Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

50 FREE Airmiles

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2018 11:28 am
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes

[Metro] 50 FREE Airmiles

Sign up and link your Airmiles with my Metro App between July 12-July 18 and get 50 FREE miles!

1. Download My Metro App
2. Link air miles card
3. load offers
4. Swipe airmiles card at checkout

Saw this at my Local Metro at Llyod Manor in Etobicoke.
Images
  • MetroOffer.jpeg
23 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
Also a bonus offer in app of 15 air miles when spend $20 or more.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5182 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can this be double dipped with another email linked to same air miles account ? Any success ?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Can this be double dipped with another email linked to same air miles account ? Any success ?
My guess is probably not but worth a shot.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2777 upvotes
Ottawa
That poster is kind of confusing - do you actually have to buy something and swipe the app to get the 50 bonus miles? Or just link your card with the app?
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
cappaj wrote: That poster is kind of confusing - do you actually have to buy something and swipe the app to get the 50 bonus miles? Or just link your card with the app?
Copied instructions from the store poster (see attached pic) for ease of reference. I would make a purchase ( of something I need) to be on the safe side.

Fine print states 50 bonus miles will be awarded in 4 to 6 weeks although hard to see in the pics.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Still waiting for my 50 Air Miles from this same promotion in May.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Signed up before when Metro had the same promo, never got my 50 am...
Apr 29, 2015
218 posts
241 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Glad to hear I am not the only one who never received the Air Miles from the last time Metro offered this.
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
BRAISKI wrote: People stil collect Airmiles?
Not the dream miles, but the cash miles are fantastic. I have $1100 worth of airmiles collected in the past year, they always have promos going for airmiles. I especially like the ones for Sobeys and/or Foodland Giftcards. $750 in gift cards reaps nearly $80 in airmiles and then I shop with gift cards at Freshco and use price match, they can be used at any Sobey own grocery store.
Jul 11, 2017
581 posts
599 upvotes
BRAISKI wrote: People stil collect Airmiles?
I've only been collecting since April 2016, so just over two years, but Air Miles can be EXTREMELY powerful. Like Shop the Block (Spent a total of $10 and got 2,000AM OR $210 at the lowest level) and Mega Miles (Spent $20 and got 650AM OR almost $70 at the lowest level). It's relatively easy to earn them I find and there are always promotions to earn even more!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: Still waiting for my 50 Air Miles from this same promotion in May.
Alekxqin wrote: Signed up before when Metro had the same promo, never got my 50 am...
insightcreative wrote: Glad to hear I am not the only one who never received the Air Miles from the last time Metro offered this.
If either of you call air miles customer service, please let us know the outcome.

Fine print says allow 4-6 weeks, but sounds like you have waited well over 4-6 weeks so its reasonable to call them and ask for the air miles.

Also note ......fine print on the offer says you must not have previously linked your air miles to your my metro app, and that this must be the first time you are linking your air miles to your my metro account during the promotional period.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2777 upvotes
Ottawa
For those wondering if this would work or if you should have your bonus miles yet - I checked my account and the 50 bonus airmiles were posted to my account on July 27.
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
can you put the air miles card in apple wallet and use it? can i scan the card with my iphone like shoppers or do i have to give my phone to the cashier and risk their man hand dropping my phone because they hate their job?

i dont have an account yet but should i open one? seems like there was an airmile company that broke away from air canada or something recently?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
expiredyogurt wrote: 1 can you put the air miles card in apple wallet and use it?
2 can i scan the card with my iphone like shoppers or do i have to give my phone to the cashier and risk their man hand dropping my phone because they hate their job?
3 i dont have an account yet but should i open one? seems like there was an airmile company that broke away from air canada or something recently?
1 You can, certainly for collecting AirMiles, but certain stores won't allow redemption unless you have the physical card on hand.
2 Depends on the store. Most have a scanner. You can also read out your Air Miles number for the cashier to manually type it in.
3 Yes and make sure to switch to collecting CASH miles if you want to redeem in stores. Aeroplan is the one you're referring to, and it's different from AirMIles.
Last edited by DragonRider on Aug 5th, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
DragonRider wrote: 1 You can, certainly for collecting AirMiles, but certain stores won't allow redemption unless you have the physical card on hand.
2 Depends on the store. Most have a scanner. You can also read out your Air Miles number for the cashier to manually type it in.
3 Yes and make sure to switch to collecting CASH miles if you want to redeem in stores. Aeroplan is the one you're referring to, as is different from AirMIles.

This is kind of the first time that someone answered all my questions in one go and didnt make a comment on my comment. kudos to you and a +1. Thanks for the answers
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
Susanclark wrote: Not the dream miles, but the cash miles are fantastic. I have $1100 worth of airmiles collected in the past year, they always have promos going for airmiles. I especially like the ones for Sobeys and/or Foodland Giftcards. $750 in gift cards reaps nearly $80 in airmiles and then I shop with gift cards at Freshco and use price match, they can be used at any Sobey own grocery store.
wat

you can use airmiles to buy gift cards?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)