• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 11:05 pm
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38331 posts
5511 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Michelin Introduces Pilot Sport 4 S to North American Market at NAIAS

New summer tires by Michelin. May wanna check em out.

http://michelinmedia.com/pilot-sport-4s/
Designed for sports cars and high-performance vehicles, the tire combines the best aspects of the Pilot Super Sport with key attributes of the Pilot Sport Cup 2. The Pilot Sport 4 S solves the pleasure and safety equation for performance enthusiasts, offering unprecedented driving pleasure, exceptional steering precision and tremendous directional stability, while also providing maximum grip on wet or dry roads.

Commissioned third-party track tests in Germany against five top ultra-high-performance tire competitors ranked the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S first on the performances:

first in dry braking[1]
first in wet braking[2]
first in dry lap times[3]
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
May 24, 2008
2785 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
Even the moderators can't get it right...
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1476 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I am hoping the PSS will be discounted in the Spring once the P4S releases, I'm in need of a pair of rears badly!

On another note, could they not have named them better than 'Pilot Sport 4 S'?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1476 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Viperoni wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 4:15 pm
Even Continental's replacement for the "ExtremeContact DW" is just named the "ExtremeContact Sport"... a little lackluster too.
http://www.continentaltire.com/browse#performance
lol..I ended up getting a pair of PS4S on Monday.

PSS was only $25-30 cheaper than the PS4S so I decided to splurge. Haven't really had a chance to test them out as it's still been relatively cold!
Apr 5, 2016
943 posts
415 upvotes
marcsterr wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 8:57 pm
lol..I ended up getting a pair of PS4S on Monday.

PSS was only $25-30 cheaper than the PS4S so I decided to splurge. Haven't really had a chance to test them out as it's still been relatively cold!
Yeah let us know on the performance! My PSS is still holding strong, can't believe how good the treadwear is but will probably be replacing them with these new PS4S or P Zeros in the next few years.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1476 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:28 am
Yeah let us know on the performance! My PSS is still holding strong, can't believe how good the treadwear is but will probably be replacing them with these new PS4S or P Zeros in the next few years.
So I've driven on them the past few days that it's been relatively warm. Honestly, they feel just like the PSS, no noticeable difference driving on the street.

Perhaps if I do some more spirited driving when it gets warmer I'll notice a difference!
Apr 5, 2016
943 posts
415 upvotes
marcsterr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:25 pm
So I've driven on them the past few days that it's been relatively warm. Honestly, they feel just like the PSS, no noticeable difference driving on the street.

Perhaps if I do some more spirited driving when it gets warmer I'll notice a difference!
That's disappointing, but then it hasn't been long, maybe needs a bit more breaking in.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel