Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Silk Beverages 1.89L $1.99 after printable coupon Aug 22-28

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2019 5:02 pm
Aug 11, 2019
143 posts
440 upvotes
pumpkinpies wrote: are these one time use coupons per account or can we print and copy ?
I just signed up and emailed coupon to myself and wife
Looks like you can print off multiple copies but I haven't actually tried it in store
Mar 11, 2011
415 posts
154 upvotes
Montréal
They were free yesterday at Metro Mont-Royal
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2465 posts
788 upvotes
canadianclub wrote: Buy 10 and store them in the basement. These things last long
milk in the basement?
they don't last that long...
mine sometimes goes bad before i can even finish it!

anyways, can we use these coupons at walmart or loblaws too?
doesn't seem to be tied to no frills only...
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
3055 posts
1185 upvotes
Ottawa
Almond milk is mostly water and traces of almond. Waste of money IMO
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1603 posts
588 upvotes
dux wrote: Almond milk is mostly water and traces of almond. Waste of money IMO
k
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA
people like it as smoothie base because of creamy taste, low fat/calorie, source of calcium, and free of dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, egg
Jan 30, 2017
747 posts
121 upvotes
If this is in the flyer, can’t you go to any grocery store (like no frills) and then price match it and then use the coupon?

Also can’t you print multiple copies of the coupon and 4 or 5 almond mills?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
I think I recall seeing a CBC documentary about almond milk, and other new types of milk, and I believe it said like there's only a handful of almonds in the carton, like 2% worth of almonds,and the rest is just filler.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1955 posts
3158 upvotes
Unixverse
Eaglesfan99 wrote: If this is in the flyer, can’t you go to any grocery store (like no frills) and then price match it and then use the coupon?

Also can’t you print multiple copies of the coupon and 4 or 5 almond mills?
Haven't tried the 2nd one, but the 1st one is fine wherever I go ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3744 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
RFDD24 wrote: I just signed up and emailed coupon to myself and wife
Looks like you can print off multiple copies but I haven't actually tried it in store
yes i printed off 2 as well but they all have the same bar code number so not sure if they will work more than once
Feb 7, 2017
820 posts
511 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: I think I recall seeing a CBC documentary about almond milk, and other new types of milk, and I believe it said like there's only a handful of almonds in the carton, like 2% worth of almonds,and the rest is just filler.
That's okay. There is no need for almonds. it is just that it is enriched so that it is nutritionally comparable to real milk except with less calories and fat. The only problem is that it has less protein (which you would need to get by eating something else).

The main reason I buy it is because it is a good milk substitute but with no lactose. Less farting.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5954 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto
Siward44 wrote: That's okay. There is no need for almonds. it is just that it is enriched so that it is nutritionally comparable to real milk except with less calories and fat. The only problem is that is has less protein (which you would need to get by eating something else).

The main reason I buy it is because it is a good milk substitute but with no lactose. Less farting.
Likewise, I don't really care for the content of the almonds. I just need a milk substitute since actual milk flares up my eczema.

Kfox wrote: people like it as smoothie base because of creamy taste, low fat/calorie, source of calcium, and free of dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, egg
This too
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
3055 posts
1185 upvotes
Ottawa
radeonboy wrote: I think I recall seeing a CBC documentary about almond milk, and other new types of milk, and I believe it said like there's only a handful of almonds in the carton, like 2% worth of almonds,and the rest is just filler.
Exactly, I rather spend that money to buy real almonds, and if you are making a smoothie, just thrown a few almonds in the mixer. Much better than buying over priced white colored water.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
Siward44 wrote: That's okay. There is no need for almonds. it is just that it is enriched so that it is nutritionally comparable to real milk except with less calories and fat. The only problem is that it has less protein (which you would need to get by eating something else).

Why not buy lactose free milk? Is it the price difference?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
dux wrote: Exactly, I rather spend that money to buy real almonds, and if you are making a smoothie, just thrown a few almonds in the mixer. Much better than buying over priced white colored water.
agreed, I tried almond milk once and it tastes like watered down milk. The vanilla sweetened soy milk is hands down the best version, with one cup having 350mg of potassium vs 35mg for the almond milk. Though of course different strokes for different folks and id still take almond milk over cow milk any day of the week which tastes gross af btw.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Kfox wrote: Aug. 15-21, Food Basics has 1.89L Silk Almond beverage on sale for $2.97, other varieties like Cashew etc may also be on sale

get extra $1 off with printable coupon from Danone website.
https://www.dan-on.com/ca-en/my-discounts

EDIT Aug.13: there's a new $1 off coupon usable on any Silk product

do you have to print these coupons out or is there digital versions? How many coupons can you use? I'm guessing food basics will only accept one per order?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA
blaznazn22 wrote: do you have to print these coupons out or is there digital versions? How many coupons can you use? I'm guessing food basics will only accept one per order?
it's a "printable coupon"

use your own discretion

probably one per transaction
Sep 9, 2018
509 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Creamy Cashew is a good milk replacement. It's not watered down like the other flavours.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)