Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto

Michelin Premier A/S vs Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred vs Michelin Primacy MXV4

Need help choosing between these three tires. Thanks.
17 replies
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
Are you open to other A/S tires? What's your budget and primary use?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Primacy MXV4 is crappy tire (OEM tires on her SUV). My sister just replaced this (only after 2 yrs / 28000km) because they are kind of scary to drive on in the winter. She has Premier LTX (SUV version) of the same Premier found on the passenger car. I guess she will find out later to determine how good these are.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Ya open to suggestions. Primarily highway driving. Needs to be good in snow/wet conditions. No real budget.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
I am leaning towards the Michelin Premier A/S from Costco right now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
+1 on Tripletreads. Had them on my old CRV and Odyssey. Great tire. Great in rain and snow
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I have primacys as my all seasons. So far I'm not really happy with them. They keep my car on the road. That's about all I can say.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3531 posts
642 upvotes
Corktown
+1 Tripletreads. Had them twice on a couple of CRVs. Great in the rain. Did run them through a winter in the first year of use and they were better than my 4th season Blizzaks.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
I've ran Tripletreads as all-seasons in the GTA, and found them to be great. However, they produce a lot of road noise.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Why are you buying all season tires when it's winter time? Go get a used set of winters. Sold my used set today for $80.

To answer your question, we need more information. Car, price, what are your priorities, etc.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: Primacy MXV4 is crappy tire (OEM tires on her SUV). My sister just replaced this (only after 2 yrs / 28000km) because they are kind of scary to drive on in the winter. She has Premier LTX (SUV version) of the same Premier found on the passenger car. I guess she will find out later to determine how good these are.
+1 to this, put on Primacy MXM4 (assuming its the same as the MXV4)...on my Lexus RX, and they're gone after 38k km....Warranty states 90k!
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Jul 14, 2003
445 posts
212 upvotes
Dundas
nasa25 wrote: I have primacys as my all seasons. So far I'm not really happy with them. They keep my car on the road. That's about all I can say.
That's kind of how I feel about my MXV4s as well. They were fine the first year, but now with 2+ years and 60,000km on them, they are starting to lose grip. Rain and snow traction have gone way down, with me spinning my tires a lot more on wet roads. They are quiet though and seem to live up to their wear claims. I'll probably get to about 80-90,000km before they wear down to the bars.

The Premier A/S is the newer model which is supposed to replace the MXV4s.
Jul 14, 2003
445 posts
212 upvotes
Dundas
deal_with_singh wrote: +1 to this, put on Primacy MXM4 (assuming its the same as the MXV4)...on my Lexus RX, and they're gone after 38k km....Warranty states 90k!
The Primacy MXM4 is different than the MXV4 as they have different tread patterns, compounds and wear rates. :)
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
295 upvotes
I'd take premier A/S however as far as I remember A/S has lower tread warranty compare to long-lasting Michelin Defender
Dec 3, 2010
609 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Falken ze950 is what you should get. I looked at the same tires like you before getting the falkens. Better performance,value and treadwear. Im using it on both of my car
Deal Addict
May 16, 2009
1275 posts
83 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: +1 to this, put on Primacy MXM4 (assuming its the same as the MXV4)...on my Lexus RX, and they're gone after 38k km....Warranty states 90k!
Also note that tyres installed from the factory on a new car aren't the same level of quality as ones you can buy in store, even for the same name. OEM tyres are built to one major requirement: cheap. Everything else, from mileage, quietness, handling, is secondary.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5285 upvotes
GTA
geokilla wrote: Why are you buying all season tires when it's winter time?
Maybe he knows how to drive, not like thousands of morons doing 40km/h with little rain last week. There are millions of people who drove on all seasons all their life, with no single issue. Now it's that marketing hype. Everybody gets business- manufacturers sell more tires, shops have more work with change overs, journalists have something to write about. The money is rolling, and we poor masses get sucked in this master plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)