Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
87%
Expiry:
November 1, 2017
Retailer:
Metropolis at Metrotown
Limited promo! Just came across this deal on FB yesterday. Although it's been there for more than 1 week only very few people are aware of this promo.

Go to the customer service counters in Metropolis at Metrotown and buy $100 GC to get another $15 one. However, you have to register on this website to get a special code first, and each person can only get one $15. They'll put in your driver's license number to the computer.

The $15 is valid for one year but I think you guys will use it right away Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes You can also use the gift cards at RCSS or TNT.
31 replies
May 21, 2005
84 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby
Since there's a SportChek and Atmosphere in Metrotown, does that mean we can use this giftcard there and get 15% off anything we buy there? If so, this will be like those 15% off gift cards from CT a couple of months ago (but limited to this Sportchek only)
Sep 6, 2012
347 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
syxto wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 2:41 pm
Since there's a SportChek and Atmosphere in Metrotown, does that mean we can use this giftcard there and get 15% off anything we buy there? If so, this will be like those 15% off gift cards from CT a couple of months ago (but limited to this Sportchek only)
You can only get $15 off $100 once per the T&C listed below so your plan won't work unless you have multiple account to play with.

Limit of one (1) bonus $15 gift card per customer for the duration of the campaign, with the purchase of $100 or more in Metropolis at Metrotown gift cards. The bonus code does not guarantee you a bonus card. Bonus card offer is limited, while quantities last.

The email with bonus code must be shown and redeemed in-mall at Guest Services from October 16, 2017 – November 1, 2017. This code cannot be redeemed online. The bonus code is valid only once, for one single transaction.

Metropolis at Metrotown accepts: cash, debit, Visa and Mastercard. Credit card cardholder must match the photo ID presented of the purchaser. All gift cards purchased, including bonus gift card, are final sale and non-refundable.

The $15 bonus gift card is valid for use within 1 year of promotion.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2015
171 posts
99 upvotes
You're totally correct! However I'm not sure if we can use these giftcards to buy discounted giftcards at RCSS.
syxto wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 2:41 pm
[OP]
Oct 8, 2015
171 posts
99 upvotes
There's also a source and an apple store, which means you can get most of the electronics devices for at least 14% off, based on the numbers of promo you could get.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2015
171 posts
99 upvotes
Some stores are excluded but they're basically ICBC/DENTAL or something like this. The shops you usually go to will accept the GC.

The lady told me such promo only happens once in a year, and wanted me to keep posted of their black Friday deals!
phoreoneone wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 2:49 pm
usable at the apple store?
Oct 24, 2017
2 posts
naticom wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 2:45 pm
You're totally correct! However I'm not sure if we can use these giftcards to buy discounted giftcards at RCSS.
I was thinking about that too since SDM is having their discounted CT GC sale..
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5074 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
naticom wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 2:45 pm
I was told before that you can't buy third party GC that is available at RCSS. I asked the CS in RCSS.
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
20 posts
23 upvotes
Canada
Where would you find the excluded stores? 15% is real good if I can use at RCSS, the Source, Disney, and others
Dec 7, 2015
3 posts
What are the non-participating stores at Metropolis?

Athens Hair Styling
Auto World
Bank of Montreal
The Boss Restaurant
CHQ Entertainment
Coast Capital Savings
Dessert Dynasty
Fresh Slice Pizza
ICBC Driver Licensing
Little Monk Pretzels
Little Tea House
Lottery Ticket Centre
Lotto Signature Store
Manzano Europa Bakery
Maxim’s Bakery
Mega Dental
Metropolis Dental Group
New York Fries
Perpetual Insurance
Professionail
Sears Portrait Studio
SilverCity Metropolis Cinemas
Stitch World Alterations
Starbucks (Chapters)
Tim Hortons (Food Court)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1289 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a giftcard from Oakridge mall and after 1 year they start deducting from it.. Apparently they can do this because it's a "MALL" giftcard...

It was only a $10 gift card, but I was still pretty pissed. Is this the same thing?
May 9, 2002
257 posts
27 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:51 am
I bought a giftcard from Oakridge mall and after 1 year they start deducting from it.. Apparently they can do this because it's a "MALL" giftcard...

It was only a $10 gift card, but I was still pretty pissed. Is this the same thing?
Yes. All mall-style gift cards have this. I don't know why they are exempt from the law that bans this practice.

Source: I gave a relative a Metrotown GC a few years ago. She went to use it shortly after the 1 (or 2?)-year mark and did lose out on a few bucks.
Feb 20, 2004
612 posts
181 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:51 am

I was curious too so I here's the info from site:
https://metropolisatmetrotown.com/info/gift-card/

Are there any fees related to the gift card?
There are no fees associated with the purchase of the card. However, in certain provinces (Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec), in compliance with provincial laws, monthly maintenance fees in the amount of $2.50 apply to cards after 16 months following the activation of the card.

That being said, if requested by you in month 15, or before end of month 14 in Quebec, the 16 months will be extended to 19.

Nova Scotia and Manitoba laws prohibit maintenance fees.

For further information, please contact Client Support at 1-800-840-5542 or Guest Services at your shopping centre.
Mar 28, 2010
136 posts
187 upvotes
vancouver
I just tell the cashier I'm paying with mastercard and swipe the metro gift card and I'm good to go. I don't mention paying with gift card.