Mexican airline Interjet

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 5:02 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes

Mexican airline Interjet

Has anyone used Interjet airlines from Toronto to Cancun. Do you pay extra for luggage or meals on plane. Do the stewards speak English. How does they compare to Sunwing or Westjet.
8 replies
Jul 5, 2004
23828 posts
3392 upvotes
I recently flew with them. Really no complaints. The flight attendants were pretty lazy and didn't really want to do anything beyond the minimum. If you asked them for anything extra, although they did provide it, it was obvious they weren't thrilled about doing it. That's a bit of the culture in Mexico though. They still provided the scheduled food, drinks and snacks though. Nothing cost extra and in fact booze was free.

The huge plus was the extra leg room. I haven't had that much leg room on a plane in 20 years. I could actually fully extend my legs, even with a bag under my seat. Plus I could put my tray table down and still have lots of room.

I wish I could fly like that all the time. Would gladly fly them again although I do admit that if there was a problem, they might not resolve it as well or as quick as AC or WJ.
[OP]
Oct 25, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks for the info. We are flying with Interjet in two weeks time.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2253 posts
1368 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
alecdl wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:51 pm
Thanks for the info. We are flying with Interjet in two weeks time.
Have flown them quite a few times over the past 6 months without any complaints (yyz- CUN)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5982 posts
4115 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:45 pm
The flight attendants were pretty lazy and didn't really want to do anything beyond the minimum. If you asked them for anything extra, although they did provide it, it was obvious they weren't thrilled about doing it. That's a bit of the culture in Mexico though.
Sorry, but I don't understand this statement.... coming from a Latin background, and being a landed immigrant in Canada, I noticed that actually Canadians will give the bare minimum while working, and anything extra is a nuisance, while immigrants are given extra work that they don't mind... until they realize that nobody else is giving the extra % as they are.

Maybe the flight attendants were annoyed not because "it's the culture in Mexico", but because they are having a bad day (which shouldn't affect how they treat their customers... but, it happens), the company might not be the best motivating their employees, they had difficult customers earlier that left them drained, or the customers are ordering them to bring extra stuff, instead of asking nicely for it.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2253 posts
1368 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 9:17 am
Sorry, but I don't understand this statement.... coming from a Latin background, and being a landed immigrant in Canada, I noticed that actually Canadians will give the bare minimum while working, and anything extra is a nuisance, while immigrants are given extra work that they don't mind... until they realize that nobody else is giving the extra % as they are.

Maybe the flight attendants were annoyed not because "it's the culture in Mexico", but because they are having a bad day (which shouldn't affect how they treat their customers... but, it happens), the company might not be the best motivating their employees, they had difficult customers earlier that left them drained, or the customers are ordering them to bring extra stuff, instead of asking nicely for it.
I agree. Personally, I’ve never been blown away by any inservice from cabin crew. Both in Business/first class and economy- regardless of airline / destination. I flew for 2 years as a flight attendant in the mid 2000s as well so maybe I’m jaded

My territory is Mexico so I travel there for work a few times a month. I’ve had to assist my colleagues in other parts of the Caribbean (specifically DR, Jamaica and Cuba) ......and hands down I find the Mexicans are very hard working (no matter which part of the country I am in).

I hate to label any culture/country as ‘lazy’ or ‘hard workers’ but I don’t get even half the headaches that my colleagues receive from their territories. There are lazy and hard working people everywhere IMHO.
Jul 5, 2004
23828 posts
3392 upvotes
Just my experiences in Mexico I guess. I really enjoy going to Mexico and find the people very friendly, but I've typically experienced a lack of work ethic, especially away from the resorts and high tourist areas. While renting a house down there, the property owner who was from Germany, shared my opinion.

But that's just my experience. Everyone has different opinions and experiences.

The stewards on Interjet appeared to me to be far less interested in offering drinks to the cabin than on other airlines I've flown, but again, the overall flight was a positive experience and I'd gladly fly with them again.
Oct 3, 2017
271 posts
183 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 9:47 am
Just my experiences in Mexico I guess. I really enjoy going to Mexico and find the people very friendly, but I've typically experienced a lack of work ethic, especially away from the resorts and high tourist areas. While renting a house down there, the property owner who was from Germany, shared my opinion.

But that's just my experience. Everyone has different opinions and experiences.

The stewards on Interjet appeared to me to be far less interested in offering drinks to the cabin than on other airlines I've flown, but again, the overall flight was a positive experience and I'd gladly fly with them again.
Now tell us some of your friends are "Mexican".

Your justifying statements are standard racist comments. Personally I find the crappiest service is at the resorts. Of course you have German confirmation. Can't argue with that I guess.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24043 posts
9557 upvotes
Oh good! I was just thinking of using them for an upcoming trip.
Good to hear about the legroom. Being tall sucks when you fly.