Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour $8.99 EXPIRED

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2015 9:12 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON

[Metro] Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour $8.99 EXPIRED

Pretty good price on almond flour in this weeks Metro flyer - everywhere else it's around $16+ for a bag.

BOB'S RED MILL ALMOND MEAL FLOUR
$8.99 ea.
453 g

Not sure if it's all stores...check your own flyer if interested!

Stock up!
19 replies
Sep 5, 2006
656 posts
479 upvotes
Calgary
Not intended to offend people with Celiac disease:

Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
Gluten free almonds? Who would have thought. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
LOL..I didn't actually realize it was "Gluten free" until I posted the full package advert. I switched to almond flour after reading "Wheat Belly"...
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
Gluten free products are good for a small minority of people.
Seems like some people are avoiding gluten, who don't need to. It's a bit of a fad. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
davidclegg wrote: Not intended to offend people with Celiac disease:

No offence taken, enjoyed it. As a parent with a Celiac daughter I appreciate the gluten free hipsters - they ensure widespread availability of products.

For those that actually use gluten free flour alternatives, the best one we have found so far is Namaste.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Altered the post since the packaging itself makes no mention of gluten ..It's almond meal flour.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Good price. I don't use too much almond flour. My go-to for almost all flour replacements is 1:1:1 ratio of Soy Flour:White Rice Flour:Tapioca Starch, and I add 1/3 of tsp of xanthan gum for every cup of flour. For baking purposes this results in nearly identical results to AP white flour, bread is a whole other kettle of fish. (BTW, I am Celiac)

A tip to anyone new to gluten free, far and away the best flour to thicken and make roux with is millet flour - stuff is awesome.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
hoody123 wrote: Good price. I don't use too much almond flour. My go-to for almost all flour replacements is 1:1:1 ratio of Soy Flour:White Rice Flour:Tapioca Starch, and I add 1/3 of tsp of xanthan gum for every cup of flour. For baking purposes this results in nearly identical results to AP white flour, bread is a whole other kettle of fish. (BTW, I am Celiac)

A tip to anyone new to gluten free, far and away the best flour to thicken and make roux with is millet flour - stuff is awesome.
i find plantains work the best for items with a cakey textures
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
I was at Bulk Barn the other day and they were advertising gluten free almonds. It seems when they roast them they can add wheat starch and other crap.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
This almond flour is just almonds.
It is almost identical to the flour I've made using kirkland almonds that I skin and grind (in my nutribullet) so there is nothing added...Bob's is a more uniform grind where mine was a little clumpy.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote: I was at Bulk Barn the other day and they were advertising gluten free almonds. It seems when they roast them they can add wheat starch and other crap.
Unless they are in a package, Bulk Barn is not certified gluten free. Does not matter to 'hipsters', but cross contamination is a real concern to Celiacs.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
celiacs and those suffering from non-celiac gluten reactions. yes, they are real. i have a co-worker who gets very sick from gluten/ wheat and she's not celiac.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1221 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
I myself am not celiac, however due to a shortened intestine (aka short bowel syndrome) gluten seems to wreak havoc on my digestive tract. Trying (unsuccessfully) to phase out gluten from my diet, but being a notorious carb-fiend makes this difficult. A friend of mine constantly tells me to buy Bob's Red Mill products, but basic research I've done I have yet to find any sort of recipe that would give me say sandwich bread with the as similar a consistency.

The cost of gluten free products is also another concern due to a semi-tight budget (fixed income).
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
venividivici wrote: I myself am not celiac, however due to a shortened intestine (aka short bowel syndrome) gluten seems to wreak havoc on my digestive tract. Trying (unsuccessfully) to phase out gluten from my diet, but being a notorious carb-fiend makes this difficult. A friend of mine constantly tells me to buy Bob's Red Mill products, but basic research I've done I have yet to find any sort of recipe that would give me say sandwich bread with the as similar a consistency.

The cost of gluten free products is also another concern due to a semi-tight budget (fixed income).
We don't make bread, but do buy it and the best one we have found so far is by Kinnikinnick.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
venividivici wrote: I myself am not celiac, however due to a shortened intestine (aka short bowel syndrome) gluten seems to wreak havoc on my digestive tract. Trying (unsuccessfully) to phase out gluten from my diet, but being a notorious carb-fiend makes this difficult. A friend of mine constantly tells me to buy Bob's Red Mill products, but basic research I've done I have yet to find any sort of recipe that would give me say sandwich bread with the as similar a consistency.

Having probably tried 30 or so different bread recipes, I like this one the best of the bunch: http://www.artofglutenfreebaking.com/20 ... uten-free/ I'm not persuaded there's such a thing as GOOD gluten-free bread, but this is decent.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2370 posts
1035 upvotes
London
Not showing in the flyer for London. Ymmv :(
Jul 15, 2006
219 posts
25 upvotes
Gravenhurst
Our favourite gluten free bread is this one, baked in a covered cast iron pot like the Leahy Artisan Bread. It gets a beautiful crust. We sometimes add raisins and cinnamon. My celiac son loves it!

Gluten-Free Crusty Boule
http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/?p=1396

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)