Tags:
None
Oct 16, 2008
289 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 7:02 pm
First off, I think this type of sale is prone to problems like these and they should really just stick to their "50% off" sale.
I have to agree with this as manually entering the 1 cent item would cause an issue like this. The POS system should be smart enough to package the items together or provide the ability to manually package the items.

To add to the Mexx fail thread, I purchased a jacket at Mexx and literally a week later it went on sale so I brought my bill in to do a price protection. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me the difference as they did not have a price protection policy. The clerk wouldn't even try returning and reselling me the same item so I literally had to return the jacket and purchase the same jacket off the rack. It was a waste of time on my part and a lack of customer service on the part of Mexx. Sad thing is that I'm sure this probably discourages most shoppers and they are able to have these sales without any price protections.
Dec 8, 2011
323 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
1point8t wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:41 pm
I have to agree with this as manually entering the 1 cent item would cause an issue like this. The POS system should be smart enough to package the items together or provide the ability to manually package the items.

To add to the Mexx fail thread, I purchased a jacket at Mexx and literally a week later it went on sale so I brought my bill in to do a price protection. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me the difference as they did not have a price protection policy. The clerk wouldn't even try returning and reselling me the same item so I literally had to return the jacket and purchase the same jacket off the rack. It was a waste of time on my part and a lack of customer service on the part of Mexx. Sad thing is that I'm sure this probably discourages most shoppers and they are able to have these sales without any price protections.
All you had to do was purchase the jacket at the sale price and return at the same time with the original receipt. No need to bring the item in unless they don't have the item or your size anymore. I've done this before because they refused to do a price adjustment. Cashier gave me dirty looks but couldn't refuse to process my return.
Oct 16, 2008
289 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Good point ill definitely try that next time. It would suck if they refused my return and I would have to drive to another Mexx to get it returned.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5379 posts
362 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Cas77 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 6:30 pm
IE
item #1 tag $50
item #2 tag $40

So I got these 2 for $50.01

all I want really is $40/2 or $20 IN-STORE credit. I don't care about the cash...I just think $20 to spend in their store is fair and they possibly salvage a customer. If a customer that spent $600 isn't worth maybe $50 for these 3 items (high level estimate) who will then spend that $50 in their store then their business is clearly flawed and the right hand (corporate) has no clue what the left hand does (store level).
As much as I agree with you I think you are stuck. Considering that stores aren't obligated to refund/exchange anything under the law you are bound by the store policy.

I think that either you return the entire purchase and never shop there again, or waiting until they re-stock and get it exchanged.
There's a sucker born every minute.
May 20, 2010
762 posts
68 upvotes
Mexx1234 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:14 pm
If you let me know which is the closest Mexx for you we would gladly exchange your items for something that fits your needs. Thank you, Christine. If you would prefer not to post you may email directly to canCustomerServiceMe@mexx.com and our staff would love to help resolve this for you. Thank you
Looks like Mexx is trying to make this customer satisfied. Should get some recognition for it. My opinion though, they're not required to do anything really. If they could exchange for the right size, that would work - or give them the option of choosing something else that would have been on sale and available at the time of purchase for the 1 cent. Anything else is above and beyond they're duties, in my eyes.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8243 posts
2369 upvotes
Ottawa
number8888 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 3:21 pm
As much as I agree with you I think you are stuck. Considering that stores aren't obligated to refund/exchange anything under the law you are bound by the store policy.

I think that either you return the entire purchase and never shop there again, or waiting until they re-stock and get it exchanged.
I would have been more than happy to get an exchange for a larger size, but they had no stock. Like I said I could not care less about not getting a cash refund.

I don't have time to deal with this problem today but me or my wife will get in touch with the rep tomorrow to figure this out. I'll keep everyone posted.

The Mexx rep did contact me by PM and told me it was 'final sale' but would try to accommodate me. Now not only was I not advised of this final sale, but every single item in the store was B1G1 for 1cent and the return/exchange policy is clearly displayed on the sales counter. There was also a sign in the mall outside the store entrance advertising the sale and at least 50 signs on every rack with no mention of final sale (trust me I'm a RFDer who will study the fine print with a magnifying glass if I have to) so not in a million years would I have purchased 'final sale' Christmas gift clothing for kids.

So a pre-christmas sale in a store like this which is final sale. As per the definition they do not permit refunds (fair enough IMO) or exchanges. So in order to be provided the option of exchanging a Christmas gift for a growing toddler that lives 300km away and I see 3-4x a year I would have had to tell the cashier I was not interested in purchasing my items for the sale price and asked "Could I pay full price for these items please?"! This is the most preposterous sale I have ever seen.

Anyways like I said I'll contact them on Friday...but I think my wife was going shopping today and was going to try at another store if she had time. We'll see how that goes.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8243 posts
2369 upvotes
Ottawa
Offspring22 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 3:28 pm
Looks like Mexx is trying to make this customer satisfied. Should get some recognition for it. My opinion though, they're not required to do anything really. If they could exchange for the right size, that would work - or give them the option of choosing something else that would have been on sale and available at the time of purchase for the 1 cent. Anything else is above and beyond they're duties, in my eyes.
Yes I appreciate them contacting me and I will update my first post accordingly in the next few days. Them wanting to make things right MAY make me step in their store again...we'll see what happens.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
1962 posts
189 upvotes
Orleans
Thanks for keeping us updated.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8243 posts
2369 upvotes
Ottawa
Poulet wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 4:06 pm
Thanks for keeping us updated.
As promised bump for final update.
- Mark Twain
× < >