None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1550 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto

metro giftcard to other giftcards?

Hey everyone, tried searching but didn't come up with anything useful... Does anyone know if you can use metro giftcards to buy other giftcards from metro? I'm sure its been asked but couldn't find anything...

I have a $200 metro giftcard coming my way and was hoping to use it to buy a $200 bestbuy/fs giftcard. Has anyone done this and have the stores given anyone any problems for doing it?

Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1775 posts
299 upvotes
superstore allows it so maybe metro too? easiest thing is to try.
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
i work at metro as a cashier, are those gift certificates you have coming to are those airmiles transferable metro store credit certificates, yes you can
If it's just a gc,yes you can
I think it will work because for store productivity they give us store gc as incentives and they say theres no limit of what u can buy except cigarettes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1550 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
ally12 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2011 8:40 pm
i work at metro as a cashier, are those gift certificates you have coming to are those airmiles transferable metro store credit certificates, yes you can
If it's just a gc,yes you can
I think it will work because for store productivity they give us store gc as incentives and they say theres no limit of what u can buy except cigarettes
Awesome, thanks guys. Yah I ordered the giftcards from air miles. But I really wanted bestbuy/fs giftcards but airmiles doesn't do it. So this helps out a lot ally. If I can use the metro cards to buy bb/fs giftcards that's exactly what I need. God bless metro lol...
Feb 24, 2011
9 posts
Toronto
Can you post confirmation of whether this works or not? I think I'd like to do it too. Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1550 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
What im gonna do is go to Metro and buy a $5 giftcard and then go to another cashier and try to buy a bestbuy giftcard. If it doesnt work at least i can use the $5 to buy something else. In any case I will post back.