Hot Deals

[Metro] Metro.ca ONTARIO Free BBQ Bundle (MSRP $50) with Purchase of $50

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 8:11 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3469 posts
256 upvotes
Picked mine up yesterday night a the stockyards location without issue.

Managed to hit the $50min with mostly sale items which was nice.
Thanks OP.
Jun 29, 2005
444 posts
33 upvotes
question, can I order items for Friday delivery but the price of the items might change due to the new flyer starts on Thursdays? would they adjust the price automatically or keep the price as I paid for them today? hope this make sense. :) thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1139 posts
445 upvotes
North York, ON
Cancelled first order again/ second time and placed new order which is ready for pickup today. Apparently first Rep did NOT cancel my first order which was never picked up and HAD been already been charged to my CC. Second Rep I spoke with said the 1st order was never cancelled as stated by first Rep (pardon my french) but WTF!!!!
After this fiasco our impression of Metro has greatly changed.
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
83 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
yaister wrote:
May 15th, 2019 7:51 am
question, can I order items for Friday delivery but the price of the items might change due to the new flyer starts on Thursdays? would they adjust the price automatically or keep the price as I paid for them today? hope this make sense. :) thanks.
I had the same question, so the prices are based on the day you receive products.

At first I picked everything and wanted Thursday delivery, but it popped an alert saying I might not get the same prices, so I held off and made a new order on Thursday with the new flyer prices in effect.
Aug 5, 2009
340 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Picked this all up last night, no issues at all. Thanks OP, awesome deal
Aug 25, 2008
471 posts
321 upvotes
alexyeung08 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:16 am
I had the same question, so the prices are based on the day you receive products.

At first I picked everything and wanted Thursday delivery, but it popped an alert saying I might not get the same prices, so I held off and made a new order on Thursday with the new flyer prices in effect.
I was also just about to confirm my order when I saw this. Since I ordered steaks at a significant discount, my concern is that they would about double in price tomorrow so I cancelled my order. It's really silly. If I order today but can't get delivery until the next day, why wouldn't they honour the price when the purchase is made? Metro has a LONG way to go if they want to compete against the Walmarts and Amazons of this world.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6956 posts
3062 upvotes
ON
Painman wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:20 pm
I was also just about to confirm my order when I saw this. Since I ordered steaks at a significant discount, my concern is that they would about double in price tomorrow so I cancelled my order. It's really silly. If I order today but can't get delivery until the next day, why wouldn't they honour the price when the purchase is made? Metro has a LONG way to go if they want to compete against the Walmarts and Amazons of this world.
Why not do pick up ?
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
83 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Painman wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:20 pm
Yeah I imagine a bunch of cart abandonment issues on Tuesdays / Wednesdays if people hold off on ordering, especially if delivery slots are busy until Thursday / Friday. Seems reasonable to still be able to get discount at time of order if delivery slots are full, kind of like getting a raincheck at the store if the product is sold out.
Aug 25, 2008
471 posts
321 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:27 pm
Why not do pick up ?
Only two locations, neither of which are in any way convient. But that's really besides the point. Their system is really rudimentary and they are going to get their hats handed to them (particularly when they also think $12 delivery charge is going to fly).
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1139 posts
445 upvotes
North York, ON
magoot wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:56 am
Cancelled first order again/ second time and placed new order which is ready for pickup today. Apparently first Rep did NOT cancel my first order which was never picked up and HAD been already been charged to my CC. Second Rep I spoke with said the 1st order was never cancelled as stated by first Rep (pardon my french) but WTF!!!!
After this fiasco our impression of Metro has greatly changed.
Rec'd email order was ready 1 hour before pickup time. Arrived, called the number and order was promptly brought out by a smiling clerk (always enjoy positive ppl). All refrigerated food was very cold. Asked clerk about previous messed up order and Ash the Manager cleared it all up within minutes. Very happy and impressed with the Manager, Staff and the system @ St. Clair. Will I do it again? Most definitely yes as I work from home...if too busy can always place the order. For myself some days the $12 delivery charge would be well worth it.
Thanks for everyone's input, both pros and cons.
Nov 6, 2014
26 posts
5 upvotes
chriscabob wrote:
May 7th, 2019 3:49 pm
And a very limited selection of participating metro stores... maybe give it time and more will have the pickup/deliver service offered. For now it seems like again Toronto is the centre of Ontario.
I thought Ottawa, the capital of Canada is] the center of universe. ;(
Aug 25, 2008
471 posts
321 upvotes
Super happy that I didn't go through with an order I was ready to place on Wednesday. The price of the items in my cart increased by over $30 on Thursday (new sales date). Redid an order on Thursday of mainly T-bone 1" steaks for $6.88 lb (sweet deal!). Order total was $50.20 plus $11.99 for delivery. The next day I recieved my order (about 5 minutes past the delivery window - perfectly acceptable). Everything in order plus the free stuff. Other than basically never being able to order on a Wednesday (unless you can get same day delivery), I'm happy with the service and the bonus items. The next three deliveries are also free which I'll use. Not sure that I'd be all that interested in paying $12 a pop for delivery afterwards though.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1569 posts
1177 upvotes
Oakville
Picked up at the Burlington location this morning, less than 10 minutes in and out.
Received the confirmation email at 730am for my 8am-10am pickup after placing the order at 9pm last night.
The free bags are a lot sturdier than the ones in-store.
Overall, very satisfied.

Decent deal on Bounty paper towels till May 22 @ 4.99 for 4 Giant rolls, works out slightly cheaper than the Amazon/WM deal @ 15.77 for 12 rolls (without factoring in S&S)
Images
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
[OP]
Oct 29, 2006
83 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Got a call from Metro, they were very apologetic about the missed window (order arrived at 11:10 PM for me), and took $25 off the order I placed and said they will be sending me a credit for $75 for a future purchase.

Looks like they are really committed to making a go of this! I appreciated their initiative.
Oct 20, 2007
318 posts
55 upvotes
Has anyone used this in a condo? will they take it up to your unit? if so, that'd be great for people with mobility issues.