Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Metrotown - Black Friday Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2013 4:03 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1750 posts
354 upvotes
Vancouver

Metrotown - Black Friday Deals

Deal Link:
For those planning to hit up the mall, Metrotown has posted a loooong list of various retailers' sales for this Black Friday.

http://metropolisatmetrotown.com/blackfriday

I wonder if we can expect equivalent sales for those stores on the list with an online presence.
12 replies
Oct 20, 2006
556 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
gift card is useful, was already gonna get a mac on BF so might as well save another 50 or so
May 23, 2009
897 posts
605 upvotes
Vancouver
LoneI2anger wrote: gift card is useful, was already gonna get a mac on BF so might as well save another 50 or so
but be sure that the apple store or where ever you are buying from accepts the metrotown giftcard. I know there is list of a bunch of stores that dont accept it
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
There were 3 long lines at 3 different places in the mall this morning, one of them actually outside. The longest line was near the gift card counter certainly had over 100 people in it. I do not know what each line was specifically for, though. I bought something from Banana republic and it took only 5 minutes but they did have a short line inside and a person managing that line.
Nov 17, 2007
329 posts
239 upvotes
I converted some of those Metrotown G/C's to Bestbuy Gift Cards at Superstore without a problem. So if your retailer isn't at metro, you can always convert it to Giftcards Superstore sells.
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby
The Metrotown G/C's were my biggest non-deal. I went specifically to drop a few $K on cards and got told that they were already telling people near the end of the line-up that they would stop selling cards at 10am and these people were SOL as they likely won't make to the counter by then. This was only a little after 9am! Seriously p*ssed. If they're gonna pull a stunt like this then they should advertise as such so people know what they're up against/don't waste their time.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
HelloGoodBuy wrote: The Metrotown G/C's were my biggest non-deal. I went specifically to drop a few $K on cards and got told that they were already telling people near the end of the line-up that they would stop selling cards at 10am and these people were SOL as they likely won't make to the counter by then. This was only a little after 9am! Seriously p*ssed. If they're gonna pull a stunt like this then they should advertise as such so people know what they're up against/don't waste their time.
You realize some people lined up BEFORE 6:00 am. The news showed huge lineups outside of Metrotown in the morning. There were hundreds of people lined up. There are finite number of cards and it is obvious they ran out of them by 9:00 am.

The Mall was very busy. I went at 4:00 pm and it was hard to find a parking spot.
Have a nice day!

Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
CBC said today that most people got $5 free gift cards. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
stopped by after work, around 8pm
big mistake.
too many ppl in the mall, decided to just leave, took me 30min to get out of parking lot....
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby
LonesomeDove wrote: You realize some people lined up BEFORE 6:00 am. The news showed huge lineups outside of Metrotown in the morning. There were hundreds of people lined up. There are finite number of cards and it is obvious they ran out of them by 9:00 am.

The Mall was very busy. I went at 4:00 pm and it was hard to find a parking spot.
You realize that the promo ad said nothing about there being limited quantities and if you were there you would know that they didn't run out of them by 9am -- I spoke to them -- they said at 9am they chose to start advising people in the line-up that it was unlikely they would get to the front of the line by 10am. If they had said limited quantities in the advertisement, I could have made the decision to line up early enough or (more likely) forego the chance. Instead they advertised it as if anyone who arrived by 10am would get to buy them.
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby
Just an update: I had complained to the mall administration that day both in person and via subsequent email. And in the end they did throw me a bone. So kudos to them for that at least.