voltage converter, but just wanted to clear up this little point as well (and also, I believe the 360's power supply doesn't support 240V, either, but I would imagine you could get a 360 power supply that DOES support 240V, over there.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3538 posts
876 upvotes
Don't be nosey
What's the shipping method and time frame? I have never ordered from them before..Will it be shipped from China?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Aug 11, 2009
915 posts
229 upvotes
Brampton
wearysky wrote: The Philippines is on 220V power. It would be unwise to plug in a Canadian power bar there, unless it explicitly supports up to 240V (none of the ones that I have support it). Others have already covered that this isn't a voltage converter, but just wanted to clear up this little point as well (and also, I believe the 360's power supply doesn't support 240V, either, but I would imagine you could get a 360 power supply that DOES support 240V, over there.
I don't think 240v is used anywhere for household uses. I have been to india and they have a maximum 220v for household. Which is covered by 99% of electronics we buy today that has a power adapter included in the wires.
And even if you have an electrical socket that does supply 240v, i don't think it would burn anything. I mean, you can try and post the results! :D