Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Kicking Horse $9.99 at Metro

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2017 12:37 am
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
The 454 Horse Power is a dark, oily roast and won't work well in automatic espresso machine ... but if you have a separate grinder then you can grind it first then put it in a separate chute if the espresso machine has it. The other medium roasts are fine as they are not oily so no problem.

Loblaws had been selling the 284g bags for $9.99 and not the 454g.

Costco has the Lavazza Crema e Aroma 1kg/2.2 lbs for $13.99 regular and occasionally with $3 off. It is an excellent coffee for all machines, has lots of crema (in an espresso machine) and not bitter. It is way better than the red Lavazza sold in other grocery stores. I use both and alternate/mix with the KH. I usually keep my coffee beans in an air tight container in the cupboard so it doesn't go stale as fast.
Apr 26, 2007
504 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
gumby wrote: The 454 Horse Power is a dark, oily roast and won't work well in automatic espresso machine ... but if you have a separate grinder then you can grind it first then put it in a separate chute if the espresso machine has it. The other medium roasts are fine as they are not oily so no problem.

Loblaws had been selling the 284g bags for $9.99 and not the 454g.

Costco has the Lavazza Crema e Aroma 1kg/2.2 lbs for $13.99 regular and occasionally with $3 off. It is an excellent coffee for all machines, has lots of crema (in an espresso machine) and not bitter. It is way better than the red Lavazza sold in other grocery stores. I use both and alternate/mix with the KH. I usually keep my coffee beans in an air tight container in the cupboard so it doesn't go stale as fast.
Thanks for clearing this up, I read through the whole thread and wondered if people were making that mistake. I checked the flyers for both stores to make sure, as I shop at both Metro and Loblaws regularly.
Apr 26, 2007
504 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Nazgulia wrote: Hi, I've never posted a deal before, so I'm sorry if I miss something, or if no one cares about this, but I think it's good. Kicking Horse whole bean coffee is $9.99 at metro , it's the cheapest I've seen it in a while. It's on the first page of the flyer if you want to have a look.
Congrats on posting your first deal OP!
Apr 26, 2007
504 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
LBJackal wrote: They were recently bought by Lavazza. I imagine the price will permanently drop to drive out competition amongst smaller start-ups. Same thing is happening to craft beer. Not a bad thing if all you want is that specific brand but probably bad news for all the other small ones.
No.

This is just a sale. It's not a price drop. Kicking Horse is a premium product, and it's obviously done very well selling for a premium price.
Aug 16, 2015
408 posts
123 upvotes
Ajax, ON
splur wrote: 454g or 284g? The one at metro is 454g, the larger bag. I did buy 454g bags at Loblaws for $13.49 before, so the price difference isn't crazy, but the small bag for $9.99 isn't quite as good of a deal.
Ah yeah I didn't notice the size difference my mistake. They did have the 284g for really cheap a while back though. Might buy the 454g then it seems worth it at $9.99.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Thanks, Anyone knows for renew the points card is free? My member card is invisible on the barcode.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
cmag wrote: If you collect PC Plus Points, check your PC Plus app to see if you have an offer for Kicking Horse coffee. I have one: 2400 points per pack. I'll pick up some at RCSS.
What'a the price at RCSS? Does it has the same price as metro?
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
Lived in Panama for a while and got spoiled. My goto coffee here is Folgers blacksilk. My wife likes it as well. Can anyone suggest a bean that is close in taste
Jan 7, 2017
270 posts
289 upvotes
Hamilton
Picked up some grizzly claw, really enjoying it! Sadly had to grind it at the store; better drink it fast Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Freedom Mobile - Promo Everywhere 50 : 8 GB LTE + 1 GB Roaming USA/CAN

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)