• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 2:18 am
Feb 25, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
HelloGoodBuy wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 2:38 am
I'm a bit surprised this thread isn't getting a bit more attention since the restrictions on usage are relatively mild. Just a FYI, the staff at the kiosk were not very welcoming today. There are 3 adults in our household and it was simply more efficient for me to sign up everyone with my own email addresses. All 3 of us went to the kiosk and we had to present govt id with the emails with the promo codes to be allowed to purchase. OK - fine with that. But then after checking that the name on the id matched what was on their system for the code, they required that each of us to individually and separately re-tell them each of our email addresses which was pretty stupid since we had just handed them the printed emails which showed the email addresses. Moreover, my M-i-L doesn't speak English well and they wouldn't even let us speak for her even though she was standing right beside us! Then they wouldn't let me pay for all of the gift cards using my credit card and insisted that each person had to pay on their own! None of this was a big deal but I felt like we were being treated like criminals rather than customers.
Exact experience as you... got treated like a criminal by the (filipino?) ladies working at the kiosk. My mother and father who did not speak English were asked what their email addresses were when it was clearly provided on the print out with the code with matching ID. I gave those ladies so much shit afterwards.
Oct 18, 2015
67 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sauderite wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 2:04 am
Exact experience as you... got treated like a criminal by the (filipino?) ladies working at the kiosk. My mother and father who did not speak English were asked what their email addresses were when it was clearly provided on the print out with the code with matching ID. I gave those ladies so much shit afterwards.
I am not sure if it's the ladies' fault, they were very busy when I went to get mine today -- there were 7 people in front of me asking for the card, and as I got in line there were a non-stop stream of people lining up behind me. I am guessing they got much more people than expected and the management is trying to be more strict.

This is a hot deal -- I easily use up the cards in one visit (went to the ramen place for dinner, disney store and a couple clothing stores)