Students

Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences - 2018 Admissions

May 1, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
I got no idea what a top ranked candidate means. I thought they wouldn't tell us about waitlist positions. Like is top ranked within the top three on the waitlist? I feel like being top 10 or top 5 wouldn't mean much on the waitlist unless you are literally within the top two.
May 10, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:43 am
I got no idea what a top ranked candidate means. I thought they wouldn't tell us about waitlist positions. Like is top ranked within the top three on the waitlist? I feel like being top 10 or top 5 wouldn't mean much on the waitlist unless you are literally within the top two.
That's what I thought. But of course it also states that they can't reveal our spot on the waitlist so I guess we'll never know lol.
Apr 25, 2017
3 posts
Got accepted into ultrasound yesterday but previously accepted respiratory therapy. Will accept ultrasound now, so a spot will open for RT :) good luck everyone
May 1, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
LittleStitous wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:56 am
That's what I thought. But of course it also states that they can't reveal our spot on the waitlist so I guess we'll never know lol.
I know micheners suppose to be a great school but I have only ever heard bad things about their administrative admissions personnel and procedures lol
May 15, 2018
25 posts
14 upvotes
TrueNorthEast wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:43 am
I think it depends on what program you applied to. For example MLS list moves pretty fast so even top 5 or 10 may have a shot. I looked at the 2017 thread and there were posts from people who got into MLS in mid July (4th round).
Jun 4, 2018
5 posts
CVP class size is usually 10-12...what I've heard from past students
May 1, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
Sunsh1n3 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:28 am
CVP class size is usually 10-12...what I've heard from past students
Daaaaaaaaamn. Gotta hope a lot of those people get into med school or something too lmao
May 15, 2018
25 posts
14 upvotes
I also got an email this morning saying I'm a "top-ranked candidate on the waitlist". But what does this mean?!? Did everyone on the waitlist get this email?
May 1, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 3:13 pm
I also got an email this morning saying I'm a "top-ranked candidate on the waitlist". But what does this mean?!? Did everyone on the waitlist get this email?
If they called everyone a top ranked candidate lol ...

That'd be something eh? Just keeping everyone just the right amount of hopeful Face With Tears Of Joy!
May 14, 2018
6 posts
Hi, I recently got accepted to chiropody and i'm waiting for ultrasound. I was wondering if you guys could help me out there. Basically, there was this post on a different forum saying how do you think it is a dying field because other provinces like Quebec and Alberta have decided to join the profession in favor of specialized doctors. So I was wondering what peoples opinions or views were on this topic? or even better, if someone from chiropody who recently graduated had any insight? Is it really a field where it's so hard to find jobs that it's not really safe to do it?
Jul 30, 2017
5 posts
anxious123 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 6:04 pm
Hi, I recently got accepted to chiropody and i'm waiting for ultrasound. I was wondering if you guys could help me out there. Basically, there was this post on a different forum saying how do you think it is a dying field because other provinces like Quebec and Alberta have decided to join the profession in favor of specialized doctors. So I was wondering what peoples opinions or views were on this topic? or even better, if someone from chiropody who recently graduated had any insight? Is it really a field where it's so hard to find jobs that it's not really safe to do it?
I don't know about chiropody after but during study it is very intense program and prepare you very well for the job .....

Actually, I heard bad reviews about ultrasound - that it doesn't cover a lot of topics like others colleges (vascular, musculoskeletal., pediatric), they teach only abdominal & obstetrics/ginegocogy , also many students had issues during clinical practice... but it is shorter program...

Although, Michener's reputation is very good generally...
Jan 25, 2017
1 posts
I only got "You are still on the waitlist for this program". No mention of top-ranked candidate. Maybe this means you have better chance of getting in ;) Best of luck!
May 8, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
AnaU41709 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 3:13 pm

My MLS waitlist email didn't say I was a "top candidate" so I imagine you still have some hope :)
May 1, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
With the class sizes so small, does anyone have any numbers on how many people actually graduate?