Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2017 Admissions

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2017 3:56 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2017 Admissions

Just wanted to make a thread for Michener's 2017 admissions where we could discuss MMI/acceptance/etc. There's been threads for past years admissions and I haven't seen one yet for this year, so I decided to make my own!

I applied to the Genetics Technology program! Any other genetics applicants out there????
310 replies
Jan 23, 2016
29 posts
6 upvotes
Hamilton
Hi,

I applied to Genetics, MLS and Respiratory Therapy.

I am eager to find MMI partners to practice mock interview.

Thanks,

Fenick
Mar 18, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Anyone attending this year's spring fling event? I registered for it but I also have work - how useful is this event?

On a sidenote, I applied to Ultrasound and RT. cGPA is 3.29 and GPA 3.7. Gr 12 avg of 81%.
My grades aren't the greatest but I hope it will pull me through since I never did a MMI before and my brain tends to fail when I get overly anxious.. :(
Feb 21, 2016
35 posts
5 upvotes
Spring fling is pretty much a specialized open house (compared to the general open house in November). This is an opportunity for applicants to talk to people from the specific programs they applied to. This includes faculty and students, as well as checking out the labs and learn what the program is like from someone actually in it!
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
fenicksai - Yay! I'm glad to see some other genetics applicants out there :)

karabera - I won't be attending the Spring Fling event... I've basically gone to every other event Michener has hosted so I don't think this would be useful for me! And I think your grades seem pretty solid! It's hard to say what grades are "good enough" for a certain program because it really depends on the quality/amount of the applicants that apply this year.
Mar 18, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
I ended up not going to the event due to work conflicts but I guess that's okay

I have no idea what was last year's avg. cutoff but I have a friend who had better grades and couldn't make it in - so I'm pretty anxious.
Apr 10, 2017
6 posts
I applied to Cardiovascular Perfusion program for 2017 intake. Anyone else here did?
Jul 8, 2013
152 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
Interviews are out!

EDIT: got in for my second and third choice but not my first......good luck everyone!
Last edited by dbzkid777 on Apr 17th, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 1, 2017
2 posts
Didnt get in :(

Dear Michener applicant,

Thank-you for your application to the Medical Laboratory Science program for Fall 2017.

We have now completed our application processing for the 2017 admission season.

Unfortunately, due to the highly competitive nature of our programs, we are unable to offer you a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) invitation for the above mentioned program.

If you applied for any other program at the Michener Institute, you will receive a separate e-mail with your application status.

Best wishes,

The Admissions Team

admissions@michener.ca
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
12 posts
2 upvotes
I got an interview for genetics technology! Congrats to everyone who got an interview! :)
Apr 16, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
I got an interview for Ultrasound, Chiropody, and Medical Laboratory Sciences :)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel