Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2017 Admissions

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 3:52 pm
May 14, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
Your reputable sources are what, Wikipedia, indeed jobs, and payscale? Shoddy detective work there buddy. Again there are the college reports that I invite you to read (which are indeed reliable since this information gets passed onto the ministry of health), although I doubt you'd care to sift through those since you're set on MLT. I do agree that there is a lack of information on Canadian chiropody on the internet, but again that is simply taking into account of the fact that the profession is relatively new and only 30 of us graduate from the program every year. If you want solid facts about any program, you'll likely get better luck contacting their respective Colleges or from raw data. In fact, go check the MICHENER job board right now; I believe there's a posting there that's offering 90k to 110 k in Toronto and is open to new chiropody grads (along with 16 other chiropody postings). For everyone else, always check this alumni board because it's one of the few reliable public boards for any program being offered at Michener. http://michener.ca/alumni/job-board/

As for the PT issue, what I originally alluded to was taking on another PT job IN chiropody, not just any job. PT jobs in chiropody are in abundance all over Ontario, so you can add on as you please. Like I said in my old post, there are disadvantages because you likely will have to drive all over the place. All the while, I'm sure you'll combat with some sort of OH BUT THE ONLINE INTERNET STUFF SAYS THIS AND I CAN'T FIND INFO ON THAT AND YOU GUYS ARENT "GOOD ENOUGH". I frankly don't care, and judging from other's past comments, neither does anyone else in this thread. Goodness, my dentist, optometrist, rad tech, and ultrasound friends take on 2 PT positions in their field as well because of availability; are they too "not good enough"?

And why on earth are you being so defensive about MLT in all this? I never once said the profession was shit, or that chiropody is any better. My posts did not make any comments toward the program, I only spoke of the profession that I am in and wanted to provide further information on matters ONLY pertaining to chiropody. You act as if I mentioned all the chiropody advantages to compare between the programs, which any sound minded person can clearly see was not the case. And your use of hackneyed, grossly over-generalized analogies to defend your viewpoints is absurdly comical (I appreciate the laugh though). I am completely game for constructive open-minded discussion, but I will not bother with disrespectful individuals who lack propriety and conduct. As others have pointed out in this thread, you have exhibited rude and selectively defensive behaviour, and if you yourself cannot recognise this then I truly feel sorry for you. Students come here to garner information about programs, not to listen to insolent comments that directly put down other professions. And yes, for the umpteenth time, you said you are biased on the issue (and BOY do I believe you on that). Leave it at that and let the other applicants post what they need. I'm not going to waste my time feeding a tunnel-visioned troll.
May 10, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
zxhy17 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:57 pm
They said it's not required since the school can access it directly.. And it says there they will arrange it for me to be submitted... So I actually dunno if they received it or not.. Since there is no check mark beside it I assume maybe not..? I will email them again tomorrow to ask..
Hi I posted the screenshot before of the join.uoft site showing the acceptance. I had to tell my university to send the transcripts and it cost 15 bucks but I went to Guelph for my undergrad so I'm not 100%. Definitely keep emailing them so you get all the info you need
Apr 17, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
zeebee9 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:54 am
Hi I posted the screenshot before of the join.uoft site showing the acceptance. I had to tell my university to send the transcripts and it cost 15 bucks but I went to Guelph for my undergrad so I'm not 100%. Definitely keep emailing them so you get all the info you need
Thank you for the info! Should I be sending it to michener...? I'm not even sure who is having the control here lol.. It seems like michener is doing it but why is U of T reporting it...?
May 10, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
zxhy17 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:02 am
Thank you for the info! Should I be sending it to michener...? I'm not even sure who is having the control here lol.. It seems like michener is doing it but why is U of T reporting it...?
I believe Guelph sent my transcript to u of t so that's probably why u of t is who you need to be emailing but again I have no idea :p good luck!
Apr 12, 2016
8 posts
2835850 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:51 am
Your reputable sources are what, Wikipedia, indeed jobs, and payscale? Shoddy detective work there buddy. Again there are the college reports that I invite you to read (which are indeed reliable since this information gets passed onto the ministry of health), although I doubt you'd care to sift through those since you're set on MLT. I do agree that there is a lack of information on Canadian chiropody on the internet, but again that is simply taking into account of the fact that the profession is relatively new and only 30 of us graduate from the program every year. If you want solid facts about any program, you'll likely get better luck contacting their respective Colleges or from raw data. In fact, go check the MICHENER job board right now; I believe there's a posting there that's offering 90k to 110 k in Toronto and is open to new chiropody grads (along with 16 other chiropody postings). For everyone else, always check this alumni board because it's one of the few reliable public boards for any program being offered at Michener. http://michener.ca/alumni/job-board/

As for the PT issue, what I originally alluded to was taking on another PT job IN chiropody, not just any job. PT jobs in chiropody are in abundance all over Ontario, so you can add on as you please. Like I said in my old post, there are disadvantages because you likely will have to drive all over the place. All the while, I'm sure you'll combat with some sort of OH BUT THE ONLINE INTERNET STUFF SAYS THIS AND I CAN'T FIND INFO ON THAT AND YOU GUYS ARENT "GOOD ENOUGH". I frankly don't care, and judging from other's past comments, neither does anyone else in this thread. Goodness, my dentist, optometrist, rad tech, and ultrasound friends take on 2 PT positions in their field as well because of availability; are they too "not good enough"?

And why on earth are you being so defensive about MLT in all this? I never once said the profession was shit, or that chiropody is any better. My posts did not make any comments toward the program, I only spoke of the profession that I am in and wanted to provide further information on matters ONLY pertaining to chiropody. You act as if I mentioned all the chiropody advantages to compare between the programs, which any sound minded person can clearly see was not the case. And your use of hackneyed, grossly over-generalized analogies to defend your viewpoints is absurdly comical (I appreciate the laugh though). I am completely game for constructive open-minded discussion, but I will not bother with disrespectful individuals who lack propriety and conduct. As others have pointed out in this thread, you have exhibited rude and selectively defensive behaviour, and if you yourself cannot recognise this then I truly feel sorry for you. Students come here to garner information about programs, not to listen to insolent comments that directly put down other professions. And yes, for the umpteenth time, you said you are biased on the issue (and BOY do I believe you on that). Leave it at that and let the other applicants post what they need. I'm not going to waste my time feeding a tunnel-visioned troll.
Thank you for your detailed and helpful response! I'm glad to see someone posting relevant and correct information about chiropody that aren't based from Wikipedia articles but rather reputable sources. Completely agree with what you said!
Apr 17, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
zeebee9 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:08 am
I believe Guelph sent my transcript to u of t so that's probably why u of t is who you need to be emailing but again I have no idea :p good luck!
On your michener portal under "Transcripts Received", did it show there.. Mine only has Supplementary Application received.
May 10, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
Also here's what my join thing looks like. Highschool was just for a paramedic program I applied to, doesn't have anything to do with the michener one
Images
  • Screenshot_20170516-011031.png
May 13, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Just needed some input.

After researching Radiology tech positions and reading through a whole lot of forums, i'm finding there isn't much jobs about there and the ones i do come across are casual/on-call.

Should i consider accepting the Radiology Tech offer and not waiting for MLS (waitlisted), which i feel has more job opening and you can work in different disciplines.
Apr 17, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
zeebee9 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:11 am
Also here's what my join thing looks like. Highschool was just for a paramedic program I applied to, doesn't have anything to do with the michener one
like on this page ..? do you have transcript received listed there?
Images
  • image.jpeg
May 10, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
zxhy17 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:24 am
like on this page ..? do you have transcript received listed there?
That is just the 45 dollar fee we had to pay a while ago. It shows the same thing for me
Apr 17, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
zeebee9 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:35 am
That is just the 45 dollar fee we had to pay a while ago. It shows the same thing for me
Thanks!
Oct 28, 2015
104 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
2835850 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:51 am

Dude, do you understand if Michener is in question, any posting from Michener has conflict of interests? That's why you have to look for 3rd reputable party to see job prospect, instead of what Michener tells you, because there is a conflict of interests. This is why if you think Voodoo religion is a scam, you don't ask the high priest of Voodoo, you use 3rd party info(eg. lab experiments) to see if that validate their claims.

https://www.indeed.com/forum/job/nuclea ... t107934/p1

^^^ Read this to its entirety, this is an example of your lies, school sales agents pretending to help but led to many students without jobs. Posters paid to make false information to attract students EXPOSED

People like you who pretend to be helping potential students, but are actually saying whatever they can to lure them in. All you lying sales agents are exposed in that thread, posting false information and got caught. This is many years ago.

You are giving no reputable sources, find a news article saying that "BC, AB, QC" will become available for chiropodists, you can't, because you got nothing but lies.

Only thing I am saying is that Michener's MLS program has higher job opportunities than chiropody program. But you trolls sale reps love to add exaggeration and embellishment that are not backed by any reputable evidence, so now I am posting evidences against your fallible claims.
Apr 11, 2016
70 posts
10 upvotes
It doesn't seem that NMTech will change his/her views, and who would based on his/her experience? Just leave him/her be; posts have been made to shed light on the program and what it can entail once you graduate. There's no point in continuing the conversation further.
Apr 17, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
chaharr wrote:
May 16th, 2017 9:55 am
My Join UoT now says admitted for Radiation Therapy!
Mine still says check status but it's good to know that they are still sending out offers.