Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Eat Smart Salad coupons and Metro sale = Kale salad for $.99 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2016 9:35 am
Apr 29, 2008
591 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto

[Metro] Eat Smart Salad coupons and Metro sale = Kale salad for $.99 YMMV

At the Metro at Bloor and Spadina I was buying Eat Smart kale salads, on sale for $2.99 this week, and the cashier mentioned to me that there are coupons on the Eat Smart website now for $2.00, which would bring the price down to .99 each. So I printed some off. Expiry is Dec. 31. I went to the Metro in Little Italy and tried to use them and the manager refused, saying that they got an email saying not to take them because they are US coupons. Are they really only for US? It doesn't say that on the coupon. It does say "One coupon per item purchased", which the cashier understood to mean I could only use one coupon for my whole grocery order, not 6 coupons for 6 salads, which is why the manager was called. Is that true? Tomorrow I will try the Spadina/Bloor location. Anyone have any luck using these coupons?

Edit: Link to coupon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B33qCv ... RvdDQ/view
Last edited by b3lb3l on Oct 26th, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
16 replies
Oct 23, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
Damn, thats a good deal. Let us know how it goes. thanks.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Is this smart salad an antidote to donald trump's word salad?
Last edited by Quentin5 on Oct 25th, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3073 posts
2099 upvotes
Midland
EDIT: Looks like the canadian coupon has been taken down Disappointed Face
Last edited by joe2k1 on Oct 25th, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
joe2k1 wrote: Thanks OP!! The coupon that I printed from that site has the following wording, "coupon valid in Canada only". It also has a redemption address in pickering, ontario. Metro just recently started to accept printable coupons. I recommend that you go straight to the customer service counter, that way its the managers discretion to accept or deny the coupons.
I printed and it shows a redemption address of Del Rio, TX. Do you have another direct link Joe?
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Apr 29, 2008
591 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have a copy of the canadian coupon to share with us?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2521 posts
1658 upvotes
Ottawa
b3lb3l wrote: Does anyone have a copy of the canadian coupon to share with us?
Here. Thanks OP for the killer deal.
Apr 29, 2008
591 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Bunyak wrote:
b3lb3l wrote: Does anyone have a copy of the canadian coupon to share with us?
Here. Thanks OP for the killer deal.
Excellent, thank you!
Sep 20, 2015
150 posts
39 upvotes
Brantford, ON
Did anyone try buying multiple with multiple coupons? It says 1 coupon per item purchase not one coupon per customer.
Apr 29, 2008
591 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I just got home from the Metro at Spadina/Bloor. I bought 8 salads with 8 coupons. Total was $5.53... with my student discount. Had no problems at all.
Apr 29, 2008
591 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, I think the sale ends today.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Denied at my local Metro cause the coupon does not indicate its printed from the internet. The cashiers actually had this coupon printed and marked up by the manager showing them what it should look like.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
b3lb3l wrote: At the Metro at Bloor and Spadina I was buying Eat Smart kale salads, on sale for $2.99 this week, and the cashier mentioned to me that there are coupons on the Eat Smart website now for $2.00, which would bring the price down to .99 each. So I printed some off. Expiry is Dec. 31. I went to the Metro in Little Italy and tried to use them and the manager refused, saying that they got an email saying not to take them because they are US coupons. Are they really only for US? It doesn't say that on the coupon. It does say "One coupon per item purchased", which the cashier understood to mean I could only use one coupon for my whole grocery order, not 6 coupons for 6 salads, which is why the manager was called. Is that true? Tomorrow I will try the Spadina/Bloor location. Anyone have any luck using these coupons?

Edit: Link to coupon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B33qCv ... RvdDQ/view
Coupon has a valid Canadian redemption address so it is good in Canada. Just goes to show you how clueless metro is. I hate using coupons there, they act as if your taking money out of their own paycheck.
Jan 7, 2016
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
if there is a french version of the coupon it is a Canadian coupon. It wouldn't be in French if it was a US only coupon.