Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2017 Admissions

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 3:52 pm
Jul 3, 2012
22 posts
Toronto, Ontario
;_; still waitlisted, anyone know how large the class is for MLS?
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
14 posts
3 upvotes
dbgt5001 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 5:53 pm
;_; still waitlisted, anyone know how large the class is for MLS?
This year they are accepting 72 people into MLS!
May 17, 2017
3 posts
Hi guys, I received an offer not long ago but I have not received an official letter yet. And although i was not given any info on this, I want to start the Health Services & Requirements part now because I know it's an requirement and it takes time. However, I was not sure about few things. For example, are we going to get specific instructions in the letter or in an email regarding how we are going to complete it or should we just use the info posted on the Michener site. For example, the immunization (IRF) form that was posted on the website, it's the 2016 version, are we still using the same one?
Jun 4, 2017
6 posts
13 upvotes
Hi, I just used the links that were in the email I received. The official letter I got in the mail said to follow the steps in the email, so that's what I'm doing. The immunization form I was linked to was also from 2016. Hope that helps.
Jun 18, 2017
1 posts
Anyone accepted their offer for diagnostic cytology? Any idea about the class size of this program? I appreciate you replies :)
Jul 10, 2012
289 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
Hd0101 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 11:44 am
Anyone know if/when 3rd round offers are going out?
Don't think there is a definitive date after second round. But They are still accepting students like 1 day before the class starts. Good luck!
Apr 24, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
I got an offer for Ultrasound today. Earlier I accepted offer for MLS. Now wondering if I should switch to Ultrasound. What are the job prospect of Ultrasound vs MLS, work load and opportunities for high studies. I am a female and has a small baby. Anyone can shed some light on this. Really confused at this point.
May 13, 2017
7 posts
HI Kibriamg,

Based on reading previous threads, I believe the general consensus is that ultrasound is better than MLS because of the job prospects. There is better hours with better pay since there's a lot of job availabilities at the moment because of the non-invasive-mess of diagnostic imaging. But ultimately it up to you to decide.
Mar 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Got an offer for RT - super happy about it!

Quick question, if you accept the offer, does it remove you from the waitlist of other Michener programs?
Apr 24, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
karabera wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 10:46 am
Got an offer for RT - super happy about it!

Quick question, if you accept the offer, does it remove you from the waitlist of other Michener programs?
Congrats. You will still be placed in the waiting list. I was on waiting list. First, I got offer for MLS, and I accepted it. Then they just offered me Ultrasound two days ago. Now wondering if I should switch to Ultrasound or not. If I switch, they will transfer my deposit to the new program (Ultrasound). Pretty fair.
Mar 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
kibriamg wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 12:29 pm
Congrats. You will still be placed in the waiting list. I was on waiting list. First, I got offer for MLS, and I accepted it. Then they just offered me Ultrasound two days ago. Now wondering if I should switch to Ultrasound or not. If I switch, they will transfer my deposit to the new program (Ultrasound). Pretty fair.
Thanks - I'm actually waiting for Ultrasound as well but if not, I'm still pretty content with RT.

Idk much about MLS but for me, because Ultrasound is a relatively shorter program, it will allow me to work in the field sooner. Job outlook for U/s looks good too - ofc that is probably not exclusive since I've been told by a graduate of this year that most people have jobs already across the programs :)
Jan 12, 2017
217 posts
237 upvotes
ON
I did not read all 23 pages of this thread.
Just wondering what Michener's employment rate for graduates is? 90% get jobs or higher? And what kind of starting salaries do graduates get?
make sure there is No Wynne in Ontario by June 2018
Apr 28, 2017
10 posts
Does anyone know the start and end day of classes for the 2017/18 school year, or where I could find this information? Also, does anyone know how our course schedule will be set up? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Apr 12, 2016
8 posts
NoWynne2018 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 5:04 pm
I did not read all 23 pages of this thread.
Just wondering what Michener's employment rate for graduates is? 90% get jobs or higher? And what kind of starting salaries do graduates get?
It largely depends on what program you choose. Each program varies significantly in terms of pay and employment outcome.