• Dec 22nd, 2017 5:24 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
291 posts
163 upvotes

[GVR] $10+ Gift Card Purchase= Free $15 Gift Card

Retailer:
Metrotown
I haven't seen this promotion advertised anywhere.

When you go to the Metrotown Gift Card Lounge (near Superstore) and buy a giftcard (min $10) you will receive a free paper voucher.

You have to take the paper voucher to either Tsawwassen Mill, Guilford Town Centre, May Fair, Woodgrove shopping Centres between January 1- 31 to exchange it for a free $15 Gift card. The voucher is not redeemable at Metrotown. The $15 gift card is redeemable at Metrotown and the malls listed above.

They are only giving these vouchers away at the Metrotown Gift Card Lounge (near Superstore) and not at Customer Service.

Voucher is only One Per Person and while quantities last.
Images
  • IMG_6117.JPG
Last edited by VitaminB on Dec 15th, 2017 3:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1314 posts
138 upvotes
Just went.
They don’t have $5 anymore, it’s $10 min.
The $15 voucher is redeemable in Jan but the actual $15 GC you get valid for a year.
Images
  • 25C01DBA-ACAF-4D14-A2E4-0C6EF708010B.jpeg
Aug 1, 2005
859 posts
29 upvotes
Burnaby
Can these be used at T&T metrotown and Guildford?
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
291 posts
163 upvotes
jlo mein wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 4:20 pm
Can these be used at T&T metrotown and Guildford?
T&T Metrotown - Yes
T&T Guilford - No (T&T isn't part of Guildford Mall)
May 26, 2011
294 posts
138 upvotes
I drove all the way to Metrotown pretty much for this, and they were already closed at 8:45 on Friday!

Once I go redeem the voucher at one of non-Metrotown malls, I can use that $15 GC at Metrotown and any Ivanhoe, right?
Koodo, Freedom Mobile, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Carrot, EQ, PayTM and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1396 posts
668 upvotes
Vancouver
maverikbc wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 2:49 am
I drove all the way to Metrotown pretty much for this, and they were already closed at 8:45 on Friday!

Once I go redeem the voucher at one of non-Metrotown malls, I can use that $15 GC at Metrotown and any Ivanhoe, right?
Considering the GC are linked and are basically prepaid visa (or MBNA, forgot which), you probably can use it anywhere. You just need to visit another mall beside metro.

Of course considering those malls are about 20+ minutes away (one way with average traffic) from metro, not sure if its really worth the effort unless you actually plan on going to those malls in Jan. anyways. I've been to T. Mills like twice this calendar year (a few more times last year when it first opened). Think Guildfort 2 or 3 times (whole year and really just cause i was going to WM/on my way back from US) and never been to the other two. If they didn't sell Oakridge/Oakridge was on the list, it would be tempting but as is, i'll probably pass.
May 26, 2011
294 posts
138 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Dec 16th, 2017 2:59 am
Considering the GC are linked and are basically prepaid visa (or MBNA, forgot which), you probably can use it anywhere. You just need to visit another mall beside metro.
When I used one of the GC at a RCSS, my receipt showed as Mastercard, and worked exactly like a prepaid MC. You're probably right, it works like prepaid MC if you tell the cashier it's a MC/Visa before swiping.

I realized Oakridge, Park Royal etc are not part of this, it probably won't be worthwhile to earn just $15. That giftcard store was closed for a reason when I tried to get it!
Koodo, Freedom Mobile, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Carrot, EQ, PayTM and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1214 posts
341 upvotes
TBD
This mall is always mayhem. I'd rather shop online or not at all instead of shopping there.
Mar 31, 2017
180 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Wait so I can use both the purchased GC and the free GC at Metrotown itself? This isn't such a bad deal then

I would never go (and have never been) to any of the other malls on that list though
May 23, 2014
837 posts
423 upvotes
canada
kooltilltheen wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 4:09 am
Wait so I can use both the purchased GC and the free GC at Metrotown itself? This isn't such a bad deal then

I would never go (and have never been) to any of the other malls on that list though
Poster above you has many inaccuracies in his statement

You have to go to the other participating malls to redeem the $15 not $10 voucher. In January . No earlier or no later. You will be looked at with a blank stare if you attemp to redeem the paper voucher if you attempt to at metrotown.

Things to consider for $15 gift card

Driving to metro. GAS
Finding parking (crazy) 10-20 min
Driving home has GAS

Driving to tawassen mills / guilford in January GAS GAS
Getting $15 gift card
Driving home GAS GAS

Congrats you've spent a minimum of 1 hour in driving , gas and 2 hour in time - buying , redeeming , driving for $15 lol

Guilford and twassen

Think
Last edited by thesick on Dec 21st, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 25, 2011
785 posts
336 upvotes
British Columbia
I agree on the time and gas but it comes down to if you have shopping you need to do at these mall locations in these timeframes.

Metrorown has a lot stores for last minute Christmas shoppers and I personally visit Tsawwassen Mills somewhat often.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1665 posts
542 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just picked up a gift card and they still have the 15 dollar voucher available

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)